Moisturizing Your Balenciaga

odd

O.G.
Mar 20, 2006
i just bought the leather conditioner and wondered if any of you use it on the handles of your bbag? or everything other than the handles? thanks! :flowers:

I have put the conditioner on the handles and it has made my handles a bit darker. Also I have heard that if your handles are already darkened/dirty that putting the conditioner on will make it even worse. My friend recommends spraying the handles with the apple guard stain/water repellant to protect the handles from getting darker.

No, actually it doesn't help the handles that much. Maybe only the leather portion but it worsens the lacing part of the handles. I agree with Chloesmygirl. For the body, yes. Handles: tread with care. ~jmo~ :smile:

I would never use the conditioner on the handles unless I was using a Qtip and being extremely careful not to get it on the rope portion. I would think that getting it on the rope would make it prone to getting darker quicker.

haha ooook so i should be getting my apple guard today finally. do i just go nuts and spray like hell? or do i avoid certain areas on my first? i dont want to ruin it! haha thanks girls! :kiss:

rosetintsmyworld said:
haha ooook so i should be getting my apple guard today finally. do i just go nuts and spray like hell? or do i avoid certain areas on my first? i dont want to ruin it! haha thanks girls! :kiss:

I suggest standing approximately 8-10 inches away and spray in a sweeping, back and forth motion - evenly - a light hand if you will. Allow to dry overnight (24 hours) and if you'd like, repeat the steps and spray again.

*Remember less is more. :smile:

esile said:
i recommend spraying 3 coats, especially on the handles (letting it dry inbetween coats). it prevents the handles from darkening.

Yes, I do 2-3 coats as well.

*To clarify less is more in amount of spray
(a light spray) vs the frequency (amount of times sprayed).

I'm just curious--What is the rationale for the number of coats? Has someone done two coats and found that the handles still darken? Once the leather is in a seal, why wouldn't that be enough?