Mixing Metals?

Thanks everyone. I always wear all yellow gold, but I am getting a pair of HOF diamond hoop earrings and everyone is telling me that white gold is the way to go.
I just wanted to make sure that they would look good with my yellow gold jewelry.
I will be sure to post a pic of them when I get them.

Reactions: Brits'n'Pieces
Nope - I mix metals and I've frequently gotten the comment that it's "European." I suppose it refers to a certain ... je ne sais quoi? But, seriously ....

While I probably wouldn't wear a pair of yellow gold earrings with a white gold necklace, or vice versa, I don't see anything wrong with wearing disparate rings, or a watch of a differing metal. Life's too short to go completely matchy - take it on a case-by-case basis, and wear the things you love together. Your taste (heck, all our individual taste) is good enough to decide what works, and what doesn't!

I wear a two-tone watch as well, so it matches whatever jewelry I am wearing. That certainly makes it easier to pull off the mixed metal look.

Oh, and I love the Yurman two-tone stuff!

I used to be crazy about this. I even have bags with gold hardware that I wouldn't mix if I was wearing a belt or shoes with silver hardware. I bought a bangle set from Saks that has mixed metals, so now I wear it all together and I feel like the bangle set makes it all okay.

I mix mine & I love the look. I find it more interesting like that & not so much how my mom would wear her jewellery. She would never mix it - but I think that's more a generational thing. I'll even wear yellow gold rings with a silver bracelet on the same hand. Looks alright to me!