Mixing Metals?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Should I mix?

1. Love them together!!!!

2. Looks tacky - stick with only one color metal

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hello ladies, I am new to this subforum and would like to know if is ok to wear different types of jewelry. .e. My engagement and wedding band are platitum..but I want to buy a gold necklace ?? any toughts??

Thanks a lot

2. it is totally fine. my wedding ring set is white gold and i wear yellow gold earigns occassionally. i find just dont let the pieces b too close together (ie rings and a bracelet) also one of my ESQ watches is two-tone and i find that helps to kind of tone everything in together.

3. I wear both metals; as a matter of fact, I have a number of pieces which are Platinum & Gold (for instance - my Rolex watch, my Cartier "Love" bracelet, etc.). I actually like the combo ... plus, I think it's very versatile.

4. I always wear my 1 Ct. promise ring that is set in a antique halo style settting in white gold with my 14kt yellow gold with white and yellow diamond necklace. The pendant is in a shape of a heart, about an inch tall. The heart is bordered with white diamonds and filled with all fancy yellow diamonds. I also wear my diamond studs set in white gold. I wear these 3 pieces everyday and I don't think it looks odd. At first, I was worried that these pieces would clash with one another, but now I don't even care. :yahoo:

5. I wear silver/platinum everyday but I will wear my LV Inclusion bracelets that have a bit of gold color in them with my silver/plat. jewelry. But, I'm not really a fan of gold unless it's white gold.

6. I never mix, but that's only because I don't have any yellow gold to mix in. My wedding band and engagement ring are platinum, both of my Movado watches and my Tag Heuer watch is stainless steel, I have 1 white gold ring and the rest of my jewelery is sterling silver (mostly from Tiffany). So I think it's fine but I just never buy yellow gold pieces.

7. I think it's nice to mix metals. I especially love 18K or higher yellow gold mixed with platinum. =)

8. I love mixing gold/silver/platinum! I wear a Yurman ring and bracelet as my everyday jewelry, and since Yurman jewelry is made of gold and silver, it ties my other jewelry together.

9. I actutally prefer to mix the two most of the time...sometimes, depending on the piece...it may not work...but its really nice to mix it up and have fun!!

10. Everything I own is either platinum or white gold, but I like the look of mixing yellow gold with other metals. I don't think that in this day and age there are any hard and fast rules about it.

11. Thanks everyone, I got this really cute gold pumps and I want to buy some gold jewelry to match but I did want to ask first :P

12. I mix white and yellow, looks good to me!

13. It's the "IN" thing to do.....I read somewhere that mixing metals is considered the hot thing to do right now.

14. i never used to but now it's starting to grow on me so i do it sometimes :smile:

15. Girl I had my yellow gold wedding ring re set with more diamonds (cool birthday present) a couple of years ago and I had the ring shank remain yellow and where the diamonds are it is white gold only to make the diamonds appear larger. I love my ring more now. All my other jewlery is yellow gold. White wedding ring with yellow gold is my style!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice