Miu Miu or Prada?

Yes...the Bow is really irresistible ! it will always on your mind, thinkin thinkin & thinkin. i regret i did not buy when i was in Paris 2008. however, i just brought the Bow in HK last month, yahooooo !!! :yahoo:

Ah Am... which colour did you buy in HK last month? They only have the black, white and light blue at the moment :sad:

Miu Miu is not nesscarily any cheaper than Prada IMO... I think they are shoulders to shoulders now.....

I have been a miu miu girl... I am feeling "bored" bc I owe or have owed 90% of MM classic..... but I am debating to get that "Alexa" Miu Miu Bag.....................

Fall 2009 season... I was only loving the Pattina & stage bag..... and the sale selection was lacking....... Prada wins for Fall 2009... for me

Interesting about the quality issues that Miu Miu have.
I have to admit when u r coughing up quiet a bit of $$$ for a bag, u dont really want quality issues.
I think I hold back on purchasing certain bags from Miu Miu.

In saying that, I still love some of the color's & designs of Miu Miu,
whether I prefer it to Prada, that's a different story...
Prada also has some stunning styles.
They both have a different look to offer.
Prada is more classic & Miu Miu is a lot more fun.
So I guess it boils down to what look your after.
I like both.......:smile:

I know that they come from the same designer, but if you had a choice would you be getting a Miu Miu or Prada bag?

I own both and I get more compliments on the miu miu. And when I sell I get better offers on miu miu.
At the moment, I really like the bow bag, but then, if I spend a bit more, I can get a Prada...

Is there really much quality difference between to the two brands?

Thanks!

I think Prada leather bags are of higher quality leather, with more leather options and a studier construction in my experience. I also think Prada overall has a more established brand that will hold resale value better (but still not re-sale investment worthy). MIUMIU won bran of the year for 2022, but they are kinda a fad as their meteoric brand rise is to the y2k, barbie, and collegiate styles being on trend.

I've (thankfully!) never encountered any quality problems with miu miu and I prefer their designs to what prada has been up to lately with their nylon/shearling/fabric bags. I adore the luxury feel of miu miu's matelasse nappa leather but I think too much of their brand revolves around it. Still, when I can get a bag that really feels like I'm holding luxury for the same price of a prada nylon, for me it's an obvious choice which I'd go for. Not sure about resale value – I don't recognise prada's handbag designs lately but a lot of miu miu bags that I bought a decade ago are still sold (at a much higher price). I know that Dior's resale value is terrible for everything other than the lady Dior and possibly the saddle because they retire their lines relatively often, so prada might be similar (excluding the re-editions). That being said, I haven't had the most experience with prada, so correct me if I'm mistaken!