Miu Miu or Prada?

Jan 14, 2007
I know that they come from the same designer, but if you had a choice would you be getting a Miu Miu or Prada bag?

At the moment, I really like the bow bag, but then, if I spend a bit more, I can get a Prada...

Is there really much quality difference between to the two brands?

Thanks!

I love both so I'm biased.

IMO, Miu Miu is a serious competitor to Prada. Top fashion magazines regularly feature both Miu Miu and Prada fashions alongside.

It's all about your preference. I adore Miu Miu purses for the fun and feminine factor but I love to jazz up my outfits with a classic Prada.

Just as Miu Miu purses can be off beaten and wildly feminine (bow bag etc), Prada is just as equally ladylike in appeal.

I say, go for the style that appeals to you best.

Reactions: dotty8
HAHA. I think its abit unfair to post in here. Obviously Miu Miu will get bias votes.

Personally, Miu Miu is definitely the younger buyoff from Prada. You just have to ask yourselves between these two brands. Prada is already so high up there in terms of reputation, you need to really have a 'kind' of look so carry it off. I've seen little girls carrying prada, you know they have been saving pennies for months to get that bag. But then, when you see a girl of the same age carrying Miu Miu. Naturally, you won't fault that. Because Miu Miu is cheaper, more funkier. In a way, people tend to find faults on bigger designer labels.

Prada bags are also quite formal for most of their design. It is already under the status recognition. Its no longer about this design or that from which season. Prada is all about, 'I want to bring out to Orchard and tell people that THIS IS A PRADA bag.....~'

Often a times, you bluff yourselves I'm not brand conscious, blah blah. But seriously, you spend so much on a bag, you want the LOGO stamped big on the bag. That's why Gucci and LV succeed in SG. Over at US, Proenza Schouler PS1 alone sells better than some Prada bags.

Overall, just how you personally view this topic regarding competing brands...

But just to round off in terms of quality..... Prada hands down. =p Lol. Their saffiano range are TDF. Miu Miu still lingers between some stitching and QC problem. It annoys me sometimes when you bring out a brand new piece from the box, and find that it's less than acceptable to the customer.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your inputs!!!

I have to agree with you Secretguy... I have read a lot about the quality of MiuMiu which is a kinda of a let down to someone who is just entering their market. I have always been an LV/Chanel/Gucci type of girl, but I wanted something different which is why I am considering getting a Miu Miu or Prada bag!

Will have to go and check out Prada later and make my final decision... the Fumo Bow is still stuck in my head though!

Thanks everyone for your inputs!!!

I have to agree with you Secretguy... I have read a lot about the quality of MiuMiu which is a kinda of a let down to someone who is just entering their market. I have always been an LV/Chanel/Gucci type of girl, but I wanted something different which is why I am considering getting a Miu Miu or Prada bag!

Will have to go and check out Prada later and make my final decision... the Fumo Bow is still stuck in my head though!

Yes...the Bow is really irresistible ! it will always on your mind, thinkin thinkin & thinkin. i regret i did not buy when i was in Paris 2008. however, i just brought the Bow in HK last month, yahooooo !!! :yahoo:

I think that Miu Miu's quality and QC can definitely use a few improvements given the fact that the prices keep going up!

I'm actually peeved at some of the issues with Miu Miu bags, sealant cracks, glue marks, incomplete sealing of leather edges, quilting not aligned etc.

I don't care if it's Hermes or Miu Miu. If you call yourself a premier designer brand, then you need to buckle up on your QC!

However, I do agree with secretguy that Miu Miu is very adventurous. The colors are wow! Lots of design houses do not even come close!

I love my Miu Miu bags and I do baby them more than my other designer purses. I love the designs and adventurous styles. I can live with the quality issues.

I prefer Miu Miu designs. I only have 3 and luckily none of them have any faults. In fact I didnt know faults were common until I saw this thread. I just prefer their stuff. Ive always checked out Prada at the shop when Im on the prowl for a new bag but nothing ever grabs me there (besides the fairy bag but I missed out on that, and I believe that had faults too with the pictures running - that I would have been annoyed about!)

I agree about the quality. My pervinca charm was really nice when I first bought but now it's turned out a little green instead of blue! I put my ten inch laptop inside my baltico bowler and the purple lining tore apart (if that's how you say it). I felt the liner was too small for the bag, it should have been bigger and I always had doubts about carrying big stuff and then that's what happened!

And the craftmanship of the mosto messenger bag looks like something is missing, I don't know what it is, something about the quilting...I have to admit I have been a bit disappointed at Miu Miu quality lately...