Missing the City life!

if you are young its a bummer to live in such a remote area if you are used to city life. but when you get older like me, you actually begin to crave the peace and quiet of the countryside. DH and I are looking for early retirement in a peaceful place but admittedly not too far from the city so we can get our dose of it occassionally. I guess I'm no help. Save your money and move to where you want to live. In the meanwhile, enjoy the beauty of where you are.

At any age, if you are used to and enjoy the arts, gallery walks, great restaurants, high end shopping, multi-ethnic character of the big cities, and can put up with the aggravations, no amount of bird singing, crickets, quiet can make up for it., I have always lived in big cities, Havana, New York, Miami, have tried to adapt to small towns, but no can do.......make the best you can of the year ahead and stay abreast of all new trends on the web., then, you will really enjoy Portland which I hear is gorgeous......friends of mine just bought a house/vineyard right on the outskirts, plan to visit them next year......good luck in Kansas........:heart:H