MINKIE CHAT THREAD ..... Let's chat! (4)

Hi! I've been lurking here a bit, trying to figure out the color names of a few bags I own. Can someone please tell me what OS and SW stand for?
Hi and welcome! OS is short for 'old school' meaning original RM bags from the early years ('05-'08 it could be '07) and SW is 'stone wash' leather...it's one of her best leathers that feels velvety soft to the touch...reminds me of running your hands across baby powder. :smile:

we don't get much rain here, but now that I've switched from my navy MAB which would not be marked by water to my SW mattie which does get water marks, the weather forecast is for rain :annoyed:

and just this morning I spent time getting some marks off the mattie
Really? It felt like summer here. Warm and windy. PG&E is getting nervous again. :sad:

see, this is my problem.....unlike a lot of you, I sorta have bag guilt when I'm not using my bags....that's why I recently purged some.....still have some I'm not using but I now feel I could possibly be ok getting a new one.
I'm starting to feel that way too. I just went through every single bag of mine this past weekend. I'm sending some to TRR and others to family and friends. Although I think my husband is starting to understand it's a "collection" or hobby and not an obsession or bad shopping habit. He still rolled his eyes when I placed all my MABs and MAMs in a row on the couch.

Hi and welcome! OS is short for 'old school' meaning original RM bags from the early years ('05-'08 it could be '07) and SW is 'stone wash' leather...it's one of her best leathers that feels velvety soft to the touch...reminds me of running your hands across baby powder. :smile:
Someone once said (about SW) it was like running your hands over a dolphin. Having never done that, I couldn't say one way or another if that was accurate. :oh:

I tried Tarrago (#111) on my most offensive bag handles. It worked well on one and not that well on the others. I don't think I stripped all the oil from the handles first. Anyway, here are my worst handle offenders. (1. RBBBW MAM, 2. chocolate MAM, 3. paperwhite MAB, 4. Fawn MAB.)
IMG_5244.JPG

And here are the results. The chocolate MAM (first one below) was the only really successful one. The RBBBW MAM is somewhat improved. Didn't even bother showing the paperwhite MAB as it didn't work at all. I've been rehoming my MABs so I think I will let these two MABs go.
IMG_5247.JPGIMG_5249.JPGIMG_5250.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Jeepgurl76
I tried Tarrago (#111) on my most offensive bag handles. It worked well on one and not that well on the others. I don't think I stripped all the oil from the handles first. Anyway, here are my worst handle offenders. (1. RBBBW MAM, 2. chocolate MAM, 3. paperwhite MAB, 4. Fawn MAB.)
View attachment 4963410

And here are the results. The chocolate MAM (first one below) was the only really successful one. The RBBBW MAM is somewhat improved. Didn't even bother showing the paperwhite MAB as it didn't work at all. I've been rehoming my MABs so I think I will let these two MABs go.
View attachment 4963412View attachment 4963413View attachment 4963414
Oh wow, those do look so much better!!

I'm starting to feel that way too. I just went through every single bag of mine this past weekend. I'm sending some to TRR and others to family and friends. Although I think my husband is starting to understand it's a "collection" or hobby and not an obsession or bad shopping habit. He still rolled his eyes when I placed all my MABs and MAMs in a row on the couch.
Reminds me of the time my hubby walked in on me with all my RM's on the bed so I could take a photo....it was comical. I think part of acquiring all these bags has been the thrill of the hunt....and before you know it, you're surrounded by way too many bags! I have some premier designer bags that I want to put back into my rotation. I just want all of my bags to be in one closet so that's my goal! Whenever my friends want help with organizing/de-cluttering their closets, it's me they reach out to....but I don't have anyone I feel I can do the same for me...I need someone like minded! This is when I wish I had a sister to lean on. I have you girls but you can't come over and help-lol! A couple years ago I read that book by Marie Kondo, and then I watched some minimalist documentaries and they inspired me to really clean out so much stuff! But slowly things have been trickling back in. I don't think it's in me to be minimalist anyway but I just want to not shop for the sake of shopping. If I ran out of hangers, I knew it was time to get rid of stuff....but the last few times I ran out of hangers, I went out and bought more hangers (eek!).

Reminds me of the time my hubby walked in on me with all my RM's on the bed so I could take a photo....it was comical. I think part of acquiring all these bags has been the thrill of the hunt....and before you know it, you're surrounded by way too many bags! I have some premier designer bags that I want to put back into my rotation. I just want all of my bags to be in one closet so that's my goal! Whenever my friends want help with organizing/de-cluttering their closets, it's me they reach out to....but I don't have anyone I feel I can do the same for me...I need someone like minded! This is when I wish I had a sister to lean on. I have you girls but you can't come over and help-lol! A couple years ago I read that book by Marie Kondo, and then I watched some minimalist documentaries and they inspired me to really clean out so much stuff! But slowly things have been trickling back in. I don't think it's in me to be minimalist anyway but I just want to not shop for the sake of shopping. If I ran out of hangers, I knew it was time to get rid of stuff....but the last few times I ran out of hangers, I went out and bought more hangers (eek!).
Are you in NYC? If so, I will be that sister for you!!! I could've written this post!!!

I'm pretty good about donating clothing to make space for newer things. But I have trouble donating bags. I've given some to my sister but having sold several it just goes against my grain to unload them at a thrift store. I did bring some that weren't in great shape to a consignment store where I will get very little for them.
With clothes, isn't there a rule that if you haven't worn it in a year or two, get rid of it? sometimes it's hard but for most clothing I can do it.

with all your bags, you must have a big closet Antonia

Reactions: Jeepgurl76