Minimizing My Bag Collection Help Needed

kmatt33

Oct 24, 2016
I am thinking of minimizing my bag collect to two or three at the most. I really don't rotate my bags all that much so don't use them all. My collection isn't huge but I really do love them all. The only one that I really never grab for is my Chanel although I think it is the most beautiful of my bags. I have a Speedy B 30 in mono, a speedy b 25 in DE, an Hermes Bolide 31 and I really want an Hermes Evelyne. I have included photos of my bags below.

Do you think the Bolide or the potential Evelyn would hold up to heavy use (use everyday for months and months,). I was thinking keeping the bolide buying the Evelyn and selling the rest. The problem is what is I love my speedy. If I just don't get an evelyne and use one speedy and my bolide which speedy should I keep. I like handheld so am afraid the 25 would look silly as a handheld but I also like crossbody and the 30 may look funny that way.

Oh this first world problem is driving me nuts. HELP!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 2017-10-23 15.56.52.jpg
    2017-10-23 15.56.52.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 403
I am thinking of minimizing my bag collect to two or three at the most. I really don't rotate my bags all that much so don't use them all. My collection isn't huge but I really do love them all. The only one that I really never grab for is my Chanel although I think it is the most beautiful of my bags. I have a Speedy B 30 in mono, a speedy b 25 in DE, an Hermes Bolide 31 and I really want an Hermes Evelyne. I have included photos of my bags below.

Do you think the Bolide or the potential Evelyn would hold up to heavy use (use everyday for months and months,). I was thinking keeping the bolide buying the Evelyn and selling the rest. The problem is what is I love my speedy. If I just don't get an evelyne and use one speedy and my bolide which speedy should I keep. I like handheld so am afraid the 25 would look silly as a handheld but I also like crossbody and the 30 may look funny that way.

Attachments

• IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 643
    2017-10-23 15.56.52.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 656

Attachments

• IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 594
    2017-10-23 15.56.52.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 596
Reactions: nuf
Can I ask why you want to get rid of any of these? If this is your entire collection, it is not that many bags, TBH, and they all beautiful versatile bags that will stand the test of time.

To answer your question on the bolide and evelyne, yes, they will hold up to heavy use, and you can always send them to Hermes spa to be spruced up if they need it. I wouldn’t give up the Speedys, though, as they are also durable and a lot lighter in weight than the bolide or evelyne.

I think you have a beautiful, well-curated small collection and wouldn’t give up any of those bags if you don’t have to financially.

If you realy want to get rid of one, I'd get rid of the Ebene Speedy. I like monogram more! The rest of your bags are nice and I agree, you don't have that many anyways so I don't think you really need to downsize. The Chanel is gorgeous and who knows maybe you'll find a use for it soon. It would make a great evening bag!

Reactions: kmatt33
I don't know, I think just keep them all and save some more for the new Hermes, while you save up, you can make sure if you really want it too. All of your bags are very different, nothing in the same pattern or that type of thing. You might look into how much you could actually get for either Speedy in the condition it's in, if you can't get that much definitely better to keep, you might want a bag that's a little more "knock around" to not worry about as much.

I like both your Speedies, I'm kind of on/off with LV, not sure if I like it or not for the price that it is, haven't bought any for a long time, don't really use the ones I have very often. But I happened along some vintage designer bags being sold in a shop last week (they did have a few pretty Chanel flaps but way out of my price range!) and was contemplating an LV black epi Speedy 30 they had. Mainly because it was going to be around $500 plus tax which I thought was a pretty good price, but on closer look it did have wear on the piping and for that amount I just wasn't sure about it so I passed. They had quite a few Mono bags too, they all had the dark vachetta though which I don't really care for, yours looks good from your picture. The Damier bags they had all still looked really good, just not in styles I really wanted.

So if you do want to sell a Speedy, I would take into account which size holds your things better, which pattern you like better, whether you want the option to wear with strap, and which you think is going to hold up and look better over time.

I have the Evelyne III in Gold and love carrying that bag. I also have the Speedy B 30 in mono, and enjoy it as well. I sold my Chanel Flap and 2 Medallions (sp). I would LOVE a Bolide!!!! Yours is beautiful!!!! We have similar taste. Seems to me you are like me and enjoy a more casual look. Sell the Flap and one of the Speedys to get the Evelyne. You'd end up with 2 fantastic Hermes and one timeless LV. Or keep both Speedys, but for sure you will enjoy an Evie.

I saw a gal at the grocery store tonight with a Chanel Flap in SHW, I think a jumbo. I appreciated the look, but not for me. We can admire, but we have to carry what works.

Reactions: kmatt33