MINI~MINI~MINI! Mini Flap Thread

Hi everyone. I went to my local boutique today to checkout the square mini and 2.55 mini. The 2.55 is in pink so put my name for the black with ghw. Which should I choose and why? The square mini in grey (pictured) or the 2.55 mini in ghw (coming soon). Unfortunately, I missed the pre-increase prices. I wonder which style should I go for for a day to evening small bag. They have similar drop lengths but the mini reissue appears to be slightly more spacious. Thanks for your help. Feel free to provide likes and dislikes. And an alternative I have in mind is the ysl bag. Any thoughts? Thanks heaps :smile:

Attachments

• IMG-20200605-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200605-WA0006.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG-20200605-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200605-WA0005.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG-20200605-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200605-WA0004.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 373
  • 20200605_172142.jpg
    20200605_172142.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG-20200605-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200605-WA0002.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 350
Hi everyone. I went to my local boutique today to checkout the square mini and 2.55 mini. The 2.55 is in pink so put my name for the black with ghw. Which should I choose and why? The square mini in grey (pictured) or the 2.55 mini in ghw (coming soon). Unfortunately, I missed the pre-increase prices. I wonder which style should I go for for a day to evening small bag. They have similar drop lengths but the mini reissue appears to be slightly more spacious. Thanks for your help. Feel free to provide likes and dislikes. And an alternative I have in mind is the ysl bag. Any thoughts? Thanks heaps :smile:
Beautiful choices!
I have both the rectangle mini and the reissue mini but between two styles I prefer the reissue because of the 4 grommets and the versatility to be able to wear it as a shoulder bag or crossbody. I also find the distressed calfskin on the reissue is more durable compared to the lambskin on the mini flaps. Good luck in making your decision! :flowers:

Beautiful choices!
I have both the rectangle mini and the reissue mini but between two styles I prefer the reissue because of the 4 grommets and the versatility to be able to wear it as a shoulder bag or crossbody. I also find the distressed calfskin on the reissue is more durable compared to the lambskin on the mini flaps. Good luck in making your decision! :flowers:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do prefer the reissue. A grey reissue would have been even more stunning. Really upset though about the price increase. But really excited at the same time. :smile:

Both Chanels look good on you, and better than the YSL which seems too oversized! The strap drop for the square looks good, but I tend to prefer wearing bags crossbody at the waist level.

Reactions: luvleeness
Both Chanels look good on you, and better than the YSL which seems too oversized! The strap drop for the square looks good, but I tend to prefer wearing bags crossbody at the waist level.
thank you. i like wearing them cross body too. :smile: both straps are the same length but my husband took my picture with the reissue a bit too high from the top. forgot take photo in cross body. :smile: and yes, the ysl looks oversized. the same with the medium classic so i stick with smaller profiles. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: bklner2014
Hi gals!
I am hoping to get some insight since everyone here is so knowledgeable. My friend purchased a used mini and when we compared ours, it looks very similar. One difference was the ring where the straps go through. Mine is just a skinnier round ring, while hers was thicker, flatter and had the word Chanel embossed. It looks like the rings on a GST. It was guaranteed authentic, but no date code or card and I said I'd ask around for her! Any help would be much appreciated.

I like the pink mini reissue on you the most! If you're choosing between the black mini reissue or square grey mini, I'd go with the black. It definitely seems more versatile and elegant as a day to evening small bag. IMO, the square seems more casual, which I find more limiting.

You have a gorgeous collection. Which one is your favourite? Put my name for the 2.55 mini black with ghw. Can you please share your likes and dislikes about these styles?
My favorite is the tiffany blue one! That shade of blue.... ❤ !!
As for the black mini reissue...i love it bc it is so carefree and light. It doesn't need to be babied at all. Good luck!

Reactions: luvleeness
My favorite is the tiffany blue one! That shade of blue.... ❤ !!
As for the black mini reissue...i love it bc it is so carefree and light. It doesn't need to be babied at all. Good luck!
Yes, the blue is stunning! I'm glad you mentioned the black reissue. Just put my name for it. Was deciding between the grey square mini and black mini reissue in ghw. I hope my name gets picked. It is a draw system here. :smile: how ling have you had the black resissue. Any wear and tips to keep its condition good? Thanks. :smile:

Yes, the blue is stunning! I'm glad you mentioned the black reissue. Just put my name for it. Was deciding between the grey square mini and black mini reissue in ghw. I hope my name gets picked. It is a draw system here. :smile: how ling have you had the black resissue. Any wear and tips to keep its condition good? Thanks. :smile:
I've had it since October. No wear and tear to note. Calfskin is quite durable. But then again, I rotate all my bags so that I'm not using any one too much. Good luck! The grey square mini is beautiful too!

I've had it since October. No wear and tear to note. Calfskin is quite durable. But then again, I rotate all my bags so that I'm not using any one too much. Good luck! The grey square mini is beautiful too!
Good to know calfskin isn't as delicate as lambskin. Yes, the mini is gorgeous. Hence, the difficulty in making the decision. :smile: