MINI~MINI~MINI! Mini Flap Thread

Which do people prefer the larger or smaller grain? I have the larger grain 18s square mini which I’m guessing is super rare but I also like the smaller grain...

Prefer both!! :smile: equally special. After all, not all leather is the same.
I found that the 18s leather is softer, shinier which I love! The 18B seems mor structure, and the puffy quilts will stay that way. Where as if it’s a bit softer; sometimes you will see creases on the quilted parts.

Love both though, as long as it flawless... it’s good for me!

sorry for the multiple posts: this is what I mean:

When did you get the lower mini, the shiny one?

hmm mine looks exactly like that from march 2018. I passed on a July one as I had no idea they looked so diff. i cant afford both but now I think oh no oh no, does one of them look prettier, should I sell mine? lol! oh the chanel shananigangs...

I know what u mean! But it's better to see the new one in person and get it first if u really prefer it, before you sell your 18S one. The black minis especially in caviar are not easy to come by!

Just picked up my 18B mini rectangular flap in black caviar with lghw! I have a black square mini (shw) and a red rect mini (shw) in my collection but this is my first lghw :smile: love how subtle it is.

I think 18B collection won me over so far! So thankful to have a wonderful SA. Anyways thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• 864EC8A5-40FA-4450-AC58-8E10D50F32C2.jpeg
    864EC8A5-40FA-4450-AC58-8E10D50F32C2.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 1,259
I guess it all depends on personal style! I love the 18S because the one I scored is perfectly puffy, yummy and perfect - I like the "bigger" pebbles/grain because it is like the double classic flaps (small, medium etc.). Growing up, dreaming of chanel, I only ever saw the classic flaps and therefore got very used to this size of caviar grain. Therfore, the current 18B small pebbles REALLY irritate me, they look like proper tiny caviar bits/sand - and I hate fish, and caviar for that matter :biggrin:. I did not even know they make different type of caviar graining though so I guess by pure coincidence, I just got lucky with scoring mine the way I liked it.

I do see why people talk about preference when it comes to the shine, too. I did and do not like the matte ones because to me, in person, they looked plastic-y.. I like shiny leather. Its still a far cry from looking like patent, more like a lambskin thats been loved and has patina. I love that sheen..

that said; i can totaly relate why some would always pick matte over shiny or small grain over big grain. Its really all about what you prefer to go with your style and clothing etc.

Thanks katalina I agree it’s down to personal preference. I looked at mine again and although I do love the smaller grain the 18s one I have is too nice to part with :smile:

What did everyone think of the 18c light beige mini rectangular? I got it by chance when I was in nyc last December, but it was so easy to get it makes me wonder if it was unpopular? I walked into the store asking to see minis and they had this and a chevron iridescent. I didn’t realize how hard it is to get minis at the time...

It seemed like they had 3. She brought me a fresh one from the back but when she unwrapped it, it had a black mark on the front. They tried to tell me it was a shadow, but it was a mark. She finally went to the back again and came out with another one that ended up being perfect!

IMG_5750.jpg

Guys,
I just realized my brand new 18B has a tiny scratch on one side. I could get worse quickly if I didn't catch it. I contacted my SA & she was able to secure a new one for exchange. Please check yours carefully & act fast if you're in my situation.

Attachments

• 20180720_233847.jpg
    20180720_233847.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,150
  • 20180720_234248.jpg
    20180720_234248.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited:
Reactions: crazyforbag
My new mini flap (and not last!) in a watermelon/ raspberry colour ❤️ Initially, I was hesitant to get this dark pink mini because I don't have any coloured handbags in my collection. I normally go for a black colour (safe option :smile: )

This is the best picture to show a true colour of a dark pink mini- 18B.
Congrats! Color is beautiful! there will always be black bags.

Reactions: Sarenkaldn