Mini Kelly Picnic

While I personally wouldn't do it, it does seem like a fair trade from the perspective of current market value.

Will a MKII Picnic retain that value? I don't see smaller bags being popular forever. Pendulum will swing towards bigger ones. And those holding small MKIIs (even limited editions) will feel a lot like the holders of limited edition HAC50s or Birkin 40s today: Cool pieces, but I don't know if the prices will support diminished hype and in fact, may drop in value compared to its inflated price from its heyday. But hey, none of us have a crystal ball! Buy it if she loves the bag.

Hi,

My wife would like to trade 1 B25 Togo Black GHW Retourne & 1 MK II Gold Epsom GHW to 1 MK II Picnic Gold Fauve SHW

Is it a good trade? Will MK II Picnic Gold Fauve SHW retain more value than the 2 bags?
the picnic style has been around for more than a decade, still going strong, no sign of the market being saturated (probably because H literally produces so very few of it) so I say Go :biggrin:

Will MK II Picnic Gold Fauve SHW retain more value than the 2 bags
Probably. The two bags in question are wearable basics in current popular sizes, but big bags are making their way back. The mini picnic is more of a collectors item, and it isn’t a daily wear item of course. IMO, she should go with her first instinct as to what she loves.

Thanks. Is it realistic for a new customer who has only just begun their Hermes journey to ask for this? I have placed a wish on a Birkin 30. I do not own any quota bags yet, but like everyone on here I’m completely in love with the brand. Am I asking too much too soon? I’m based in the UK

Reactions: iseebearbears
Thanks. Is it realistic for a new customer who has only just begun their Hermes journey to ask for this? I have placed a wish on a Birkin 30. I do not own any quota bags yet, but like everyone on here I’m completely in love with the brand. Am I asking too much too soon? I’m based in the UK
Probably not. It is likely a bag set aside for big spending VIP.

Reactions: iseebearbears