mini Goldendoodle

Perez Hilton is a jacka$$. It is definitely a toy poodle or a poodle maltese cross. There is no way to even "make" a mini Goldendoodle yet...........unless it is in some mad scientists lab. And if there IS??? That is really scary and out of control. The designer dog thing is so ridiculous, they are essentially "mutts" that are to be had by the dozens at local animal shelters, but hey!! Let's make "designer mutts" and charge over $1000 for them while all the shelter mutts are euthanized. Sorry, that was a total rant:cursing:, but the whole thing just irritates me to no end...I am done venting

oh I saw these teenies going for 5500.00! Not show quality or of sound breeding, but claimed to be 2 lbs in adulthood. Considering the heath issues they're prone too, that can turn into 15000 dog. If anything, go to petfinders to get a "designer" dog who'd already been purchased. That way you're saving a life and not pulling him/her out of inventory so the poor mom has to crank out more abnormally small product to replace it.

Perez Hilton is a jacka$$. It is definitely a toy poodle or a poodle maltese cross. There is no way to even "make" a mini Goldendoodle yet...........unless it is in some mad scientists lab. And if there IS??? That is really scary and out of control. The designer dog thing is so ridiculous, they are essentially "mutts" that are to be had by the dozens at local animal shelters, but hey!! Let's make "designer mutts" and charge over $1000 for them while all the shelter mutts are euthanized. Sorry, that was a total rant:cursing:, but the whole thing just irritates me to no end...I am done venting

I wasn't going to add anything but I just had to second this... it is totally sad how dogs become trends that inevitably go out of style. Remember when the Taco Bell "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" chihuahua got popular? I read an article in the New York Times about a year later of how there was a major surge in chihuahua euthanizations because of the surplus in the breed after they hype wore down.

oh I saw these teenies going for 5500.00! Not show quality or of sound breeding, but claimed to be 2 lbs in adulthood. Considering the heath issues they're prone too, that can turn into 15000 dog. If anything, go to petfinders to get a "designer" dog who'd already been purchased. That way you're saving a life and not pulling him/her out of inventory so the poor mom has to crank out more abnormally small product to replace it.

Do they even have "designer dog" shows?

I found it!!! WOW! lol. This was almost 3 years ago! Mariah has gotten so much lighter since then because of the gray hair:love: ANYWAY, let me stop reminiscing lol!
LOOK AT PRINCESS!!!! This was AFTER I cut the hair that was COVERING her eyes! The poor baby couldnt even see:sad:
princessandmariah.jpg

awww....i think she's cute even as a hott mess. :smile: i'm a little biased though....i had a lahsa as a teen that we inheriented when a neighbor died. duke had that same coloring and he looked almost exactly like that (with a little more trimming around his face).

:back2topic: (sort of)

this whole designer mutt trend really scares me. and it only seems to be getting worse and worse. i just saw a book at barnes and noble highlighting these "designer dog breeds" and how cute they are. *shudder* please do a breed search on www.petfinder.com and you'll see just how many of these babies have been rescued from puppy mills or abandoned once they grow up and aren't "cute" anymore or don't turn out the way they envisioned (they are cross breeds after all....it's almost impossible to predict what they'll look like or grow up to be) or their vet bills/"behavior problems" become so staggering from inbreeding and poor living conditions as a puppy that owners give up on them. it's said that something like 25% of dogs in shelters are purebred....so can you imagine how many are these mixed designer ones? :crybaby: i can understand wanting a small dog because that's what your lifestyle can handle....but if you do a little bit of waiting and searching at many shelters (petfinder makes this easy!) there's a dog out there waiting for everyone without having to perpetuate the puppymill and backyard breeder industry.

there are definately some reputable breeders out there for purebred puppies that do it for the love of the breed. but they have puppies trying to enhance the lines of a certain breed......they make NO money off their puppies. these mixes are NOT breeds and there is no way to breed them responsibly imho.

off my soapbox now. this is just a topic that's really close to my heart.:flowers: