Mini flap as a travel bag?

I always take at least one mini and one pouch/medium o case with me. On a recent two week holiday I took three mini's, but also had an LV pochette for beach style things. I don't carry a lot though...and. Take them with me in carry on.

Reactions: Meowwu
I know your mind is made up so I vote beige!

Other considerations for people browsing the thread. Celine Nano is my favourite for travel due to size (fits a lot more than a mini), weight, and zipper. They are a lot easier for me to get in and out of.

My chanel minis, seasonal flaps, and reissue are next on the list. I do prefer the small Gucci Marmont due to the size, crossbody length, weight and price point (not as concerned if something happens to it).

I am travelling to London and Paris for less than 10 days and as I have developed tennis elbow, I really want to bring with me a cross body purse to use when I am not attending business functions.

I have used jumbo reissue for travel before and it’s aersome. However it got very heavy (because of the double flap) and the metal chain really dug into my shoulders. I have chanel mini flap in mind for this trip. It is covered, no big opening and requires working of the turn lock in order to open. (I am thinking one of my caviar green chevron or calf beige chevron.)

Does anyone have experience travelling with mini flap? Any comments and user experience would be much appreciated.

TIA

It depends on what do you like to carry while you're travelling...

I couldn't use a mini flap or a WOC while travelling because I like to wear sunglasses all the time and sunglasses don't fit either of them. If you like sunglasses (and big sunglasses like I do) a small double flap bag would be a better option.

I honestly think the best travel bag is a Louis Vuitton Alma BB! Perfect size, and if it's made of canvas it is basically everlasting and matches every daytime/travel outfit! AND you can wear it as a crossbody bag as well!

I couldn't use a mini flap or a WOC while travelling because I like to wear sunglasses all the time and sunglasses don't fit either of them. If you like sunglasses (and big sunglasses like I do) a small double flap bag would be a better option.

Another reason why I love the Celine Nano for travel - it was that little hook on the outside to put your sunglasses!

I know your mind is made up so I vote beige!

Other considerations for people browsing the thread. Celine Nano is my favourite for travel due to size (fits a lot more than a mini), weight, and zipper. They are a lot easier for me to get in and out of.

My chanel minis, seasonal flaps, and reissue are next on the list. I do prefer the small Gucci Marmont due to the size, crossbody length, weight and price point (not as concerned if something happens to it).
Another vote for the Celine Nano too.. I like how you can carry it by the handles or hands free but moreover the sheer amount of things it can hold: I am able to fit a compact umbrella inside my Nano as rain is inevitable in London. The top zip closure also made me feel more secure on public transport. Anywho, sorry for the Celine slidetrack ... back to Chanel :smile:

Some of you ladies might have seen on other thread of this same photo. Today is the first full day of my trip (but I am cooped up preparing for a course). I used the mini during a quick stroll. I had originally wanted to put my passport into either the zipped or leather compartment but only found out that my passport would stick out of both right before the stroll. Hahahahaha I should have tried it out earlier. It fits my fabric coin pouch, leather card case, phone and Oyster card case quite well while still being extremely light to carry.

That said, I am quite paranoid about things falling out when I pull stuff out of the since things are so packed, even though not tightly. Again, it might just me me :sad:. (I am now inspired to look for or consider other bags that are slightly bigger yet nimble for travel, say like Celine Nano luggage or balenciaga?! Lol.)

I also adopted a suggestion here to wear it pocket facing while on the street for my peace of mind.

5682D683-0142-4836-A2FE-64F21CFFF599.jpeg