Mineral Make-up/Foundation

I'm wondering if maybe this makeup works better for younger women who don't have a lot of fine lines yet. I'm finding that even when I buff well, the powder seems to accentuate the fine lines in my forehead, and IMO makes me look older. Is there a different product I should be using? I apply a moisturizer a few minutes before the foundation.

I think I have to agree. I have dry, 40 something, skin ( fine lines and rare breakouts), which I moisturize the HECK out of. I'm using Jane Iredale and instead of a youthful "dewey" look I feel dry and chalky looking. I came to the same conclusion; that mineral makeup is most appropriate for younger more acne prone skin. If I am misusing the product I welcome suggestions!

Just wanted to add that this is an excellent thread, since I created my own thread about Mineral makeup I decided to bump this one up for those who were asking questions, I'm sure they'll find it very informative as I did.
Also Loganz posted some excellent instructions which is very beneficial.

It's interesting that some of you mentioned sensitive skin, acne and eczema, I have psoriasis and my skin is sensitive too, I'm really looking forward to trying BE today and maybe trying out the starter kit.
It's great to hear that so many people are going natural!!

I'm wondering if maybe this makeup works better for younger women who don't have a lot of fine lines yet. I'm finding that even when I buff well, the powder seems to accentuate the fine lines in my forehead, and IMO makes me look older. Is there a different product I should be using? I apply a moisturizer a few minutes before the foundation.

Actually, when I first used it I thought my pores looked bigger and my lines were more noticeable. It made a huge difference having someone who knew what they were doing (because I obviously didn't) show me how to put it on. I love it! My face looks so much better.

if you want to make your mineral foundation last longer on your skin try the spritz technique...i absolutely love the effect and the fact that i don't have to do touch-ups for the whole day...=)

Ok i didnt read the whole thread but here is a helful suggestion to those that say it looks cakey...i.d. are minerals so they are not perfectly round they actually are jagged molecules so by using your mineral veil BEFORE you apply your foundation could help with that cakey look ALSO it might be TOO cakey looking if you used TOO much foundation. Remember it's a mineral so its not supposed to look REAL THICK. IF it does however use a clean brush to BUFF away the excess foundation.

I know all of this because I got trained by i.d. professionals while I worked at ULTA.

If I can help out with anything about it let me know ill be happy to help.

ALSO if you have that itchy feeling when you first wear it that's normal YOUR NOT ALLERGIC TO IT!!! Again it has to do with the jagged molecules use the mineral veil first. Remember light presperation causes things to shift jagged molescules are rough which make you feel itchy...

Ok thats all....

So ladies which is better? BM or BE?? I have oily, break out skin and have been using Philosophy supernatural 4-in-one. It has broken me out even more I believe. Now I would like to try mineral make-up....so which one...BE or BM? Thanks!

BM and BE are the same....

Bare minerals
BAre Essentuals
i.d.
i.d. Bare Essentuals
AND many other ones are the same brand of cosmetics....

Oh and ULTA does color match you ask them and they will be more then happy to do so. Not only that but LEVEL 6 ULTA's have what they call Bare Essentual Boutiques inside their stores. Which most NEW stores are 6's or 7's older stores are lower levels. Depending on the level is what you have in the store.

Ok i didnt read the whole thread but here is a helful suggestion to those that say it looks cakey...i.d. are minerals so they are not perfectly round they actually are jagged molecules so by using your mineral veil BEFORE you apply your foundation could help with that cakey look ALSO it might be TOO cakey looking if you used TOO much foundation. Remember it's a mineral so its not supposed to look REAL THICK. IF it does however use a clean brush to BUFF away the excess foundation.

I know all of this because I got trained by i.d. professionals while I worked at ULTA.

If I can help out with anything about it let me know ill be happy to help.

ALSO if you have that itchy feeling when you first wear it that's normal YOUR NOT ALLERGIC TO IT!!! Again it has to do with the jagged molecules use the mineral veil first. Remember light presperation causes things to shift jagged molescules are rough which make you feel itchy...

Ok thats all....

Interesting, I actually found that the only itchy area that the minerals caused irritation was between my eyebrow hairs on the tips of my brows, other than that it was ok... I applied a lot of moisturizer there because there could have been a skin break-out and then the minerals could have gone between the skin and caused that really really itchy sensation.