Mickey saddle bag to disney world?

What color is it? The darker colors are more forgiving. I don't have a Mickey Bag but I do have a number of classic Coach bags and I have found them to be very tough and resilient. Does your bag have a stiff, shiny finish or is it soft and flexible? The stiff, shiny finish tends to scratch more easily.

If I had a Mickey bag I would want to use it at Disney World, but then I wouldn't want to be worried about it all the time, either. I learned how to use and enjoy my bags - but also protect them - when I was taking crowded public transportation and walking to work in all kinds of weather.

I always protect my bags by spraying them with Apple Rain Garde. I also take the precaution of carrying, a lightweight plastic bag with me. If the weather suddenly turns bad I can pull out the plastic bag and shove my beloved Coach bag into it. I carry a large, plastic drawstring shopping bag from the Nike Outlet. I lay it out flat, smooth it out, and then fold it up into a small square. It doesn't take up much room and it has come in handy.

I don't know how big or heavy your Mickey bag is, but walking around Disney World all day can get very tiring and sometimes the classic leather bags can get a bit heavy. I would want to carry a light-weight, hands-free comfortable bag and keep the contents to a minimum during an all-day outing. I only have 2 signature fabric Coach bags but they are perfect for an all-day activity and they are crossbody so I can wear them hands-free. I also have a small, leather crossbody swingpack with a built-in wallet that I use when I only want to carry a few things with me.

You might consider saving the Mickey Saddle Bag for going out to dinner or similar activities while you are in the Orlando area and use a light-weight and less precious bag for trips to the theme parks.

Ask yourself these questions "How sad will I feel if I don't carry Mickey at Disney World?" and "How bad will I feel if my Mickey Bag gets stained or scratched?" The answers to those questions should help you to make up your mind; have fun!

Last edited:
I usually visit Disney world in the summer, so I prefer a lightweight nylon bag (one of my Longchamps). All leather bags and the Florida sun are not a good mix for me. I would use it for browsing Disney Springs or resort hopping, but not for extended time in the parks. Also you mentioned the rain and scratches. I wouldn't want to have to worry about taking care of my bag during vacation.

I have not been to Disney World and I have the angry mickey crossbody (I'll attach a photo) so I'm not sure if this will help. I went to Disneyland on the day it was raining like crazy here and my bag held up fine. I was on and off rides and I didn't see any new scratches (it had a small scratch on it before so I wasn't too worried about other marks).

Personally I like using a bag without worrying so I might go with a different bag if I were you. That way you can vacation without worry.

Untitled.png