Michael Kors Color Comparisons

Does anyone know if DD is the same as Dark Taupe??? :sad:
DD has changed over the last couple years - the original DD was darker/richer while the newer one (2015/2016) was lighter and not as intense. Dark Taupe is closer to the original DD and I believe is the outlet equivalent of DD since I don't recall seeing Dark Taupe in the lifestyle collection. Hope that helps!

DD has changed over the last couple years - the original DD was darker/richer while the newer one (2015/2016) was lighter and not as intense. Dark Taupe is closer to the original DD and I believe is the outlet equivalent of DD since I don't recall seeing Dark Taupe in the lifestyle collection. Hope that helps!

Okay - thank you! I'll look up the the older vs. newer DD to see if I like them. Thank you for responding! Do you have any DD MK's totes?

View attachment 3530092

The above pic is taken with the light on.

The below pic was taken in natural light.

View attachment 3530093

The Bedford satchel (boutique bag) is dark taupe and the Selma is the 2015 dark dune color.

Hope this helps.

Yes! I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find this forum. Thank you all so much! I'm just spending very little on myself this year and I want so badly to pick the right color. In a bag this big I feel like I should go with a neutral. I originally wanted black to look professional but I think I'm a little tired of my big black bags. I really like the DD but for the price don't think I should pass up the dark taupe. UGH! Decisions...lol

Thank you so much. It's such a big leap for me to go to anything but black in a big bag and I want to love it. :smile: I really want DD but it's not on sale.
I personally love the DD over black because it's a great neutral that changes in the light and depending on what you're wearing will show different undertones. That being said, Black is always a safe bet since it goes with everything. If your heart is still set on something in DD perhaps get a wallet in that colour. I'm the same way with all of my larger bags having to be neutral colours. I always make up for it by buying colourful wallets and other accessories such as coin purses and makeup pouches[emoji5]

I personally love the DD over black because it's a great neutral that changes in the light and depending on what you're wearing will show different undertones. That being said, Black is always a safe bet since it goes with everything. If your heart is still set on something in DD perhaps get a wallet in that colour. I'm the same way with all of my larger bags having to be neutral colours. I always make up for it by buying colourful wallets and other accessories such as coin purses and makeup pouches[emoji5]

Oh I agree! A nice wallet or makeup bag in a POP color is always cool. :smile:

Oh I agree! A nice wallet or makeup bag in a POP color is always cool. :smile:
Exactly! Also I'm not sure if you mentioned which bag you're planning on getting, but in the Hamilton thread a couple members posted that the E/W Hamiltons are marked down to $125 at Dillards including DD[emoji5] The NS is the same price on the MK site based on another member's post.

Exactly! Also I'm not sure if you mentioned which bag you're planning on getting, but in the Hamilton thread a couple members posted that the E/W Hamiltons are marked down to $125 at Dillards including DD[emoji5] The NS is the same price on the MK site based on another member's post.
Oh wow! That's great. My husband will love to know I found out this information. HA! I wanted a big jet set. They had a large one at Macy's for $149 in Dark Beige. I finally pulled the trigger this morning. But, now I may go over to Dillards too. ;P

Thanks for posting the pics:smile:
Though I would like to know does "Dark Taupe" ( and namely in Hamilton bags) in reality looks as more brownish or grayish?
Thanks)
I think the color changes depending on what is next to it. I find it more brown when next to brown toned colors, but more grey when next to grey toned colors. Overall, I think it's more brown than grey.