Michael Fassbender

Michael gave an interview to Stylist, it seems pretty recent. I can't upload right now but it's very good! He talks about his parents, childhood, fishy breath at Cannes and avoids talking about love LOL he said he loves to be in love but refuses to answer if he is in love. Maybe someone can post it in here =)

This is the article! It seems Michael is using more his iPhone now! =) He also mentioned his co-stars when asked about equality: Lawrence, Wasikowska, Marion, AV and Kate.

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Nnb68Ow.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Nnb68Ow.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 511

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 540
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 530
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 526
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 524
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 511
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 526
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 494
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 495
Over the years, he always gives me feminist vibes through various his interviews. Just a few examples. There are more including today's stylist magazine interview.

Obviously, there's a certain type of clothing that I prefer on a woman, but for me it's more about confidence than what this woman likes to wear. It wouldn't really bother me that much if I don't like her fashion sense. If she's happy and she's rocking it and has a confidence with it, then I find that attractive.

[Mr. Rochester]’s been burnt, and I always think, the young 18-year-old boy who went out to Jamaica, and bang! Next thing, his life has taken a turn, and it’s a totally different situation than what he would have expected. What was supposed to be sort of an adventure for a young man turned out to be something completely different. But! I gotta say, I always feel for Bertha! I always think, was she just a sexual woman? And in that day and age, if you were sexual, you were crazy. And so it’s like, no wonder she’s trying to burn the house down— she’s been locked up in that feckin’ attic for how many years? I’d be trying to burn the house down, too!

He studied at the Drama Centre London, a school notorious for putting its students in degrading situations in order to break down their inhibitions. It clearly hasn’t done his career any harm, but he has his reservations about the technique. The school has a practice called ‘Private Moments’ where students are asked to perform something they would stop if someone caught them at it. Fassbender’s involved dancing and singing in front of a mirror. I tell him about an actress who did the same, but the tutor insisted she do it in just her pants. Was he asked to strip?‘No, I wasn’t! And you know what, I would have told him to **** off if he did. That’s horrible. I guess a lot of people were forced to do things there that they wouldn’t have done, because they didn’t want to get kicked out. Actresses in general in that school got a much harder time.’

An attitude he has joked he redressed when, in Shame, he did full-frontal nudity. He wasn’t that bothered about it at the time, though not because he lacks insecurities: ‘For god’s sake, I’m insecure, of course I am. But that was just a matter of me going, OK, and just getting naked.’ Subsequently, though, he had George Clooney, Charlize Theron and Sarah Silverman joking about the size of his penis – to his face. He took it on the chin and laughed (‘I can’t start saying: “Wait a second, there’s more about the film than my dick; it’s one scene and it doesn’t go on for very long”’). And he appreciates the irony of a man enduring the sort of smut that women are, finally, a little bit protected from: ‘It wouldn’t be acceptable, it would be seen as sexual harassment, people saying [to an actress], “Your vagina…” You know?’ At the time, he said he was taking one for all the actresses who’d ever been objectified.

As for Lady Macbeth? She has her own emotional baggage spurring her to action-the loss of a child, a husband away at battle for a year, the pain of isolation. "Maybe through this terrible act of killing the king, and them becoming king and queen, they'll be forged together again," Fassbender reasons. "That is vastly more interesting. The idea of women dangerous with ambition-we don't want to feed that bull****."

Even, he thinks Kate embracing her age and wrinkle sexy, for me, that's quite feminism.

He is a true gentleman.

At least he's not digging himself a huge hole like Matt Damon.

He could have gotten into trouble with his Bobby Sands comments on the Andrew Marr show this weekend, but that really isn't much of an issue outside of Northern Ireland anymore (plus, his mother is from Northern Ireland and he actually played the man).

I love at the end of the interview Michael said "it's sexy" when the interviewer were quoting Kate that she's gonna embrace her age.
I'm liking these two.. :smile:

Awesome interview. He's still living in his old flat although he's not there a lot of times due to work.

http://eserei27.tumblr.com/post/130150102921/michael-fassbender-in-stylist-magazine-sept-30
Yes,great interview! And yes,Michael is a gentleman.
At least he's not digging himself a huge hole like Matt Damon.

He could have gotten into trouble with his Bobby Sands comments on the Andrew Marr show this weekend, but that really isn't much of an issue outside of Northern Ireland anymore (plus, his mother is from Northern Ireland and he actually played the man).
I was thinking the same thing.. It's bizarre considering that he didn't get into trouble when he was promoting Hunger.

Ridley Scott wants to work with Michael.. :lol:

You haven’t seen a good western recently?

Well, I adapted Blood Meridian with Bill Monahan, and Cormac McCarthy is one of the more unusual writers that I think the world has; unforgiving narratives where you don’t explain any of the bad news—violence is what it is. Blood Meridian is about how this land was taken from the indigenous peoples with no mercy. But I don’t think it will ever happen. I found it very hard to get it financed. It’s so bloody. I did The Counselor, and I was very, very happy with The Counselor. I think it was very cynical and too nihilistic for some people, but I like nihilistic. What the ****! Apocalypse Now is nihilistic. Godfather is nihilistic. There’s no way Al Pacino is ever a nice guy, and they made the mafia king.

It’s all over television as well, with shows like Breaking Bad.

Yeah. That’s why I thought it would really fly as a film, but it’s got its fans. A very good Spanish director has seen it 34 times. He keeps writing me and saying, “I study it because of its minimalism and its drama.” I’m actually going to be working again with Michael Fassbender in February on Prometheus 2. It’s written, so I’m not chugging along and trying to work out where we’re going to do it. With something like that, it’s six-month prep. We’re going to call it Alien: Paradise Lost. We’re getting closer and closer to the creation of the beasts—how and why they were created—and the first Alien film that I made over thirty years ago. And we have Neill Blomkamp’s Alien, which will be out in 2017. We just have the first [screenplay] draft in so far but it looks pretty good.

You have so many upcoming projects you’re attached to, it’s hard to keep track.
There’s a very good book called The Cartel, which is sort of The Godfather of it all and gets down to the conditions of what’s going on with the Mexican drug cartels, and we bought that. I’m very interested in that. There’s a new show out right now, Narcos, that’s not too bad. I think I need to go there, because The Cartel is very definitive. And we bought Flashman. He’s a character who’s the bad guy from Tom Brown’s School Days, and he’s called Flashman. The writer took it on and wrote 10, 12 books that began in the ‘50s and are beloved with a big fan base. That’s a good one for Fassbender. The guy is a rotter and ne’er-do-well, but inordinately handsome and shags everything, but is actually a coward and a liar. You’ve got a perfect rascal.

I'm liking these two.. :smile:

Yes,great interview! And yes,Michael is a gentleman.

I was thinking the same thing.. It's bizarre considering that he didn't get into trouble when he was promoting Hunger.

Ridley Scott wants to work with Michael.. :lol:

From what I've read, it seems that Kate was almost like a mother to him on set, which is pretty cool. Since she's a mother of three, I get her attitude :lol:

What a surprise, Scott is in love with Michael LOL if his next films are as good as The Martian, go make those films Mike!