Michael Fassbender

Hopefully he will be back to Ireland for the production in Galway
Isn’t that why he’s just been there? I’m assuming Japan as he and Alicia haven’t spent more than a couple of weeks apart at a time since they married. We’ll see. Either way I’m sure he’ll be back to Ireland sooner rather than later because of the film.

Last edited:
Reactions: pearlyqueen
Isn’t that why he’s just been there? I’m assuming Japan as he and Alicia haven’t spent more than a couple of weeks apart at a time since they married. We’ll see. Either way I’m sure he’ll be back to Ireland sooner rather than later because of the film.

The film in question is apparently still in pre production, and he is the executive producer. Not sure that he would feel the need to go back to check on progress.

IA its a likely assumption Michael is heading to Tokyo as they have rarely spent more than 2 weeks apart in the past couple of years unless both were working.

Reactions: baewatch
I hope the same. I would still like to see him drop out of it.
I am in two minds.

The thing about a product that has been popular on the internet is that it doesn’t necessarily translate to cinema receipts. People who watch these things in droves at home aren’t going to suddenly decide to take a trip to the flicks - they’ll just manage to watch it some other way. And it WILL be leaked. So unless KF is released by Netflix or similar, I can’t see how it will be a financial success.

Not sure of it’s validity (we will know in a few hours) but there’s a tweet saying that Michael, Ridley Scott and Russel Crowe will be dining at a Marco Pierre White restaurant Friday night. If they do, looks like claims can no longer be made that the talk of a movie is only in Whites mind.

Not sure of it’s validity (we will know in a few hours) but there’s a tweet saying that Michael, Ridley Scott and Russel Crowe will be dining at a Marco Pierre White restaurant Friday night. If they do, looks like claims can no longer be made that the talk of a movie is only in Whites mind.
I wish that could be true. I think the tweet was merely a quotation (of a statement by White) by the leader of a music trio that was playing in one of Marco's restaurants.
I also saw yesterday an article on a horror film blog about some tweets from a cinema concept artist that seemed to suggest he was preparing Alien-related work for Ridley Scott, though he refused to confirm. In the meantime, Scott's IMDB page says only Queen and Country (as "announced") and Alien: Covenant 2 as in preproduction. The problem is, IMDB can be fairly random and not always up to date. But it does seem as if Ridley has taken a rather long break from directing (long for him), so who knows? I think his last was All the Money in the World, last summer (and then for ten days to place Christopher Plummer in the film).
The uncertainty around the Fox acquisition by Disney has seemed to slow up everything at Fox.

Reactions: pearlyqueen