Michael Fassbender

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Alexander Payne’s celebration after “The Descendants” won best drama at the Golden Globes on Sunday night was muted — literally. The director was at Fox’s after-party wearing pink earplugs and telling guests he was wearing them to protect his sensitive ears from people shouting over the loud music. The move didn’t dissuade the throngs at the packed party from congratulating him. Also at the bash, held in a tent at the Beverly Hilton, was “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy. Michael Fassbender mingled with the glam crowd while puffing on a cigar (which was aptly large after George Clooney’s acceptance speech mentioned Fassbender’s endowments as an actor) and violating California's anti-smoking laws. "
New York Post

He was at both HBO and Fox’s after-party during the same night? :wondering
Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian were probably among that crowd :nogood:

Interview Alert!

Ok, so apparently Fassy will be on the Charlie Rose Show on PBS tonight (perhaps at midnight, depending on where in the country you live so it could be Wednesday at 12 a.m.).

:yahoo:

You'll have to check your individual PBS websites.

Ooh! Who's this guy? Is his show any good?

Nevermind I know him. Thanks for the tip, Gemini!

I scrolled down the BAFTA list and saw that John Maclean's Pitch Black Heist also got nommed for best short film. Double congrats to the Fassbender! Not to mention that he's been just listed this morning for Canada's Genies (I think it's our most prestigious national ceremony to celebrate Canadian cinema -- imagine an Oscar/BAFTA, only you need a canadian connection for eligibility) for his role in Cronenberg's Dangerous Method.

" Alexander Payne’s celebration after “The Descendants” won best drama at the Golden Globes on Sunday night was muted — literally. The director was at Fox’s after-party wearing pink earplugs and telling guests he was wearing them to protect his sensitive ears from people shouting over the loud music. The move didn’t dissuade the throngs at the packed party from congratulating him. Also at the bash, held in a tent at the Beverly Hilton, was “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy. Michael Fassbender mingled with the glam crowd while puffing on a cigar (which was aptly large after George Clooney’s acceptance speech mentioned Fassbender’s endowments as an actor) and violating California's anti-smoking laws. "
New York Post

They tend to hop from party to party just to show their face. Unless you are Alexander Skarsgard and you can't get into some parties. :lol:

I would hardly place a Kardashian or a Hilton in the glam crowd

ITA! Why are they still on TV?

I scrolled down the BAFTA list and saw that John Maclean's Pitch Black Heist also got nommed for best short film. Double congrats to the Fassbender! Not to mention that he's been just listed this morning for Canada's Genies (I think it's our most prestigious national ceremony to celebrate Canadian cinema -- imagine an Oscar/BAFTA, only you need a canadian connection for eligibility) for his role in Cronenberg's Dangerous Method.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Would be be great if they won.
Great about the Genie, is it for Best actor or best supporting actor?

Fassy also won a Dorian Award in the category:

THE WE’RE WILDE ABOUT YOU RISING STAR AWARD
Elizabeth Olsen
Jessica Chastain
Melissa McCarthy
Michael Fassbender

He lost out to Meryl Streep for FILM PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR

I would hardly place a Kardashian or a Hilton in the glam crowd

She's certainly not glam but she was definitely at that party (it was held at her daddy's hotel, as usual :rolleyes:) hunting for some Fassdong for dinner according to Josh Horowitz (MTV After Hours).
Hopefully he's not attracted to blond skanks or STDs :lol:

There's pictures:
Paris Hilton arriving at The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards after party held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel...

Attachments

• Paris Hilton 69th annual golden after party.jpg
    Paris Hilton 69th annual golden after party.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 396
I wonder if Steve got an invite to Globes. Granted only his leading man was nominated, but still I wonder. McQueen doesn't seem like one to schmooze at big A-list mainstream shindigs.

Jesus, it feels like something in the Shame promotion campaign kicked into Overdrive suddenly: Fassbender to appear on NPR's On Air with Terry Gross tomorrow. Terry Gross is an amazing radio personality; it's always such a pleasure listening to her podcasts, so I'm glad he's making appearances on proper sober outlets like NPR and PBS.

I'm sure if someone were to snub Voldie Fiennes this year, he could wither them to dust with his Coriolanus-posterlike stare ;).

No not Fiennes, Kate Bosworth :P Long story

Hahah! I just caught up with the nickname.

Yesteryear, I remember loving the crappy WB Young Americans (for the screen debut of Ian Somerhalder, who doesn't seem to have aged at all between then and his current vampire show) and even then, Bosworth was as forgettable as she remains today... Unlike Gosling, who'd shown signs of star wattage circa YTV's Breaker High!

New York Post

The parties were held at the same location as the event (the Beverly Hilton hotel) so the attendees could easily go from one to the next and back if they wanted to.

I, too, was "concerned" when I saw that the Kardashians and Hiltons had dropped their trash off at the after parties. I was hoping that Michael's big head was doing the thinking that night and that if not, hopefully the little head has some self-respect and just plain old fashioned good taste. Trash is trash. Don't get me started on those two skanks. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.