Travel MIAMI tips - questions - advice!

A while back I posted a request as to what hotels in
South Beach were good places to stay. We have a "girls" trip coming up and ended up making reservations at The Tides! Thanks for all of your suggestions, they were all great. Now we need to know about nightlife. What nightclub would you recommend? Keep in mind we are in our early 30s. I've read positive/negative things about all of them but wanted to know fellow pfers experience(s). Also, where's a low key place to have drinks? We made reservations at funkshion, is this a good idea? Thanks!

Fun, fun, fun! We did the same for a bachlorette party in April. Stayed at The Standard (wonderful!) and hit The Shore Club to begin the evening outdoors. We also had a good time at Sweet, but an even better time at Snatch (downstairs- but you have to go to the bathroom and take the exit stairs to get down there).

Some people rave about Prive, but I haven't been. I recommend working with your concierge at the hotel for the hook up if you are looking for the hottest club.

I love wandering up and down Lincoln Rd and having drinks at all the cool places. There are tables set outside, so you can people watch all night long.

Tabbyco - where is Sweet/Snatch? I missed going there in January. I am going down in Oct and would love to check it out!

i went to miami in march w/ 10 girls and had a BLAST! the tides is beautiful! we went there after watching "$40 a day" with rachel ray, because she went there to have their signature popsicle martinis, and we decided we needed to try them.

prive is the VIP area for opium, and personally, i liked opium better than prive, but if u get into prive, u can go into opium if u would like. i also had a lot of fun at mansion, but it plays a lot of hip hop, so if thats your thing, definitely check it out. the hotel bar at the delano is beautiful and definitely a place to go for drinks before hitting the clubs. also, nikki beach is a really fun place to check out.

we found that putting yourself on the guest list through those services that guarantee admission really doesnt work. fortunately, one of the girls' cousins lives in miami, and he put us on the guest list for every club, but we had to use his name to get in. but if ur going w/ a group of girls, getting into any club should NOT be a problem

have fun!!! hope this helps!
hope this helps!!

Miami is so much fun! When I went back in 2001, there was a Latin place on Ocean Drive called Mangos. My friends and I went there and had a blast! The music, the dancers and the enviance are great. Have fun!

Clubs- SNATCH, AMIKA, NIKKI Beach Club
After hours- SPACE is a must, must, must! Not sure if Metropolis is still happening but you can check it out. BRICKS is another gorgeous club downtown in the Brickell area.

SNATCH is on Washington Avenue & Espanola way (can't figure out how to pute the ~ on top of the n in Espanola) the club is cool there is a mechanical bull in the front of the bar/club. The waitresses are gorgeous and the crowd is lovely. Great to people watch and if your looking to get your swerve on Snatch is the place.
Lincoln Road is FAB, FAB, FAB if you girls decide to have brunch you can hit the Van Dyke which is on Lincoln Road and Jefferson you can't miss it. Food is good and people watching is the best from any table outside.
Segafreddo on Lincoln Road is also has a cool trendy crowd. Good for people watching and if you like Buddha Bar type music you will love this place. 99% of seating is outside. But, if your not into ciggie smoke this is not your place or get a table on the end. Almost EVERYONE sitting smokes.

Hello-
Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in the Miami area. I'll be working in the Kendall area and am looking for a hotel. Up to a 30 minute drive is OK. What areas near Kendall would be good to stay in? Need good shopping and restaurants. Thanks

I'm off on holiday to the United States so I would love some advice and hints and tips from my American cousins on TPF or just anyone who has been to/lives in Ny, Miami or Key West.

I have my hotels sorted but would particularly like ideas of good places to eat and where I should go sight see. Of course I have my lonely planet book but I always think local knowledge is a good thing!

I leave in about two weeks and go to NY for 4 nights. We (my BF is coming too) are staying right near Times Square. As I said recommendations for eats would be great and where should I go sightsee when there? Also I would love to know about shopping - I want to check out Century 21 as I have heard that it has great designer stuff at discount- do you NY girls think it is worth a visit? i would love to go vintage clothes shopping too - where are the best vintage shops? Sadly I won't be able to make any big bag purchases having already abused my credit card !

Then i'm off to Miami for 6 nights and Key West for 4 nights so anyone from these places please advise! I am staying in South Beach on Ocean Drive so again restaurants and things to go see would be good.

Also the weather - I assume NY will be a little chilly at the end of October but will Miami be really hot or just a bit hot? Thank you all so much in advance for you help and suggestions - I am very excited!!!! I just love to visit America!:lol:

Don't eat near Times Square ... very touristy, big chains with inflated prices....

Cheaper ethnic food along 9th Ave between 42nd and 50th, or near NYU.

Inexpensive Japanese food on St. Mark's Place near Cooper Union (I believe this is 4th Street between 1st and 2nd, right around there).

Korean town close to Macy's 34th St.

Trendy (ie pricier) places in Meatpacking.

Vintage shops near Orchard Street in Lower East Side and around 14th St.

I love Wish restaurant in Miami....it's so beautiful at night with the white lights and umbrellas, and the food is divine. They also have tasty martinis with "light up" ice cubes in 'em...I know that's gimicky, but the drinks are really good! They also have a rooftop lounge that is very nice. Should be convenient for your hotel on Ocean Drive.

I also like Jerry's Deli for casual food.....the menu is enormous...and I mean that literally....it's like 2 feet long!

Lots of good restaurants and shopping to be had on Lincoln Road. Nothing heart-stopping, but good for a nice stroll and the people watching!

I'll have to think about NYC more..there's just way too much to choose from there!

In Miami, there's some cute romantic restaurants on Espanola Way. Larios is Gloria Estefan's restaurant if you want some cuban, but it's not as good as the food found in Little Havana. I read somewhere that the Tide hotel has a unique popsicle martini that is famous. And Sushi Samba on Lincoln has great atmosphere. Sushi Rock Cafe on Collins is always consistently good.

I always have to get a sandwich or salad at this little outdoor place call La Sandwicherie, off Collins behind the gas station on 14th. Very authentic french, amazingly fresh and very yummy.