Travel MIAMI tips - questions - advice!

In NY my favorite restaurants are Angelo's in Little Italy for delicious Italian food, Baltazar for the yummiest french fries, Dallas BBQ in the village by NYU soo good delicious pina colada's & bbq very cheap..these are my favorite places to eat & I LOve to eat!!

For Cheap vintage...i shouldn't even be writing this..you have to go to Williamsburg Brooklyn, you take the L train or a cab is probabaly very cheap bc its rite over the bridge & go to Deacons Closet! ITs Insanity! I cannot even get into the amazing things I have gotten there for pennies! And there are other great, more expensive stores/cafes in the area too.. very fun. Oh there's a great restaurant there called Sea..Thai food and fun place yummy drinks!!!delicious food. Or just have bagels... they are so good there the best i have had(go to the bagel shop on/around N4th street & bedford ave) If you also go on the weekend the have people selling their stuff on the street..sometimes you find REally great stuff!

In Ket West you Have to go this place i think its called "My blue heaven".... something like that...chickens are outside and they mill around you while you eat..OMG soooo good breakfast!!! pancakes are ubelieveable!!! its on a sidestreet.. its all locals there..you might have to really ask around for the address but sooo worth it!

For NY go to Soho to "Reuel's" its a trendy spot in the city.
Also go to "Asia de Cuba"!
"Les Halles " on Park Ave and "Dos Caminos"
for sushi go to "Yama" on Irving Place

In Miami I like
Barton G
Forge steakhouse
Prime 112

Depends where in Miami. Bal Harbor is part of the 'islands' of Miami, north of South beach and Northeast of Downtown Miami.

Do you have a place in Miami you are from or will be at? It is easy to access from I-95 :yes: (exit at 125th street)

Depends where in Miami. Bal Harbor is part of the 'islands' of Miami, north of South beach and Northeast of Downtown Miami.

Do you have a place in Miami you are from or will be at? It is easy to access from I-95 :yes: (exit at 125th street)

Oh I'm not planning on going down to Miami anytime soon! This is just one of those random questions that pops into your head and you have to find out the answer quick because it is bugging you lol!

I'm going to Miami for four days with my boyfriend. I've never been to Miami, let alone Florida, so I have no idea what I should do while I'm there! I know South Beach is a must, but what else? I don't want to do TOO much shopping since my lovely boyfriend will probably complain and/or drive off and leave me at the mall, but are there any must-go-to stores while I'm there? We're also considering going to the Keys or to Disneyworld, but don't have time for both. Which one would you go to?

i live in Miami and i would rather go to Disney world. while your down here also go to Coconut Grove. Has lots of bars and stuff. SInce im a local i hate going to south beach toooo much traffic. But go both you will like it . Prepare your self its super humid down here!!!!! HMMM in orlando theres alot of Outlets so you will have plenty to shop. HMMM In miami there is a big mall with lots of stores its Dolphin mall. PM me if you need directions or anything. I hope you like it here . Have a safe trip.

^ what she said - and don't forget dadeland mall and shops at merrick park :smile: def do disney ORRRR if ur not taking kids, do islands or adventure and universal studios in orlando for more adult fun rides! don't forget to have breakfast or lunch at mimi's cafe in orlando right outside of mall at millenia which is FABULOUS!!!!!! (the mall and the restaurant)

I'm going to Miami for four days with my boyfriend. I've never been to Miami, let alone Florida, so I have no idea what I should do while I'm there! I know South Beach is a must, but what else? I don't want to do TOO much shopping since my lovely boyfriend will probably complain and/or drive off and leave me at the mall, but are there any must-go-to stores while I'm there? We're also considering going to the Keys or to Disneyworld, but don't have time for both. Which one would you go to?

I suggest you go to Key West beause even though is super hot you can go to the beach and go swimming to cool off..Orlando is soo Hot you won't want to be in a Park, in the heat walking around....and Orlando is almost a 4hr drive form South Beach...Not that the Keys is any closer..Oh, and the best shopping is Bar Harbour shops, it' the best...Have fun!!!:sweatdrop:

thanks!! but booga, i'm not 21 (just a few more months!) and i'm not sure how strict miami bars are with IDs? i've been using an expired one in NYC that says i'm 27 without any problems, but different cities have different rules...
and viviana, good point on the heat!! i didn't even think of that.
by the way, should i even bother bringing jeans??

^ what she said - and don't forget dadeland mall and shops at merrick park :smile: def do disney ORRRR if ur not taking kids, do islands or adventure and universal studios in orlando for more adult fun rides! don't forget to have breakfast or lunch at mimi's cafe in orlando right outside of mall at millenia which is FABULOUS!!!!!! (the mall and the restaurant)

we have a mimi's cafe in california, but i'm not sure if it's the same company. they give delicious bread before the meal comes out...oh! and any breakfast spots by south beach to recommend? i'm staying right on the beach for the first two nights...TIA~!