Mi Casa es Su Casa and all that but...

Oh there's absolutely no doubt my Mum will likely ruin the bag (not entirely, but she won't look after it like You or I would), but I figure it's her bag, it needs to "look" like her, if you know what I mean?

Yes, I will first have to overcome the *need* to check on her bag *before* I should go down the same route as you, GF. Otherwise, I would just die. She'd find me annoying I am sure.

I have just one birkin....one! I have to sell one just to get another!! I wouldn't even loan my garden party. These bags are like treasures to me.......they are the only things I pay real money for. Everything else I have is cheap cheap cheap in comparison. So, I guess it's a no. I'd have to be absolutely sure the person would have to be able to appreciate the bag for all its qualities(read: the price and scarcity) - a tpFer perhaps? That way, if anything ever happened to the bag, the person borrowing it might be able to comprehend how I'd feel.

LOL! I operate under the assumption that pretty much everyone I know is more careful than I am, plus they're not married to Mr.GGA, who's a bit of a firebug, so my bags and scarves are way safer if I were to leave them with my friends.

I loan out a house when I'm not there, so bags and scarves are totally no biggie from my perspective.

Of course, as always, everyone else's mileage ALWAYS varies from mine.

This is me too.

So sweet of you, GF, to get your Mom her own H bag.

Coincidentally, my friends and I were just discussing over breakfast this morning, if we would gift our family members H bags! It's not entirely conclusive, but definitely a possibility.

Then, after we parted, I received a call from my Mom. Desperate as she was, asking how she could remove the blue ball point marks on her multi-colour LV Alma bag I got her last July. :rolleyes: I think I will just die if it'd happened to a Bolide. So I don't my Mom's getting a H bag any time soon.

To answer HH's original question - I am usually not selfish, but lending my H bags to others .... sorry, it's a NO. It'll become a health hazard thinking about the bag from the moment it leaves my sight.

:crybaby::crybaby::P

This is me too.

yes me too... my DH even says.. we are bad locking doors and so... if people want to steal from us... well they really needed it...

I want all the people I care for to be happy and it is a wonderful thing to be able to do so.

IF i lent anything Hermes to anyone again...I will insist they Monogram their damage & refund it. Even if it means they monogram their puke, or raindrops....(sorry, had a few bad experiences):smile: