MFF Peytons

:yes: As a customer who owns almost every Peyton at this point and paid fp or nearly fp for this "exclusive" limited edition Bleecker St. item, ITA with this post. Exclusive limited edition...what a joke!! I'm sorry that some were not able to get it from fp, and like the others, I'm happy everyone was able to get one from the outlets, but to me this is an irrelevant point to this argument. The point is this was released as an exclusive limited edition style for FULL PRICE stores, not outlets. It never ever should be in outlets as part of a supplemented outlet floorset. As part of discontinued clearance....well, we all know that's been happening, so again, we make our choice to buy in fp or wait. I bought most in fp and didn't really complain till this happened.

Coach is so worried about its image?? To me this is the most damaging. Knockoffs are cheap and easy for Coach...and definitely cheapens the fp investment. And we buy from fp why??? Apparently nothing is exclusive with Coach. After this, it's really turned me against Coach a lot. I don't think something like this should EVER be done, especially not if they want to preserve their image and/or rise anywhere near the level of higher end brands. I don't think that will ever happen. I'm sorry to say this too because I have loved Coach for a while now, but this last Peyton thing has killed a lot of the love!

Just like momofgirls, I agree also, baglady.

This Peyton MFF deal is the lowest thing Coach has ever done. They're GREEDY!!! It's all about money, not the customer!!!

Well I can understand the sting folks feel for buying those bags full price but Coach has just gotten so mainstream now and I am afraid that the exclusivity with the brand and it's products is just not there anymore. I guess the only way to ensure you are carrying an exclusive bag anymore is to go after those really rare bags which are limited production.

Coach is immoral to produce a limited edition bag in mass at the outlet (not even boutique) and selling it at a huge discount. Does it understand the word "limited"?

^^You know, I used to think that (that we on the forum are in the minority in this regard) till I started talking to a lot of boutiques and dept stores. At least around here and the surrounding areas, they say people are pretty savvy, which is one reason why Coach was going to alter their outlet transfer policy. Apparently there have been a LOT of complaints just about the whole thing in general, but I really think it may be area specific too. I mean around here, we have access to multiple outlets, especially now that Jackson is open, and people are aware of what's in fp stores as well as outlets. It's funny, but the times I've been at Jackson, I notice that most customers seem to be more boutique bag savvy... whereas in some other farther away outlets where there are few fp or dept stores that carry fp items, I see shoppers mainly grabbing the MFF bags. It's very interesting to watch, but in general, I think we do make up a minority on the forum. Most people are not THAT bag obsessed, lol! So I think in general, Coach does have the impression that the general masses are ignorant, and outlet and boutiques are separated. Also, many people don't have access to bags at the outlet...so that either creates a bigger distaste for the whole thing, or they just buy wherever and whatever and move on. And some people simply don't care period, I guess. Hey, it has Coach on the label, so it's all good no matter what! :P

I do think area can also sometimes cause one can miss something really nice. It's a shame that some never do know about the more limited and upper end bags...at least that's the way I look at it. I guess I can even go back to an examples I saw weeks ago on Ebay. Occasionally you will see a bag came up on Ebay that many people think is fake for one reason or the other, but around here, being close to NYC and close to stores that carry these specialty items, you're more likely to recognize the bag as a rare find and real treasure. I've scored a few times this way when the item is in good condition, but then of course, I can take this really rare bag into some dept stores or even Coach stores, and half the time the SAs don't even know what it is. The same situation existed back when I was carrying a simple Legacy Thompson bag. Most of the local SAs asked what it was and said they have never seen the bag! I can understand dept stores, but boutiques, I thought WOW...I mean it was on the website, but no local store carried it since Legacy was pulled out the regular stores before that line was released. So I guess they didn't notice. As a result, I think many pieces did not sell simply because few knew about the line, and it wasn't advertised well.

So yeah, I would say that most people don't know about the MFF rereleases or probably even care to know, lol. You can look on Ebay and see the mistakes a lot of sellers make....I guess some research previously sold bags and end up calling theirs a "Bleecker St. limited edition" bag when it's really a MFF version. Have you noticed that with the Peytons? You have to be REALLY careful if you're going to buy one on ebay, since some sellers don't post clear pics of the tag or creed!

Once again Baglady you hit the nail on the proverbial head! Up here in MN there is only 1 outlet and it is about an hour from the Twin Cities. It rarely gets deletes en masse, doesn't get anything MFF that is limited, i.e. Peytons, and is 95% MFF fashion designation. Those of us who have made a point of educating ourselves, much of it through forums like TPF, are a fairly small contingent of die hard COACHIES around here. That said my lovely Aunt just called from LasVegas and had just purchased my fuschia Peyton(MFF)! Yippppeeee!

I just bought the MFF fuchsia and AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, it is identical to the FP Peyton except for the tag (no Bleecker Street Limited Edition) and the F on the creed. I had the fuchsia in FP and could never justify the cost at $798. But at $500 cheaper, I so can!
IMGP0624.jpg

^^Honestly, a friend just got me the wallet (have not seen the bag in person), and I swear the leather is a bit different than my Peyton. My Peyton is a nice burnished leather, and this does not look the same...wallet has more glaze and seems a bit redder from what I recall. However, I have not gotten my fuchsia Peyton out to carry in MONTHS, lol, so I have to get it out and compare since I may not be remembering correctly. Do you find your wallet a bit different than your bag, or is the same?? I'm going to have to dig my Peyton out tomorrow!

^^Honestly, a friend just got me the wallet (have not seen the bag in person), and I swear the leather is a bit different than my Peyton. My Peyton is a nice burnished leather, and this does not look the same...wallet has more glaze and seems a bit redder from what I recall. However, I have not gotten my fuchsia Peyton out to carry in MONTHS, lol, so I have to get it out and compare since I may not be remembering correctly. Do you find your wallet a bit different than your bag, or is the same?? I'm going to have to dig my Peyton out tomorrow!

I agree with baglady the leather is different and the mff version does seem to have a glaze/sheen to it more. I took a comparison pic for everybody to see before I take the mff version back tomorrow. I know I am not going crazy, but do they look different to everybody else?

FP vs MFF Peyton
picture.php

Is it just me or does the MFF one look smaller than the FP one?

I can see the difference between the two leathers. I have to say, I like the FP one better. I also think the FP is a better shade of fuchsia. It appears to be a little darker and richer looking.

Is it just me or does the MFF one look smaller than the FP one?

I can see the difference between the two leathers. I have to say, I like the FP one better. I also think the FP is a better shade of fuchsia. It appears to be a little darker and richer looking.

No it does look smaller. I realized this with the one I just got because I do remember trying the FP one on in the store and I remember it being so much larger than the MFF I have. Honestly it's still a huge bag but a bit of a smaller scale. I agree though with the FP one looking much richer than the MFF one.

I agree with baglady the leather is different and the mff version does seem to have a glaze/sheen to it more. I took a comparison pic for everybody to see before I take the mff version back tomorrow. I know I am not going crazy, but do they look different to everybody else?

FP vs MFF Peyton
picture.php

OMG, thank you SO much for posting side by side photos!! Nope you're not crazy at all, and I'm glad I'm not either, lol! :P I still haven't dug my Peyton out (just got up, and gotta get the caffeine first, ha, ha!), but I'm sure it's much harder to tell with a wallet. The side by side bag comp is great! It's funny, but I'm staring at my wallet, and it seems to match the color of original Peyton more than the MFF in your photo, lol, but I think that's probably my monitor. I'm not remembering the color 100% for sure. When I first looked at the wallet, I thought it looked typical of outlet leather. It's nice, but it does not have the depth and beauty that the burnished leather does. The original Peyton's leather is much like the Bleecker bags like the Felicia, for ex, which is one thing I always loved about the leather Peytons. It does scratch worse than this type of MFF leather, however, so this may be a blessing to some. That and the size. I'm used to the original size and love big bags, but the smaller MFF size may suit most people better.

Thank you again for taking the time to post!! I was almost ready to drive as many hours as I could to find a MFF version to compare IRL. :nuts: Now I wonder about the patent MFF versions!