Metallic bags - how do they wear?

Like @indiaink said, most of the new BV is bonded leather….there is a thread about a purple Loop here too where you can see how the leather has peeled off and worn badly, and a metallic would fare worse imo. The older BV metallics tho wear really well. Its the same with a lot of brands tho — Chanel, LV, etc. the quality on the newer bags is terrible compared to the older bags.

Here is the thread-

These are 2 of my older BV metallics and they are wearing really well. The Ottone (gold mini Cabat) is almost indestructible. There are a lot of older BV shoulder/crossbody metallics around, if you hunt for them…..they don’t have that modern look the newer styles do, but the quality is there. The Nodini is a great bag, the older version of the Loop, and came in some pretty metallics.

IMG_5267.jpegIMG_5266.jpeg

Here’s an old thread on Tomas Maier-era metallic bags:

Like others have said about the older BV metallics, my bronze Cervo Baseball bag has held up wonderfully as has all my other BVs. I agree with @indiaink, the quality of the newer bags, no matter who makes them, is not nearly as good as they were in the "olden days". Prices continue on their insane rise while the quality goes the other way.