Men's LV Club

A truth with modifications. The old style GG Canvas bags had quite bad quality with thin canvas and simple interior. The new bags are complete different story. I visited my local Gucci store couple of days ago just to look around. I saw the new Black/beige GG canvas line, and noticed that it has a huge quality upgrade. More quality materials. Suede-like microfibre interior, better strap etc. As far as I could see, the quality and finish seems just as good as the LV canvas bags. I just don't understand how you can say that these bags has less quality, if you don't own one.
I know you'r not a Gucci fan, but you can't deny that Gucci was first with the printed canvas (Caleido, flowers, bees and butterfly) . Now, others will follow.
Louis Vuitton has done printed canvas as far back as the 1990s with the LV cup series (flags), then with the Stephen Sprouse Graffiti line in 2002, etc... Gucci came very late to that game.
Also, I own a lot of Gucci products (mostly shoes---they are the best!!!---and accessories today) and I have owned many bags over the years. The quality is just not the same. Now, maybe there has been an upgrade recently, but I bought shoes just a few weeks ago and I checked out the bags: they just did not live up to LV bags in my opinion. As I said before, I think some of the newer styles are quite attractive, but my budget not being forever expandable, I prefer to invest in LV pieces, which I know I will use for a decade or more.

Alright chaps.
I am in the market for a Pochette. Its between these two. Which one would you chose and why not the other?
Both are the same size H & L except for W of course the eclipse is wider.

Attachments

• *POCHETTE JOUR PM_N61231.jpg
    *POCHETTE JOUR PM_N61231.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 400
  • louis-vuitton-pochette-voyage-mm-monogram-eclipse-travel--M61692_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-pochette-voyage-mm-monogram-eclipse-travel--M61692_PM2_Front view.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 427
Alright chaps.
I am in the market for a Pochette. Its between these two. Which one would you chose and why not the other?
Both are the same size H & L except for W of course the eclipse is wider.

While I don't have the Nemeth pochette, I do have the one in the blue monogram (red stripes).

I believe they are similarly made in that they are flat envelope style pouches. They would be great for your documents, papers or a magazine, but adding anything three dimensional distorts the shape. This make me a little crazy. I have used it with things that aren't flat and have had trouble getting the canvas flat again.

The eclipse is shaped like the toiletry pouch. It has a triangular shape and the inside is fabric lined. I find this much more usable (for me).

I used the Eclipse today. It held an iPad mini, my iPhone 6 plus, my glasses, reading glasses, keys and some miscellaneous stuff.

The Eclipse also has slots for cards, ID.s etc. The Nemeth is a flat pouch with no interior organization.

I find the Eclipse much more versatile and useable...but then I rarely have to carry documents and such.

Is this bag structured? If you set it down does it lose it's shape or no? I am selling my Christopher backpack because the "slouchy" quality of it drives me crazy.
It will sag slightly as the canvas is soft but the overall shape remains. The MM size I have is very large and can hold everything I would need to carry on an airplane

It will sag slightly as the canvas is soft but the overall shape remains. The MM size I have is very large and can hold everything I would need to carry on an airplane

It looks enormous. I usually go for GM in messengers but this has me thinking about the PM. Last question...is the bottom canvas or leather? Thanks for the info.