Menlo Park Mall, Edison, NJ, has MAGGIE and POPPY pilots!!!

92546 studded peace sign charm $48 (.28 by 2.28 sv/mc)
attachment.php

92549 jeweled leather flower charm $38 (2.2 x 2.2 sv/mc)
attachment.php

92533 pegasus multi mix keyfob $58 (I'm only geussing here, hard to see if it's even a fob hanging down, but it looks like it might be, but not sure if it's part of the bag...)
attachment.php

92542 leather pegasus charm $38 (3.39 x3.39 sv/mc (pieced leather)
attachment.php

92541 poppy heart pic frame charm $30
attachment.php

Added pictures where I could see them in the Nit* site.

Attachments

• cascade.jpg
    cascade.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 231
  • jewlflwr.jpg
    jewlflwr.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 220
  • peace.jpg
    peace.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 223
  • pegasus.jpg
    pegasus.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 229
  • picheart.jpg
    picheart.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 222
Forgot to answer the question about the pilots... Woodbridge got the Madison shoulder bag pilots, and I don't recall Menlo getting much. A PA store told me about the pilots, so I called Menlo last week to confirm.

Actually, Menlo is ALMOST my least fav store overall (other than Princeton, which doesn't even rank to me at all, lol). They are very, very nice there, but I don't always have the best experience there in terms of knowledgeable people. They also don't have the best selection. This is why I typically shop in PA.

Also yes, I understand and appreciate your points about Freehold too, but at least it's a fashion store, whereas Menlo is not, so I prefer to shop there as long as I can buy from one of them in particular (I definitely don't like one of the SAs there AT ALL!). Freehold is also the most clueless store other than Woodbridge, but my fav person is at Woodbridge. So you can see how I'm torn as far as NJ stores go, lol!

Actually, as far as Menlo goes, I did buy my Abbey from there a long time ago, but again it almost didn't happen because the store was pretty clueless. Some of their SAs moved to Short Hills recently I noticed, including one of the girls that I liked to work with the most. LOL, sorry, I think I'm just a PA person in general, but I hit these NJ stores all the the time because it's more convenient for me since I live here. I go to Edison a lot. Typically, though, if I'm going to buy in NJ, I usually buy at Woodbridge because I like the manager there. If she's not working, then I buy from one of the others. Since they did shuffle around some of the SAs, Menlo has definitely gotten better, and I do like to buy from Courtney. She's very nice and not pushy, which I like!
Hey she was my fav too but she is now in Short Hill, I honest dont like Menlo or Woodbridge totally clueless.

Menlo seems to get a lot of previews of new bags before anyone else...I remember other times my friends have gotten things. Garden State seems to get a lot of the goodies early on too, but I like that store.

I hate Menlo, they sent me a damaged wallet, thrown in the box (not a coach box, just the cardboard box), not even wrapped in tissue paper. I returned it to Cherry Hill fuming.

And I agree with whoever was mocking the Princeton Coach...that thing is a closet. I may have more Coach in my real closet than they do in that tiny store LOL.

Hey she was my fav too but she is now in Short Hill, I honest dont like Menlo or Woodbridge totally clueless.

Lauren's at Short Hills?? I just saw her the other week, but that said, I didn't realize so many went to Short Hills till recently. Actually I don't care that much for SH either...I strongly prefer KOP! They are more clueless at SH.

You're right...totally clueless at both of them. Freehold is also the same way. I won't even tell you what I think of one of the managers at Princeton, lol! I won't shop there at all anymore! I wonder about other NJ stores, though, like Garden Plaza....some stores I have never been to in the state (they have so many!).

Menlo seems to get a lot of previews of new bags before anyone else...I remember other times my friends have gotten things. Garden State seems to get a lot of the goodies early on too, but I like that store.

I hate Menlo, they sent me a damaged wallet, thrown in the box (not a coach box, just the cardboard box), not even wrapped in tissue paper. I returned it to Cherry Hill fuming.

And I agree with whoever was mocking the Princeton Coach...that thing is a closet. I may have more Coach in my real closet than they do in that tiny store LOL.

Really?? Are you talking about previews or pilots?? I've hardly ever seen early previews at any NJ store other than SH. I have never been to Garden State, but I know they got the Legacy pilots last year. As far as previewing bags go, Menlo may let you preview bags from the back, but as of late when I ask, they don't have their shipments till right before the floorset. The gallery stores will call you when they get anything in early, and then they will order it for you. I have the best luck with KOP on that score, but really, most of the time it just depends on how good the SA is. Sometimes they insist on putting you in the system everywhere you go for an item, so I admit I occasionally do that to see who will call first. All of the NJ stores lag behind the normal SA I use (which is not in NJ or PA), and also lag behind KOP,... so that's why they have lost out on sales. I have had SH and Menlo call me a lot, but they are just usually late. Woodbridge is TERRIBLE about not calling. Enough said on that! I'm sure it depends on who is working at the time when the list prints out, but this is something I have noticed overall... and it's to my benefit to be loyal to those that are to me. If they deserve a sale, then I definitely want them to have it. Usually one person sticks out at each store, and that's who I try to buy from. I even have my fav at Freehold, but it's only because she's such a sweetie, and I love her personality! Otherwise, I have not had good luck with that store either..calling or otherwise. But they are a fashion store, and they get more than Menlo or Woodbridge. There are some items that are only fashion/flagship items. Otherwise, I think that stores seems much smaller than Menlo to me.

My beef with Princeton is more related to the snobbiness and attitude of the SAs there. And if you return a purchase from a phone order through another store, or from another store period, they call the manager at the store your order originated from and complain. That happened to me last time, which started with them asking me over and over why I bought from where I did (which was none of their business IMO). I explained I lived there locally and thus wanted to return there since my bag was shipped from JAX, AND I even bought several items from Princeton so it wasn't just a return. TBH, I only bought the wallet and other items because I felt bad and like I had to (NOT a small tiny purchase either). So the *****y one still complained. Be for sure I will NEVER buy anything from that store again! And if I return, I won't purchase anything to make up for it either!

Last edited:
Send me a PM when you order if u don't mind, I'm going to pull the trigger on some of these fairly early too. :smile::smile:

Sure, I will PM. I may be able to get pics of the others. I do have some charm pics, but I guess some of them don't show up in Tools yet..or so was the case. That list is now at least several weeks old, so I have to check again.

Can you post pics of your zip around wallet? I love the zip arounds and have been wanting a new one for a while now.

Congrats on getting to see all the new goodies and for posting info ladies!!!! :yahoo:

I have the large zip around, smaller zip, and spotlight bag. I will try to get around to posting, but it may not be today because I have limited time on the forum now. I'm about to head out and do other things at the moment. It's a bit skimpier than the normal wallets, but is also only $168 compared to the usual $238+. I'm not doing reveal/purchase threads anymore, so I'll add the photos to this thread as soon as I get the chance.

Really?? Are you talking about previews or pilots?? I've hardly ever seen early previews at any NJ store other than SH. I have never been to Garden State, but I know they got the Legacy pilots last year. As far as previewing bags go, Menlo may let you preview bags from the back, but as of late when I ask, they don't have their shipments till right before the floorset. The gallery stores will call you when they get anything in early, and then they will order it for you. I have the best luck with KOP on that score, but really, most of the time it just depends on how good the SA is. Sometimes they insist on putting you in the system everywhere you go for an item, so I admit I occasionally do that to see who will call first. All of the NJ stores lag behind the normal SA I use (which is not in NJ or PA), and also lag behind KOP,... so that's why they have lost out on sales. I have had SH and Menlo call me a lot, but they are just usually late. Woodbridge is TERRIBLE about not calling. Enough said on that! I'm sure it depends on who is working at the time when the list prints out, but this is something I have noticed overall... and it's to my benefit to be loyal to those that are to me. If they deserve a sale, then I definitely want them to have it. Usually one person sticks out at each store, and that's who I try to buy from. I even have my fav at Freehold, but it's only because she's such a sweetie, and I love her personality! Otherwise, I have not had good luck with that store either..calling or otherwise. But they are a fashion store, and they get more than Menlo or Woodbridge. There are some items that are only fashion/flagship items. Otherwise, I think that stores seems much smaller than Menlo to me.

My beef with Princeton is more related to the snobbiness and attitude of the SAs there. And if you return a purchase from a phone order through another store, or from another store period, they call the manager at the store your order originated from and complain. That happened to me last time, which started with them asking me over and over why I bought from where I did (which was none of their business IMO). I explained I lived there locally and thus wanted to return there since my bag was shipped from JAX, AND I even bought several items from Princeton so it wasn't just a return. TBH, I only bought the wallet and other items because I felt bad and like I had to (NOT a small tiny purchase either). So the *****y one still complained. Be for sure I will NEVER buy anything from that store again! And if I return, I won't purchase anything to make up for it either!

I am not sure if it's consider a preview or a pilot...but I moved out of North Jersey 3 years ago to South Jersey...and I have friends that shop in GSP and Menlo...and there have been multiple times they would get or see a color or a style in their store...that my stores (Marlton and Cherry Hill) didn't have yet. And when I asked down here, they would say "Oh that's not out yet" almost like I was the crazy one. So who knows. Maybe they don't get anything special, maybe my stores just suck so much that it seems that they get it all!! LOL. I haven't been to Menlo since God knows when myself, but I have been to GSP a few times since moving and saw stuff my store didn't have yet.

^^ IDK...I never really shopped at a boutique till 2007, I think, and the Abbey in my avatar was my first real boutique purchase. I survived prior to that when I was buying Coach (wasn't always a fan) by shopping ebay, dept store sales, and outlets. They have gone through various and confusing restructuring over the last several years. It's annoyed me in a lot of ways. At one time I could walk into a boutique and find some Legacy pieces, for ex, and then subsequently they changed it to "Legacy store" designations. It got to the point of me seeing the XL Lily at stores like Woodbrige to where I couldn't find any of the pieces I was looking for in the local stores other than Princeton... who finally became a test store and carried a few items. That's really when I started shopping KOP exclusively (back when it was just a flagship, mens, shoe store...before the gallery store conversion)...they had all the items, and it was there I met my fav SA. I followed her later to another small core store before she quit, but I still previewed almost everything at KOP or SH. Then I started going to SH for a while, which was converted to a gallery store around the time of the Bleecker pilots. Anyway, basically Coach dropped the Legacy designation, and I was told at the time (which was around last year's Orlando conference) that all stores will carry a little of everything. I was also told that pilots existed for a long time, at least KOP used to get a lot of mens wallets and things that were apparently pilots or items that nobody else got. I thought after they dropped the Legacy designation it would be better, but it's still structured according to primary, fashion, pinnacle, and flagship, so some stores get select items. So even now I can't walk into Menlo or Woodbridge and find some items I'm looking for, but Freehold has a few...like the Peytons, etc. I realized I'm extremely lucky to live in this area because SH and KOP gallery stores are an hour away from me, and then of course NYC is not bad if I just make the trip! Otherwise, I just don't know how people see stuff in some areas! When I was in TN, which is where I'm from(moved to NJ in '92), there's only one boutique in Nashville. It looks like a fashion store, but still...just one boutique in a huge area! When I was there they had the Parker pilots out. Otherwise, I had seen everything in that store (minus the pilots, of course) plus way more here.

I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, or if the SAs were misinformed and just thought because they had never seen the item that it wasn't available..but just that they didn't see it because their store is a primary store that didn't get the item. I still have that problem when I walk in some stores with bags I've ordered that are not released at all...or Bleecker St. bags that come from the gallery stores. They all want to know where I got the bags, lol! Also, JAX is frequently a source of misinformation, as a lot of times they will tell you the item is "sold out" when it's not even been released, but it's showing zero inventory because the lot hasn't been uploaded into inventory yet (maybe it hasn't arrived or gone through QC yet). It's sometimes hard to filter out the misinformation.

IDK, though, your point is interesting because I was talking to an Ebay seller from south Jersey one time, and she worked at Macys. Apparently her Macys also got stuff well before release...and items I never saw here in dept stores or at the boutiques either. I'm assuming pilots, but one of the bags mentioned was the HS line, and I didn't think there were pilots for those. They also did not have them here in boutiques, nor where they available to order at that time. So unless she was mistaken on the line (I didn't see the bags), then I guess her store did get an early preview that wasn't a pilot and wasn't available for order.

Last edited:
^^I live in a rural area and have to travel an hour and a half just to get to the nearest Coach boutique. It has a lot to offer but, there is a lot you will not see as well. When I was at the Nashville store two weeks ago, they had a lot of the Parkers and Peytons. I fell in love with the new Pearlized Green Peyton. The store closest to me, they never had the Peytons when they first came out so I really don't think they have the newer ones. I see things at a Dillards two hours away, which has a very good Coach section, that I never have seen at the Coach boutique closest to me. If it was not for this forum and watching the website, there would be plenty of bags I would miss out on simply because I just didn't know about them. I don't understand why Coach doesn't at least put all the merchandise on the website, even if you have to call the Bleecker Street Boutique to order. That way, you will at least know what's available and it may just increase their sales instead of them having to send it to the outlets at a discounted price.:biggrin:

I know it's very frustrating how each store is so different. There a just a TON of stores to pick from in Philly-NJ-NYC area, and I feel like no two are the same.

The Cherry Hill store pretty much frustrates me, I have bought there many times and there is one SA who is SOOOO nice to me everytime, but other than her the rest ignore me or are clueless. One once told me I knew more about the colors than she did. The Marlton store is a non-mall store, in a promenade and they are always so much nice for some reason, but it's definately not the biggest. I have had SAs tell me that a big didn't exist that I actually had the # for and that the Japan site didn't exist!

It's funny that you mention the Heritage Stripe stuff, b/c that was one of the bags a friend of mine from Bergen County got before anyone else. I can't remember for the life of me if she got it in a Coach store or department store...but I remember it was a whole month at least before people on this site starting getting them or before I saw them in my own store. (this was the first time around, the coated canvas with the cloth handles)

Maybe one day the stores will get it together. I lived in the Caldwells for a few years and used to love SH:heart: I miss it. I guess I could go to KOP now, but half the time I am too lazy to treck there when there are stores closer LOL.