Men & Birkins

Thanks for posting the picture - it looks amazing! I love how it's well-loved and worn-in. So much character. I work in fashion in NY, so I can get away with a lot. I may just have to start saving...(you're such bad influences!)

Ryan

Shoes.....LOL. Mine won't each quiche either! I've given up....

Baggaholic.....clip away! The pic comes from a beautiful book I've had for awhile that I look at every so often and DROOL...

Ryan.....Save, save, save. I think it's a sexy, sophisticated, chic look for a man in the fashion industry. If I were a guy, I'd do it!

Greentea said:
I don't mind the Kelly Briefcases or very large travel Birkins on men at all.

Do you mean the current Kelly with the 2 zippers on front and what looks like a canvas strap? I think men would look fab carrying those too. I don't know the formal name but can try to find a pic ... I think a 40 or 45cm would look nice!

As for birkins, I'd prefer to see a guy carry it in black or browns.... or white!

rainrowan said:
Do you mean the current Kelly with the 2 zippers on front and what looks like a canvas strap? I think men would look fab carrying those too. I don't know the formal name but can try to find a pic ... I think a 40 or 45cm would look nice!

As for birkins, I'd prefer to see a guy carry it in black or browns.... or white!
Oh that's the kelly lakis.

I think it's high time hermes create a specially made birkin with a sling for men. Then, they can wear it across their chests. Looks good with t-shirts & sneakers. Maybe, the face of the ad will be Brad Pitt. Oooo...sexy!!!:heart:

Ditto on the sling, especially long enough for messenger style.

I almost forgot... the HAC - Haut a Courroies - is a perfectly acceptable option for men too.

What a wonderful idea Rochasgirl! :flowers: I am going to submit your idea to the NYC manager and tell him it's from you -- I'll just say "It was suggested by Rochasgirl on the PF" :lol:

About men and birkins: I think 40 cm or up because anything under wouldn't work in terms of proportions. Otherwise, the kelly lakis or briefcase since it is more structured and has a stronger masculine feel to it.