Medium Veneta Color Choice & Reveal

jroger1

Jan 13, 2010
So I could not decide which color I wanted, I ordered both Rust and Tourmaline knowing I would have to make a decision and keep the one I loved the most and return the one I loved less. This proved to be difficult, because I loved them both I guess because they are so different and both beautiful!

Attachments

• BV_T_R_1.jpg
    BV_T_R_1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,065
  • BV_T_R_2.jpg
    BV_T_R_2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 957
  • BV_T_R_3.jpg
    BV_T_R_3.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 953
  • BV_T_R_close1.jpg
    BV_T_R_close1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 943
  • BV_T_R_close2.jpg
    BV_T_R_close2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 897
While I really did love the rust and the way the woven detail showed off the color it was not versatile enough for me.

I ended up choosing the gorgeous tourmaline color, I compared it to my China cervo tote it is a deeper, darker navy and more wearable/neutral.

I was going to wear it on Thanksgiving with this blouse but could not quite clip the tag just yet. Now I know why, the bag went on a bit more of a sale on Black Friday and because it had been more than 10 days I had to return & reorder to get the sale price. Maybe I'm the only one that would do that for $160 but that is just me.

I love this bag!

Attachments

• BV_T_China1.jpg
    BV_T_China1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 924
  • BV_T_China2.jpg
    BV_T_China2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 935
  • BV_T_shirt.jpg
    BV_T_shirt.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,846
  • BV_Tourmaline.jpg
    BV_Tourmaline.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 951
Congratulations! Great color choice, and I love how the colors in the blouse really pull the blue out of the Tourmaline ...

And hey! Congrats on getting it at a better price, too! I'm all about saving money, so I'm right there with you!!!

attachment.php

Yay! it's such a lovely bag and color. I have a large tourmaline veneta and I cannot switch bags. Just seems to go with everything. I think you'll get loads of use out of it. (funnily enough, my other veneta is a large tea and folks have said it's similar to rust. Its also a grest neutral and could be year round but I am calling it my summer )

As for $160, that's a significant amount in my book (16 Mai Tais in Maui) so I would have done the same thing!

BTW, the photos next to china make the color look almost brown!

Oooh! This was a hard decision to make! I don't own one red or rust bag in my wardrobe but looking at that color, it tempts me. Being the conservatively "safe" one that I am, I probably would have chosen the same between the two. Most of my wardrobe is black with the tops being vibrant colors or the brown family so I've never had a need for a bag in the reds family but have always admired them from afar.

As far as savings, I respect you! Hope you enjoy your new purchase! It looks beautiful!

While I really did love the rust and the way the woven detail showed off the color it was not versatile enough for me.

I ended up choosing the gorgeous tourmaline color, I compared it to my China cervo tote it is a deeper, darker navy and more wearable/neutral.

I was going to wear it on Thanksgiving with this blouse but could not quite clip the tag just yet. Now I know why, the bag went on a bit more of a sale on Black Friday and because it had been more than 10 days I had to return & reorder to get the sale price. Maybe I'm the only one that would do that for $160 but that is just me.

I love this bag!

Beautiful color. I'm happy to find your post because I just ordered this bag in Tourmaline and wasn't quite sure what color of blue to expect. Are you still loving it? In the picture with flash it almost looks to have a bit of dark purple in it? In the sun light does it look blue or do you have to get up really close to tell it's not black?

Beautiful color. I'm happy to find your post because I just ordered this bag in Tourmaline and wasn't quite sure what color of blue to expect. Are you still loving it? In the picture with flash it almost looks to have a bit of dark purple in it? In the sun light does it look blue or do you have to get up really close to tell it's not black?

I actually decided to return it because of the size, not because of the color. I just could not make the medium veneta work for me. I love the large veneta, I wouldn't rule out a maxi in the future. The color is definitely dark blue, and you cannot mistake it for black unless you are in the dark IMO. To me, it just looks true blue, but it may indeed have purple undertones I'm just not that much of a color expert. Sorry I probably was no help. You will love it I'm sure.

is lent over???
glad to see you back
missed you :hugs:

Yay! it's such a lovely bag and color. I have a large tourmaline veneta and I cannot switch bags. Just seems to go with everything. I think you'll get loads of use out of it. (funnily enough, my other veneta is a large tea and folks have said it's similar to rust. Its also a grest neutral and could be year round but I am calling it my summer )

As for $160, that's a significant amount in my book (16 Mai Tais in Maui) so I would have done the same thing!

BTW, the photos next to china make the color look almost brown!