Medium classic flap questions/discussion! How often do you use yours? Anyone able to wear it crossbody?

I never wear mine. I think I used it a handful of times and I purchased it back in 2018 or 2019. I can’t seem to part with it, because it is too expensive to buy again. It sits in my closet. I use my mini square or Chanel seasonal bags more.
The same with me; I hardly wear mine but instead carry my minis and the seasonal bag more. I force myself to wear it at least once or twice a year even if it is to the grocery store. Lol.

Interesting thread. I do think it’s a shame not to use these beautiful bags.

I don’t have a medium classic flap, but I do have a small classic that I wear a lot, both casually and for nights out. I don’t mind the short crossbody look, in fact that’s sort of my favorite style (I’ve had other bag straps shortened to be worn higher) so it works for me.

This bag was/is my holy grail, and it’s my only Chanel bag (for now) so I definitely appreciate it and have made a conscious effort to use it and enjoy it. That probably plays into me reaching for it time and time again, sort of extending the joy and gratefulness I feel to finally own it!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_9739.jpeg
    IMG_9739.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 256
Another one who never use it! I got the medium cf in gold hw in 2017 at the rue cambon store after wanting it for years. I used to wear it even just to the grocery store but now with 3 young kids it’s just not practical for my lifestyle right now. I also feel self conscious knowing how much the bag costS now. But I’ll never sell it cos when the kids are grown I know I’ll enjoy wearing it again.

I bought my medium classic flap, black lamb skin with GHW, back in 2016 as a 60th birthday present to myself. I’ve hardly used it since then and I’m thinking of passing it on to my niece. I sometimes think I should have bought the small rather than the medium size.

Reactions: Cali2HI
I have a silver reissue flap and a beige classic flap. I wear the reissue very frequently. The beige flap is more for nicer places, day time or summer events. It fits enough of my essentials, the only reason I don’t use it much is because it’s lambskin and light color.

The chanel classic flap was my holy grain for years and years and after getting one I can say that it's my holy grail in terms of looks but not functionality.
Rarely do bags hold less than they look, but unfortunately the classic flap falls into this category. The rigidness of the bag, the double flap all contribute to this.
It's quite heavy, and my shoulder gets sore after a bit.
I'm quite wary of bringing it out since it's basically 10k strapped to my shoulder lol.

That being said, I still adore the look of it and imo it's the most gorgeous bag in the world. So I still love it and am happy to have it. Also it looks good with every outfit I have. It depends on personal style. But don't feel like you NEED to own it just because a few magazines said it's a classic.
Do you have the small or medium? I just bought my very first classic flap in caviar with silver hardware… I bought the small (I’m 5’4” petite/curvy) but I feel like I should have gone with the medium…. I keep going back and forth. For the price difference I feel like it just makes more sense to buy the medium..even though I do tend to like smaller bags

My first chanel was a medium classic flap in black caviar. I bought it in 2016 (shocking how much the price has increased since then) and have probably carried it less than 10 times. It's fiddly to get in and out of with the double flaps and it doesn't hold much. I prefer my mini flaps and even my cosmetic case.

I have a medium quilted classic flap in black lambskin and yellow gold-colored hardware. I don’t wear it as often as I expected while purchasing.
This should’ve been obvious to me back then: The bag looks incredible with Chanel clothes… but I don’t wear Chanel-style clothes at all. Therefore some of my other bags get much more use because they blend in with the clothes.
The other issue is, bags that I can lean against or squish (even just slightly) are much easier to use. When I carry this bag around, I’m constantly subconsciously making sure it doesn’t get squished because I don’t think it would bounce back.

It fits some people crossbody if they don’t mind it sitting up high. I alternate among crossbody, shoulder with two straps, and shoulder with one strap. No one position is comfortable for long so there is a rotational process throughout the time I am out of the house.

Despite its awkwardness, it is one of the most beautiful bags. I hang it in my bedroom and silently say hello every day. 🤣

I bought my medium classic flap, black lamb skin with GHW, back in 2016 as a 60th birthday present to myself. I’ve hardly used it since then and I’m thinking of passing it on to my niece. I sometimes think I should have bought the small rather than the medium size.
I had the small at first but exchanged it for the medium. So I didn’t even get past the point of owning it for a few weeks. I felt like the medium was the true classic.

I have a medium quilted classic flap in black lambskin and yellow gold-colored hardware. I don’t wear it as often as I expected while purchasing.
This should’ve been obvious to me back then: The bag looks incredible with Chanel clothes… but I don’t wear Chanel-style clothes at all. Therefore some of my other bags get much more use because they blend in with the clothes.
The other issue is, bags that I can lean against or squish (even just slightly) are much easier to use. When I carry this bag around, I’m constantly subconsciously making sure it doesn’t get squished because I don’t think it would bounce back.

It fits some people crossbody if they don’t mind it sitting up high. I alternate among crossbody, shoulder with two straps, and shoulder with one strap. No one position is comfortable for long so there is a rotational process throughout the time I am out of the house.

Despite its awkwardness, it is one of the most beautiful bags. I hang it in my bedroom and silently say hello every day. 🤣
Welcome. I hope you can find ways to wear this gorgeous bag. I think it actually looks fabulous with a tee shirt and jeans. (I think it’s over the top with Chanel RTW lol. Having said that I wear my mini a lot more

I bought my medium lambskin with silver hardware in 2005 or 2006, can't remember and I have used it 10 times at the most, I hate how fiddly it is to get into and that doesn't hold much. It actually looks brand new. The only reason I keep it because if I sold and then have regrets I wouldn't buy a new due to the ridiculous price and quality issues. I love looking at it and fondling the incredible soft leather but hate wearing it.

Reactions: pinkorchid20