meanie E-bay seller...

Why cant you just take the bag back your bf got for you since you've already won one on ebay and exchange it for a different one?. That way you get 2 bags out of the deal.

If the seller doesn't have that 7-day returning rules, it would hard to make a return. This is a buyer remorse which sellers really don't like. You could ask the seller if you could pay her portion of the restocking fee. If seller still doesn't want to accept the return, since the seller has 7-day return policy, you can return it without an explanation. Since the seller is not willing to follow her own rules, if I were you, I would send it back with signature delivery required and file a PayPal dispute. Clearly indicate on your comments that the seller is offering 7-day money back policy, now you are returning it within 7 dayds and would like to have a refund. I am pretty sure PayPal will side you since the seller made the return rules, not you. If the seller received the return but not issuing you a refund, you could contact your CC for a chargeback by providing them the signature delviery copy.

Good luck!

I'm sorry. I wouldn't accept a return either for somebody changing their mind. There are fees and time involved.

Congrats on your new bags. Maybe you could sell the one you just bought?

ITA. I don't think the seller is being mean at all--I think she is being completely reasonable. The all caps email was probably unnecessary, but I'd pass that off as a bad day. Read the posts in this forum for awhile; I think you'll start to get a flavor for why your return request puts the seller in a pretty tough spot.

I recently bought something on Ebay and the seller sent all her emails in all caps (and they were nice emails). So it's also possible that she wasn't yelling at you, that she's one of those people who doesn't like to turn the caps lock off. Kwim?

Well it was worth asking if she would take a return. really I think if she has a return policy with no conditions I think she should honour that. However, if she said no, its not worth pursuing. I would try to resell, with any luck you will sell it for a higher price. I would keep the gift from your boyfriend, it has a sentimental value and for this reason is worth more to you

OP can you post the item number or copy down what her return policy was that was stated in the auction? That would help out from all of us commenting somewhat blindly.

I'm sorry. I wouldn't accept a return either for somebody changing their mind. There are fees and time involved.

Congrats on your new bags. Maybe you could sell the one you just bought?

I totally agree. Your situation is not her problem. You should try to sell it on eBay.

I'm sorry, but I'm with the seller on this one.

Please tell me if I am in the wrong.

I bought a failry new signature stripe tote in punch. Received it late yesterday and left positive feedback.

Well, today BF surprised me with the new 2008 signature stripe tote in pink for an anniversery gift. It is not my favorite, but he NEVER buys me anything but wistlets ( he does not get my habit). He said he knew I had been bidding on a bag ( the peony tote) and did not win so he got this for me. ( When I lost the peony auction, I bought the regular sig. stripe with a BIN) .

I contacted the seller and explained what happened ( she has a 7day return policy) and she said she could not take it back since I already left feedback. ( She even typed in all cops= yelling!):confused1:

I absolutely cannot return what BF bought me- he will never buy for me again. I don't even want to risk returning it and looking ungratefull.

I think she should accept it back under her 7 day policy. What would you do? I am sure I can list and sell it easily on ebay, but that is not the point. I sent her a reply email saying that I was really disappointed and this was not good ebay practice.

Thoughts???

Thanks.

Julie

Strictly speaking, she should honor her 7-day return policy, because it sounds like you're within the window period. Unless of course she has some clause somewhere in her agreement with you barring BRE (Buyer's Remorse) returns. That being said, it sounds like trying to return it through eBay return channels would be a PITA as far as she's concerned. Why not sell it, and keep the one your BF bought? Sounds like the eBay one would remind you of a bad shopping experience.

I don't think you should expect the seller to be more understanding than your boyfriend? Sorry, but the poster who thinks Ebay is like a department store is why I don't like to sell on Ebay. Unless your seller specified a no questions asked 7 day return policy, it looks like you need to try and sell it yourself. I think it was very sweet of your boyfriend to buy you the bag. I just don't think it makes it an unsuspecting seller's problem. She's invested time and money into selling the bag. I think you should keep it or sell it yourself now. Once you've sold on Ebay maybe you'll be more understanding of sellers and feel less hurt. It's not personal, it's just not fair to make your problem someone else's.

Exactly.

I'd double check the seller's return policy. It is possible that she will accept returns within 7 days only if the item was misrepresented in the listing, or if it was defective. If that is not the case, I'd just resell it. The seller did nothing wrong. Besides, you may wind up getting more money for it than you paid. That would be a plus! Good luck.

I think the point here is regardless of the sellers return policy, you accepted the bag, were happy with the bag and completed the sale by leaving feedback.

there for the sale is over and the return policy doesnt apply.

I think the point here is regardless of the sellers return policy, you accepted the bag, were happy with the bag and completed the sale by leaving feedback.

there for the sale is over and the return policy doesnt apply.

Unless it's a 7 day open return policy in which case as long as she was within 7 days the seller should take it back. More than likely it's a 7 day not-as-represented deal but unless the OP posts an auction # or link, all we are doing is guessing...