Massaccesi Handbags

What would be your HG bag? Can you describe the features? I love analyzing handbags since I need to think long and hard before purchasing any..

Fun question! One would be a Selene between the size of the midi and full size, with less bling-y straps, and with a back zip pocket.

Another one would be a redesigned Demetra with a larger strap drop, flat and thinner straps, with both front and back exterior pockets seamed down the middle so they're split into 2 pockets on each side.

A third would be a bucket bag, larger than Diva, no drawstring. Kind of feedbag style. I have a Shinola Relaxed Hobo and would love to see MM make this shape. It's basically a deep hobo. I'd even love a larger Diva.

Reactions: anitalilac
I use mine for lipstick, lip gloss, small things like that. I have 3 and love them. I've used the teal one the most. [emoji4]

I use mine for things like jewelry and other smalls when I travel - one for jewelry, one for smalls I need to be quickly accessible like earbuds and mints. Both of mine are brightly colored, which is awesome for finding them in my bags. I highly recommend nappa for this style. It's wearing well.

So...the weekend special is awesome! Is anyone ordering? I'm on the fence. I've been so good and have sold bags that don't work for me so I may be ready for one...but what? That apple green lining speaks to me. I so want to copy the lovely navy pebbled bags with apple green lining several of you have done. I tend to get lots of use out of navy.

I want a dark grey full size Selene with silver hardware to use as a work tote (including carrying a laptop in a sleeve). I can't decide between dark grey merinos, pebbled, or nappa. I like the smoothness of nappa, but I want this bag to be a real hauler, so think something more durable would be wiser. I also want it to be not too too heavy, though pebbled is acceptable. Which grey would you go for? I love a beautiful deep charcoal color.

Great question...I think the dark gray pebbled could work and it's durable as heck. But the bag won't be lightweight. Merinos would be awesome and durable but floppy. Have you gotten all the gray swatches? If not, I recommend. Colette could send you all the grays to compare.

Reactions: musicmom
So...the weekend special is awesome! Is anyone ordering? I'm on the fence. I've been so good and have sold bags that don't work for me so I may be ready for one...but what? That apple green lining speaks to me. I so want to copy the lovely navy pebbled bags with apple green lining several of you have done. I tend to get lots of use out of navy.
I was also planning to wait, but it is a good deal depending on the customizations people do. What does everyone usually get (other than lining)? I've been thinking about a new soulmate midi or Penelope Messenger but unsure what interior customizations I would do.

Reactions: LuvAllBags
Oh oh oh! Thank you for the heads up. I really love the custom linings. And now I have much to think about for the weekend.

Massaccesi Maidens, I need your help! I have been dreaming of a Zhoe in iced taupe. But which lining color would work best with that?
Don't forget to ask Colette to send you a photo of your chosen combo(s) before you finalize the order! Iced taupe is such a tricky color to photograph though, so it may not help. Perhaps she could even take a photo of a swatch in the center of that circle of linings... With my recent dilemma choosing a lining color, I would say that contrast is what you are looking for, not coordination. And be sure that whatever color you choose makes you smile when you open your purse!

I was also planning to wait, but it is a good deal depending on the customizations people do. What does everyone usually get (other than lining)? I've been thinking about a new soulmate midi or Penelope Messenger but unsure what interior customizations I would do.
I like having a lobster clip for my keys, if there's none included in the design already.

Reactions: vink and thedseer
Wouldn't a navy Merinos be awesome?!

I added credit card slots to one of Flora...so it had 2 sets. I was thinking card slots in a Penelope Messenger may be a good idea, as when I carry that, prob only need a card or 2 so it could eliminate the need for a wallet.

I love my Happy linings....will have to decide if I splurge on another bag or sit this special out.

Oh oh oh! Thank you for the heads up. I really love the custom linings. And now I have much to think about for the weekend.

Massaccesi Maidens, I need your help! I have been dreaming of a Zhoe in iced taupe. But which lining color would work best with that?

I did the sage lining in mine...it is lovely! It really is what color makes you happy.

I usually get the special lining. It's my thing. I feel like I get to customize the bag, why shouldn't I just make it even special with colors that usually don't find somewhere else. I mean it's much more fun than a plain usual one.

The rest depends on the style and what I plan to use them for. The usual suspects are outside slip pocket, longer strap drop, and hardware color, only if I find it to be a better match than silver and gold.

Why don't you picture yourself using the bag and ask how would you want to fit the usual load in the bag? It does help picturing how and what you'll use it. I mean I'm not big on anything else they offer for interior. The lobster clasp is the only thing that I may actually use.

I added credit card slots to one of Flora...so it had 2 sets. I was thinking card slots in a Penelope Messenger may be a good idea, as when I carry that, prob only need a card or 2 so it could eliminate the need for a wallet.

I love my Happy linings....will have to decide if I splurge on another bag or sit this special out.

So that's how the Flora functions as your wallet: additional credit card slots!