Mascara on lower Lashes?

I knew this girl in high school who thought if she trimmed her lashes, they'd grow back thicker and faster. Needless to say it was really horrible.

Oh dear! I recall my optician used to tell me to curl my eyelashes near the bridge of my nose (they are naturally curly - but sadly only on the outer end near the temples) cos some tend to disturb my contact lens due to the length. Shldn't long lashes be a happy thing? For me, not quite, more like a 'happy' problem if that makes sense.

I just use a tad, tad bit on my lower lashes, I just tap them with the mascara wand. I think if you wear concealer, or any sort of foundation, you kind of need a tad bit of mascara on the lower lashes because the foundation gets on the lashes and kind of makes them invisible.

I think this is true. I run my clear eyelash conditioner over my lower lashes to get my powder off, that way I don't get the darkness but I don't have powdery lower eyelashes either.

Before I got an eyelash conditioner I used to wet my eyebrow comb and brush through with that.

Oh dear! I recall my optician used to tell me to curl my eyelashes near the bridge of my nose (they are naturally curly - but sadly only on the outer end near the temples) cos some tend to disturb my contact lens due to the length. Shldn't long lashes be a happy thing? For me, not quite, more like a 'happy' problem if that makes sense.

Do you have any idea how many women are completely jealous of your long gorgeous eyelashes? They sound so pretty, (even though they're causing you troubles).

I usually only do the top lashes. Once in a while I'll coat the bottom but only near the outside of my eye. I guess I s/b doing both top and bottom. I'm going to try it today. I have the same problem though, the lashes are tiny and it makes a mess.

I agree w/the other girls, doing the bottom lashes definitely gives a finished look to your eyes. Dont dip the wand before doing your bottom lashes though, use the wand after you have applied on your top lashes, that way its a little drier and wont goop on too much mascara.

it depends on what else I have on my eyes. If I'm doing a smokey eye for the night then yes, if it's simple eyeliner for the day no. I think my eyes are the most dramatic feature and I find if I wear too much things on it I end up looking like I've overdone it. Generally, I just use mascara and eyeliner on top only.

I only do the top. My bottom lashes are freakishly long compared to my upper lashes and anything that draws attention to them makes my eyes look, I don't know, droopy or something?

I always put mascara on my bottom lashes. I have small eyes and VERY short lashes, so I need all the help I can get to make my eyes look bigger. (In fact, my bottom lashes are so short that instead of sweeping the mascara wand vertically up and down my lower lashes, I actually have to run the wand horizontally to get product on my lashes. Hope that makes sense.)

i sometimes do...the trick is to make sure u dont have too much mascara on the wand (either wipe it or use it after doing the top lashes), make sure there isn't a lot of oil under ur eyes (or creams, lotions, etc - apply some powder or something first), and it helps to use a smaller wand brush like maybelline lash discovery, as opposed to a big, fat brush. i also tend to use waterproof on the lower lashes to help keep from smudging unless i'm positive i'm not going to sweat or do too much that day. u have to be pretty careful not to get it on ur skin as well, cuz if i have to fix mistakes, it tends to ruin the rest of my undereye makeup!

I never used to wear it until recently. Now I feel incomplete without it. I use the same method as socal - don't dip the brush back in the tube for the lower lashes. If there are any clumps I just use my fingers, I find it a little easier than using a comb.

I naturally have pretty long lashes, but I've always worn mascara on my bottom lashes, they don't look like they match when just the top is done, at least on me, also, it's how my mom taught me to do it, so I've never thought about doing it any other way.