Mascara on lower Lashes?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love mascara, it's a staple in my everyday makeup. I like my lashes to look full, long and super sexy. But the thing is, I don't ever put mascara on my lower lashes. I think it's because it's just hard for me to put it on. I end up looking like I have raccoon eyes and it's just difficult for me to do.

So my question is; Do you use mascara on your lower lashes and does it truly make a difference in your total eye look?

2. I only use a tiny bit on my lower lashes because I have really small lashes on the bottom.

3. yes I use it on my lower lashes and yes it makes a DEFINITE difference! my eyes do not look "done" unless I am wearing atleast a dry swipe of mascara.

4. Sometimes I don't because my eyes look fresher in a sense without mascara on the bottom. if i don't use mascara on the lower lashes i use thicker liner on the top.
    my lashes are tiny so i usually use mascara on the bottom though

5. When I do make up for people, I ALWAYS put mascara on the lower lashes, I think full bottom lashes are just as sexy as full top lashes! Whenever I do it, I just put a couple coats, and if I get some on their skin, I just simply clean it off with a q-tip and some make up remover =]

6. I wear mascara on my upper and lower eyelashes. It doesn't really make a difference for mine. I usually just dab the lower with mascara. Mascara really doesn't matter to me though because I have the weirdest eyelashes. They're really straight. I've tried using an eyelash curler, but my cheeks are so full that I can't get the curler to reach my eyelashes!

7. I wear mascara on both my upper and lower lashes but do what looks best on you!

8. Try using a heated curler that you just brush your lashes with! Thats what I do for mine when I want to go all out! I do that and put on a couple coats of Chanel Inimitable mascara! Both of those combined give me a natural looking curl =]

9. I apply mascara to the upper and lower lashes. I think it helps frame the face better to do both.

Are you using the same coat to do the upper and lower lashes? I start with the upper and then immediately do the lower lashes without getting more mascara on the brush, which helps keep the lower lashes from looking chunky. I also take a eyelash comb or a clean mascara brush to go through the lashes again if I think there is any excess.

Hope that helps!

10. ^^ Maybe that's why I look like a raccoon, I would tip my mascara wand back into the tube and then coat them. I will try this tomorrow and use my eyelash comb also.

It seems like so far, most of you like to do the top and bottom. I think I might just need to practice some more and I might actually like doing both my top and bottom lashes.

11. I totally agree with socal's way!! It's what I do. And if you mess up, you can always clean it off with a q-tip. I think it's up to you though, how you feel about how it looks on you. For me, I didn't used to wear it, now, I HAVE to have it on!

12. I only apply mascara to my upper lashes, because I feel when I wear it on my lower lashes it just adds to the darkness under my eyes.

13. I don't, I'll look like a cat if i do......my eyelashes are too long.....and i dun dare trim them short.......
    anyone trim yours?

14. I knew this girl in high school who thought if she trimmed her lashes, they'd grow back thicker and faster. Needless to say it was really horrible.

15. I just use a tad, tad bit on my lower lashes, I just tap them with the mascara wand. I think if you wear concealer, or any sort of foundation, you kind of need a tad bit of mascara on the lower lashes because the foundation gets on the lashes and kind of makes them invisible.