Marvelous March 2023 Purchases

This print is so pretty :heart: and it’s great you have a matching SLG for your NF. Good luck navigating to ban island MMLV :smile: — I heard the water along the way is choppy and full of Nautical and other LV pieces :lol: :smile:
Thank you very much hun! :hbeat: :heart:
Loved your post :loveeyes: :tup::lol: Oh yes, the waters on the way to the ban island are choppy and dangerous - that’s why I have to turn my boat around and sailor back every time I’m trying to get there :lol::drinks:

I have been rather good at not buying any LV so far (though been shopping at H) but I realise before my trip that I don’t have a decent size wallet…since the pandemic I got my first card holder and been adding more of that style of slg to my collection then I realise for travel I definitely needed one…since I still have abit of time I decided to add the reverse Mon clemence wallet…I have previously owned this style in plain monogram with the yellowish interior / tab back in 2015 but have sold it since it was quite used and haven’t been using it since the pandemic..though this was still pricey compared to the price I paid then..it wasn’t too crazy like the price increase of bags (and it’s more expensive in Singapore)and I get to claim gst on this which is not too bad which makes it just a A$140 increase from the 2015 price.

This will be my travel wallet where I can keep cards / bills / coins (from both countries) all in 1 place as the cch/card holder with key pouch/zcp just wasn’t practical enough….so I had to divert the plan to get the Kusama drop 2 Romy card holder to get this which I actually need…using it for my trip would already generate great cost per wear heee!!

8585FC43-71F5-4E2F-80DE-D0866D85F8FD.jpeg

1932D92C-CBB6-4E1C-9A21-8E7BD3ED3B44.jpeg

I have been rather good at not buying any LV so far (though been shopping at H) but I realise before my trip that I don’t have a decent size wallet…since the pandemic I got my first card holder and been adding more of that style of slg to my collection then I realise for travel I definitely needed one…since I still have abit of time I decided to add the reverse Mon clemence wallet…I have previously owned this style in plain monogram with the yellowish interior / tab back in 2015 but have sold it since it was quite used and haven’t been using it since the pandemic..though this was still pricey compared to the price I paid then..it wasn’t too crazy like the price increase of bags (and it’s more expensive in Singapore)and I get to claim gst on this which is not too bad which makes it just a A$140 increase from the 2015 price.

This will be my travel wallet where I can keep cards / bills / coins (from both countries) all in 1 place as the cch/card holder with key pouch/zcp just wasn’t practical enough….so I had to divert the plan to get the Kusama drop 2 Romy card holder to get this which I actually need…using it for my trip would already generate great cost per wear heee!!

View attachment 5744334

View attachment 5744335
Congratulations @Mapoon on your beautiful wallet:smile: I too have been spending way too much at/on H items:lol:. But LV has way more beautiful SLG's than H imho. So money well spent. Wishing you a wonderful trip, filled with good health and happiness:hugs:

• Love
Reactions: Aliluvlv and Mapoon
Congratulations @Mapoon on your beautiful wallet:smile: I too have been spending way too much at/on H items:lol:. But LV has way more beautiful SLG's than H imho. So money well spent. Wishing you a wonderful trip, filled with good health and happiness:hugs:
Thank you so much lovely!! :hugs: We all know these 2 brands definitely caught our hearts and we need to divide our $ to them! Im so glad I got a classic item to stand the test of time and fashison trends. H slgs are definitely more expensive so LV is a better investment and fuss free usage. Definitely counting down to my vacation! Hopefully will come back with some good buys hee!:biggrin:

Stepped into the store after what seemed like ages (I’m been doing online shopping on LV website instead). I was eyeing on a few items and couldn’t possibly order all the items and slowly inspect one by one to compare and I wasn’t even sure if those three items are the ones I would get because I had a 4th item that wasn’t launched yet (Kusama flowers speedy) I was eyeing too.

I was grossing underwhelmed by the Onthego PM!!! Going by the measurements on the web, it should be nearer to the size of a speedy 25, just a slimmer profile.
View attachment 5742872
However, it’s nearer to my speedy 20 instead!! Both frontal profile and sides. It’s just taller.

Next, I asked to look at Empreinte speedy 25 and the braided DE 25. I really wanted a muted design (in terms of logos, I want it to be “quieter”, hence, black is suitable because you can only see the logo up close). The braided was a tinge of sweetness with a comfort I’m used too (I love DE).
View attachment 5742868

I was also able to get the price of Kusama speedy in flowers. $5400 sgd available for ordering. I gathered some feedback from my husband and friend. I also recalled someone saying, she would have gotten the Kusama flowers if she were 30 yo. She reminded me that I’m not all teensy cutesy age anymore and the flower is attractive now, but will it still suit me when I’m 50-ish?

So, after careful considerations, I decided to bag home between noir or braided. View attachment 5742867

No, this part was not at LV, because I wasn’t VIC. At least the CA was patient enough with me. The previous CA I stuck with was not that patient and only offers me stuff when there are leftovers. He brushes me aside when I said I’m looking for certain canvas pieces. So, the trip to the store was also about looking for a new CA that I can work with.

The Empreinte was a tad heavier than braided. The weigh matters here because I want to use it as a work bag. For sure I’m gonna be dumping a lot of stuff inside. I’m leaning towards braided more than Empreinte. It’s true I do not have Empreinte speedy and I own tons of DE speedy (ok, 2, not tons). But the heart likes what the heart likes.

I didn’t do an unboxing because it’s not any different from the usual DE except for these:
1) Shiny golden zipper pulls and D-rings instead of the usual matte type.
2) The braided straps and handles of course.
View attachment 5742871

View attachment 5742870

The hardware linking the handles and bag were still the matte hardwares.
View attachment 5742869

It’s not anything different from the usual DE speedy that I own which I need to take in a million angles. It’s just a sweeter version of my usual DE speedy. One tiny thing before I can use it - I need an insert for this because I’m really quite clumsy and the light pink interior is sweet. I cannot smear it with my careless usage. While waiting for my insert to arrived, I will puff up the bag to remove the folded creases when they were storing the bag.
View attachment 5742884
the braids give this bag a fresh new look! Love it…btw, Did you find a better CA?

the braids give this bag a fresh new look! Love it…btw, Did you find a better CA?
I should think so. The CA that was serving my purchase was from a sweet lady. She seem more down to earth who gives more honest opinions too, instead of telling me all the things which I like are “dated” or that its not possible to get on the waiting list anymore. (Which I promptly got on the waiting list over online CA by myself!!)

She doesn’t hesitate to bring out bags to show me, even when I was quite set to purchasing this piece. It’s nice because at least I have seen it and know clearly that I still prefer this design. I got her contacts and will see how the rest goes.

Reactions: viewwing