Married men and their rings?

hehe! I would *like* him to wear a wedding ring, but he doesn't want to, I don't think my feelings would be too hurt. I can see where you're coming from, though!

Heck, who knows! I might change my mind!

I'm surprised you gals aren't aware of this little ditty: a wedding ring on a man is a chick magnet!!! Women who aren't inclined to committed relationships have NO problem going after a guy with a wedding ring: no risks of involvements. They also think he must be a real great guy to BE married, making him all the more appealing. Even my DH commented how much more "friendly" women became after we got married.

Hmm, wonder if that's the reason he never takes his off.... ;)

you're so sweet!
I'd kill my DH! LOL!

Maybe because mine travels ALL THE TIME. . . I trust him, but like it was mentioned earlier, it's the symbolism to me.

My dad never wore a ring - it was just too bulky for him. My mom doesn't care, she knows he only has eyes for her and thats all that matters. My DH feels naked w/out his ring, but I was recently pregnant and they didn't fit, so I took them off - DH was a little upset at first, but my feeling is, as long as the love is there, thats all that matters.

I know it depends on what you do. I know a lot of doctors can't wear rings, athletes, construction workers, etc...

icechick said:
Yes, wedding rings are worn on our right hands, engagement rings on the left

Hmmmm ... my SO wears his promise ring (the very few time that he does) on his right hand (the finger next to his pinky). I'm not going to tell him anything then:P

Prada Psycho said:
I'm surprised you gals aren't aware of this little ditty: a wedding ring on a man is a chick magnet!!! Women who aren't inclined to committed relationships have NO problem going after a guy with a wedding ring: no risks of involvements. They also think he must be a real great guy to BE married, making him all the more appealing. Even my DH commented how much more "friendly" women became after we got married.

Hmm, wonder if that's the reason he never takes his off.... ;)

eh. . . I don't know if I believe that's true.
Maybe the perdentage is slightly higher?

I don't believe that just because a gal doesn't want to be in a relationship of her own, she's TOTALLY willing to wreck someone elses.
I think there's a few males and females out there that like that challenge though.

ladystara said:
I know in Taiwan, the old tradition is to wear it on the middle finger. I think it was middle right for the girl and middle left for the guy..I'm not exactly sure.

Wait wait wait, middle right for the girl in Taiwan? I never know that. Ok I'm not from Taiwan but my Mom is, and my SO is kind of (he's born in South America) ... Oh man, I gotta change my ring finger then, I'm not taking myself off the market without some sort of real commitment:lol:

japskivt said:
My dad never wore a ring - it was just too bulky for him. My mom doesn't care, she knows he only has eyes for her and thats all that matters. My DH feels naked w/out his ring, but I was recently pregnant and they didn't fit, so I took them off - DH was a little upset at first, but my feeling is, as long as the love is there, thats all that matters.

I know it depends on what you do. I know a lot of doctors can't wear rings, athletes, construction workers, etc...

my fingers swelled too, we went and bought new matching bands from James Avery because I couldn't stand to not wear one! LOL!
Dh still wears that one, he prefers it over the one I gave him at the wedding.

We're both really bad about wearing our rings. My ring is high set and as a nurse it can tear my gloves when I work. Plus the constant soap and water from handwashing can damage it. I forget to put it back on most of the time. My husband hates jewelry but wears his ring half the time. He types on a computer all day and it can get uncomfortable. It's been a long time since I wore mine. I know I'm bad. Dumb excuses I know but we're also not big jewelry people at all.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
you're so sweet!
I'd kill my DH! LOL!

Maybe because mine travels ALL THE TIME. . . I trust him, but like it was mentioned earlier, it's the symbolism to me.

OMG, LOL! If I had YOUR DH, I would have him chained to me! lol He's too good-looking!! :heart:

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
eh. . . I don't know if I believe that's true.
Maybe the perdentage is slightly higher?

I don't believe that just because a gal doesn't want to be in a relationship of her own, she's TOTALLY willing to wreck someone elses.
I think there's a few males and females out there that like that challenge though.

This is quite interesting actually. I noticed a disturbing trend when I visited my SO in Singapore back in May. There's this celebrity blogger there who wrote about the very topic of wrecking other people's relationship. It seemed to be a growing belief amongst some young people that it's perfectly okay to steal other ppl's bf or gf as long as they're not married:wtf: