Married Man Syndrome

OMG! Yes....funny story....

So at my 10 year HS reunion, this girl tried to pick up my DH...10 years later at the 20th, she starts chatting him up again. My best friend nudges me and starts laughing, 'you had better go save him'. As I walk up, I can tell she thinks she knows him, but can't place him...'oh, XXXX, this is your husband?'...back to DH, 'where have we met before?'....At the last reunion...duh, you tried to pick him up then, too!

No one has ever flirted with my man right under my nose. I dunno, the set we hang out is pretty conservative so that's probably why. No one has ever flirted with me in front of my hubby either. Haha. I just realized that all of this is probably because we just don't get out. (2 little kids at home) And if we do go out, it's with our other married friends and their kids....so not much time for hanky-panky!

BUT, hubby does go on a lot of extended business trips, and I have no idea how women treat him then!

My DH and I don't go out much, or if we do we're with other couples or family. But I know he loves me and would never ever cheat. In fact I think it would make him very uncomfortable if another woman hit on him in front of me. He'd probably be afraid of what I might do!

I had a GF who was always very flirty with "my" men, like if we were out and I started talking to some guy, she would always come catting around, shoving her boobies in his face and rubbing against him. I never cared too much because let's face it, they were bar pick-ups and not worth fighting over. But it did get annoying sometimes. I just don't get women like that. I think they are very insecure and pitiful.

These women/men who goes after married ppl need to be locked in a gas chamber and burned in hell! Really, they have no place in this already crowded earth. I have a very strong view on this matter, I found out once that my dad cheated on my mom, and it hurt me deeply.

These women/men who goes after married ppl need to be locked in a gas chamber and burned in hell! Really, they have no place in this already crowded earth. I have a very strong view on this matter, I found out once that my dad cheated on my mom, and it hurt me deeply.

I'm very sorry about your mom, but don't think the cheating spouse is to blame too? :confused1:

i know why girls go after married men.. its the whole them being unattainable..

Like a Birkin? LOL

My line on this is that girls go after married men because they know that your dear husband must be at least vaguely decent to pass your selection process (i.e. you marrying him) and I mean this in the more risqué sense as well :P :graucho:. Therefore in going for married men they can be sure that they are eyeing a good material!

Actually I had this last night at a cocktail party in someone else's house. We are not even married but I am pretty certain a girl knows that we are engaged by the fact that I am wearing an engagement ring and I hung on to my fiancé's arm when we entered so she decided to flirt with him; touching his shoulder; talking in a provocative way; she even asked how long we have been engaged when I am standing two paces away talking to somebody else! I just stay quiet throughout the process and make sure my eye doesnot leave the person whom I am talking to though because I don't like getting into a *meow* fight and I have my discrete anti-measures :graucho: to make sure that my fiancé tows the line, LOL.

OMG! Yes....funny story....

So at my 10 year HS reunion, this girl tried to pick up my DH...10 years later at the 20th, she starts chatting him up again. My best friend nudges me and starts laughing, 'you had better go save him'. As I walk up, I can tell she thinks she knows him, but can't place him...'oh, XXXX, this is your husband?'...back to DH, 'where have we met before?'....At the last reunion...duh, you tried to pick him up then, too!

OMG that's hilarious!

Yep, hitting on married men is lame, lame, lame. How pathetic! :Push:

the only person who ever flirted with my hubby was his fat ass ex-gf. but she is so ugly i dont even consider it a competition.

my mother however was not so lucky. this one b$%^ was flirting with my father for the longest time. sending him flirty text message and stuff. i have no idea if my father flirted back or not. in his defense he said no. but you know how the male species are.....
i was so upset at him and told him to stop talking to this skank or i will never speak to him again. thank god he loves me enough to pick me (our family) over the skank.

Nope it doesn't happen cause my husband would just ignore the woman or give her a cold mean stare..he can be scary when he wants to ^^ thank god for that. :smile:
if it happened infront of me oooh she better run lol

I totally agree with you that skanks who go after married men are lame.

But I also think that the married men or women have culpability too -- it's not that the girls going after the married guys (or vice versa) are "ruining" the lives of others, so much as it is that the married people who chase others are ruining their own lives and those of the people around them.

I just feel like if you pledge to love and honor someone forever as you do when you get married, then you should do that and that is YOUR responsibility -- whether others hit on you or not.

oh absolutely! But we're talking about the ho's! LOL!
Don't even get me started on how I feel about cheating men!!:cursing:

i have a pretty bad temper so if i caught some ***** trying to hit on my man she wouldn't know what to do with herself. i'd cuss her ass out till she had no ass to sit on. then i'd humiliate her by making her look like the biggest tramp that ever walked on the face of the earth. after having my second baby i really don't have the patience for people's ********. i just can't let **** slide anymore. :devil:

oh yea...then i'd probably cuss my husband's ass out too on the way home for letting some beezy flirt with him in front of me. if he knew what was good for him he wouldn't let that happen unless he wants a big bill on credit card. but i trust my husband and i know he wouldn't let anything like that happen. he'll probably just act like he didn't even see the girl.

I think some women see that if a guy is in a relationship that someone else considers him a worthy specimen.

I am just glad that if someone hit on my husband one he wouldn't realize it and two he wouldn't even consider it.

I think what I'm going to say will go against the tide, but I don't blame girls who go after married men at all. I blame the married men for cheating in the first place. If men were honest, loyal and loved their wife too much to jeopardize their marriage, then these types of woman wouldn't exist in the first place. These women would just go through a series of rejections until they moved onto available men. It's not the other woman that decides to ruin a marriage, it's the married man who does.

^I completely agree with you there. It's easy to blame the other woman, but it's the man who is cheating, not the woman.

I admit I have a crush on a married man (before I knew he was married). I don't even talk to the guy but I'm still attracted to him. I'm just happy to let this be a passing fancy and nothing more.

And flirting in front of the wife does'nt make sense-as if anyone has a chance of landing a married man in front of the wife!