MARLI New York

foxyqt

O.G.
May 22, 2007
Hello Ladies!

I just recently came across this jewelry brand and was looking to see if there was any thread about it on here but didn't find any. It is a US brand and they opened their first flagship store in the middle east here in Dubai. I visited them and fell in love with their designs! Specially the Cleo collection. I believe a lot of people are starting to look into them and I think they will be a hit very soon just like Messika.

During my visit I purchased the full diamond Cleo slip on bangle in Rose Gold with Pink Opal and it is just the prettiest thing! It stacked beautifully with my Cartier love bracelet as well. I fell in love with their dainty chokers, but that's next on my wishlist :biggrin:

Cleo-1.jpg Cleo-2.jpg Cleo-3.jpg Cleo-4.jpg Marli Choker.jpg

I have been wanting something from this line after I accidentally discovered the brand on IG last year (I was looking for info about the release of the Cartier Berlingots line in the USA…still waiting on that one!).
That is really exciting they are being sold at Saks now. I would love to see some in real-life photos if anyone has any. The only reason I have hesitated so far is because it is difficult to determine what the fit is like on the arm from the photos. For example, fitted or bangle; firm or bendable.

Reactions: jennlt
I have been wanting something from this line after I accidentally discovered the brand on IG last year (I was looking for info about the release of the Cartier Berlingots line in the USA…still waiting on that one!).
That is really exciting they are being sold at Saks now. I would love to see some in real-life photos if anyone has any. The only reason I have hesitated so far is because it is difficult to determine what the fit is like on the arm from the photos. For example, fitted or bangle; firm or bendable.
Yes, it has a similar vibe to Berlingots with the pyramids! Pictures online don’t do it justice. The pieces look much more expensive than they are. All of the bracelets at my Saks store were very small. They could fit around my wrist, but it was an exact fit. I prefer a looser fit for my jewelry. You put it on in the same way you would the Bvlgari Serpenti Viper— it sort of coils around your wrist. It bends, so I would be curious to see how well it keeps it’s shape. The Midi version is still large enough for stacking. Because I’m now obsessed, I’ll probably go back next week and take pics. I was in such a rush last time.

Yes, it has a similar vibe to Berlingots with the pyramids! Pictures online don’t do it justice. The pieces look much more expensive than they are. All of the bracelets at my Saks store were very small. They could fit around my wrist, but it was an exact fit. I prefer a looser fit for my jewelry. You put it on in the same way you would the Bvlgari Serpenti Viper— it sort of coils around your wrist. It bends, so I would be curious to see how well it keeps it’s shape. The Midi version is still large enough for stacking. Because I’m now obsessed, I’ll probably go back next week and take pics. I was in such a rush last time.
Thank you for the info and review! My worry was that it would be like the Tiffany bracelets which end up bent sideways from putting them on. I agree the value seems excellent for the price! I wish we had a Saks here, but at least it is easy to order from them.

I think the regular size probably suits me best. Here are the four that I’m trying to decide between: jade, turquoise, yellow quartzite, and lapis. Thoughts on which color looks best?Ignore the rest of the stack. I may move some pieces to my other arm.

Attachments

• F48D744F-ABEC-4AF1-9A99-94D962CD6ED5.jpeg
    F48D744F-ABEC-4AF1-9A99-94D962CD6ED5.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 48FD1578-7A39-484E-8EFB-DEF66BB2ADF1.jpeg
    48FD1578-7A39-484E-8EFB-DEF66BB2ADF1.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1E16CD9E-BFA3-442E-AF03-451EC818E19A.jpeg
    1E16CD9E-BFA3-442E-AF03-451EC818E19A.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 54
  • CD78F0A2-B483-438F-8FB9-1AC8F1910BAD.jpeg
    CD78F0A2-B483-438F-8FB9-1AC8F1910BAD.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 54
I think the regular size probably suits me best. Here are the four that I’m trying to decide between: jade, turquoise, yellow quartzite, and lapis. Thoughts on which color looks best?Ignore the rest of the stack. I may move some pieces to my other arm.
They are all beautiful but I prefer the turquoise and lapis pieces. What will work best with your wardrobe?

I love them! They are substantial enough! I prefer the color pop of the turquoise or lapis, but the yellow is also very pretty. Your YG diamond bracelet looks so familiar, is it vintage Tiffany or Cartier? I feel like I have loved it before at some time in my life :heart:

Reactions: SabrinaSays522
Marli is extremely popular in a sub-set of the Middle East, yet hasn’t caught on in US, particularly in NYC. I’ve always wondered, if their advertising campaigns in the Middle East were more compelling than their American one’s or if Van Cleef (Alahambra particularly) has a stranglehold, that makes Marli’s strong cubist line‘s not in style.

Reactions: SabrinaSays522
They are all beautiful but I prefer the turquoise and lapis pieces. What will work best with your wardrobe?
Thank you! Honestly, I think any of them could be incorporated easily into an outfit, except maybe turquoise. For me, turquoise looks best with spring and summer clothing with bright colors. The other stones are more versatile, I think. Also, I’m not a matchy-matchy kind of person so I’ll gladly wear green with orange.

Reactions: Cool Breeze
I love them! They are substantial enough! I prefer the color pop of the turquoise or lapis, but the yellow is also very pretty. Your YG diamond bracelet looks so familiar, is it vintage Tiffany or Cartier? I feel like I have loved it before at some time in my life :heart:
Thank you, Nicole! The YG bracelet is a weave bracelet from Tiffany in the 80s. I felt the same way when I saw it. It’s as if I once admired it on posh mom’s friend, maybe.

Reactions: nicole0612