Mark Cross large Scottie satchel....opinions pls

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Hello all, I really didnt mean to find this beauty but it caught my eye across the room in the sale. It was the only one s I grabbed it. It's the same size as Taylor Swift but in in gorgeous green.....should I keep? It is lined in red leather so it's not a very light bag but not the heaviest either. I will show Taylor's first....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 712
OMG, that's GORGEOUS. I would most definitely keep it, and why baby it? Leather is tough, Mark Cross is a good brand, and you got a hell of a price, right?

It's a classic shape, looks like great organizational insides, elegant, timeless - this is a great bag!

OMG, that's GORGEOUS. I would most definitely keep it, and why baby it? Leather is tough, Mark Cross is a good brand, and you got a hell of a price, right?

It's a classic shape, looks like great organizational insides, elegant, timeless - this is a great bag!
Ok this is encouraging. I am afraid of babying because lining is lambskin. This also makes it a bit heavy. I can't find much info on the brand.

I got it £499 which is $823

Thanks for replying. Your doggy avatar is cutie

Ok this is encouraging. I am afraid of babying because lining is lambskin. This also makes it a bit heavy. I can't find much info on the brand.

I got it £499 which is $823

Thanks for replying. Your doggy avatar is cutie
Thank you, that's my little girl Zoey.

http://www.markcross1845.com - have you checked there for basics?

Wow, you got that bag for over half off! Wowza!!! You MUST keep it, just because of that. :lol:

Keep!

I think the bag is really elegant has a classic shape. It doesn't seem like the kind of leather that needs to be babied. In fact, any scratches and scuffing would probably add some character to it since it has a vintagey look. It's nice that the inside is separated into sections too instead of being one large compartment. I've liked this bag since the first pics of T swift carrying it started popping up.

I am someone who resists sale prices pretty well because I recognize that I have a tendency to sometimes like something only because of the discount. I wouldn't hesitate about keeping the bag at all. Getting 70% off on a bag like that is too good to pass up (and that's something I wouldn't say unless it was something I really like).

Edit:
The green looks nice as well. A true, deep green that is a nice change from the more common blacks, browns and beiges and not as loud as a classic red.

Keep!

I think the bag is really elegant has a classic shape. It doesn't seem like the kind of leather that needs to be babied. In fact, any scratches and scuffing would probably add some character to it since it has a vintagey look. It's nice that the inside is separated into sections too instead of being one large compartment. I've liked this bag since the first pics of T swift carrying it started popping up.

I am someone who resists sale prices pretty well because I recognize that I have a tendency to sometimes like something only because of the discount. I wouldn't hesitate about keeping the bag at all. Getting 70% off on a bag like that is too good to pass up (and that's something I wouldn't say unless it was something I really like).

Edit:
The green looks nice as well. A true, deep green that is a nice change from the more common blacks, browns and beiges and not as loud as a classic red.
Thanks mellome, that's really helpful. It is lovely.