Marie Antoinette-- anyone like the movie?

Oh man I bought this movie the minute it came out on DVD...I am going to Paris in a year and I definitely want to see Versailles in person.

I love the dreamy like quality to Sofia Coppola's movies. The soundtracks are also awesome.

I will say that nothing beats watching this movie on the big screen though. I saw it twice in a theatre.

I actually randomly bought this movie with the 4 for 20$ previous rented movies at blockbuster because I could make up my mind on what movie to get...

and Im soooo glad I got it because I :love: this movie

I loved the costumes and set and design, but I thought the lead actors weren't very good choices for Louis XVI or Marie Antoinette.
She was beautiful as the Dauphine, but her American accent seemed very out of place and Louis XVI came off as a complete fop at the hands of Jason Schwartzman. :shrugs:

I must admit: I loved this movie!!! :yes:

In one scene when Kirstin (MA) is in her closet they flash on a pair of High Tops: accident or just Sofia Coppola's sense of humor??

I thought it was very interesting. Instead of a stodgy portrayal, I like the way Coppola brought the life of M.A. into the twenty-first century with the soundtrack, and MTV like shots, invoking how giddy and fun it must have been to be such a rich teenager, and then contrasting it with the weird things M.A. had to worry about that normal people don't (like having a child, or speaking to duBarry, getting beheaded...)

I got this movie for christmas. lol I loved it even tho, admittedly, it isn't the greatest movie in the world, it's fun to watch. It's very lush and colourful and beautiful.

Sophia does that to illustrate that Marie Antoinette was still a kid-- she was only 14 when she married Louis. I thought it was cool. In another scene where she is running, you can see Converse again.