Marc by Marc Faridah vs. Teri vs. Quinn

Which Do You Prefer?

• Faridah

• Teri

• Quinn

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey Sep and Sweetdreams,
What made you decide against the Faridah (and in Sep's case go with the Teri)? Was it a "look issue" or a functionality issue? I love the green and I'm thinking of ordering it, but have not seen in person. Also, has anyone seen the Foam (blue) Airline Captain Bag - it's a great color, too.
thanks!!
Honestly... I felt like the Faridah looked the best on the shelf and in online pictures... but the Teri looked so much better on ME... and just fit my body more comfortably... also... the Faridah's shape changes depending on what's inside... so with some of my things inside I liked it tons... but with more or less... I wasn't so sure... I took all of the paper out of the Teri... and put my things inside (even my huge Chanel sunglass case) and I really loved the way it looked on... I think I didn't like it with the sunglass case before because it also had the paper inside... once I took that out... and put my actual belongings inside... I knew it was perfect... Also, the Faridah gets ever so slightly narrower as it goes down to the base of the bag... And if I get an A-line bag... I generally prefer a right-side up A... just my own personal taste... HTH! :flowers:

oh wow it looks great !! i love the sharp contrast of the grass green with the black and white interior... looks so crisp ! I voted for the faridah as well, i have the older style in camo green and i love it. its a great 'go-to' bag :smile:

^I truly love the Teri...I just purchased one in midnight and can't wait to get it :graucho: But good choice on the Faridah. If I am not so obsessive about a bag's slouchiness, I would definitely go for that too.

I ordered a Midnight Teri as well and should be getting it on Thursday! I'm super excited because that blue looks so nice. :tup:

My Nordies only had Faridahs and I didn't like the slouch it has up top and I can't stand purses with one strap. I feel like I can't open it wide to find things, which I like to be able to do.

The compartments that Teri has look awesome too. I love having option on where to put things and a lot of the time I like to keep my electronics (phone, ipod, ear buds...) away from everything else so they don't get scratched by keys and such. It's looking to be a seriously functional and great looking bag! Can't wait to get my hands on it! :biggrin:

^^ You will LOVE the midnight! I might have opted for the Midnight if I did not already have 3 blue bags (one of which is navy)... it is gorgeous! I know not everyone does but I :heart: the gold hardware with the Teri! I'm not sure what it is but the Teri with gold hardware reminds me of DVF... she always has the richest colors... classic pieces with an unexpected element of fun! I'm SOOO curious now what colors the Teri will come in for Fall 2008!

Honestly... I felt like the Faridah looked the best on the shelf and in online pictures... but the Teri looked so much better on ME... and just fit my body more comfortably... also... the Faridah's shape changes depending on what's inside... so with some of my things inside I liked it tons... but with more or less... I wasn't so sure... I took all of the paper out of the Teri... and put my things inside (even my huge Chanel sunglass case) and I really loved the way it looked on... I think I didn't like it with the sunglass case before because it also had the paper inside... once I took that out... and put my actual belongings inside... I knew it was perfect... Also, the Faridah gets ever so slightly narrower as it goes down to the base of the bag... And if I get an A-line bag... I generally prefer a right-side up A... just my own personal taste... HTH! :flowers: [/quote

Hi Sep,
Thanks for your imput - I guess I'll have to take my lazy butt to a MJ store and check these out. I loooove the color, but it sounds like the style needs to be tried. Enjoy your bag - it looks luscious.

You gals - enablers once again...

Sep, you made me do it!! I called Bloomies to check on the green bags, thinking I would order the Faridah - they had NONE left - in any store. They said they got them in last week and sold all. I called MBMJ in SF and the SA had one left. Since I'd never even seen or tried these, I decided to go to my local Nordstrom and check out the styles (they had the satchel style in green). I tried the Faridah and Teri in other colors, and you were right - Teri was more flattering on me. The SA checked the stock for green and there was ONE left in the country - she called the store and the bag was on hold for the day :boxing:. She gave me the SA's name and number and tonight I called her directly. She checked with her manager and was OK'd to sell it to me. I got the last Nordstrom one (for now) in the country!! While we were doing the transaction, the store was called 5 times for the same bag. WOW - I can't believe I lucked out (normally I'm always too late). And I can't believe I bought a green bag - but I think it will be a great change from my blacks and browns :beach: With the popularity of the bag, hope we don't see these bags coming and going.

I ordered a Midnight Teri as well and should be getting it on Thursday! I'm super excited because that blue looks so nice. :tup:

My Nordies only had Faridahs and I didn't like the slouch it has up top and I can't stand purses with one strap. I feel like I can't open it wide to find things, which I like to be able to do.

The compartments that Teri has look awesome too. I love having option on where to put things and a lot of the time I like to keep my electronics (phone, ipod, ear buds...) away from everything else so they don't get scratched by keys and such. It's looking to be a seriously functional and great looking bag! Can't wait to get my hands on it! :biggrin:

Cool! We'll be bag twins. I cannot wait to get my midnight Teri! It should be here any day now. :tup:

You gals - enablers once again...

Sep, you made me do it!! I called Bloomies to check on the green bags, thinking I would order the Faridah - they had NONE left - in any store. They said they got them in last week and sold all. I called MBMJ in SF and the SA had one left. Since I'd never even seen or tried these, I decided to go to my local Nordstrom and check out the styles (they had the satchel style in green). I tried the Faridah and Teri in other colors, and you were right - Teri was more flattering on me. The SA checked the stock for green and there was ONE left in the country - she called the store and the bag was on hold for the day :boxing:. She gave me the SA's name and number and tonight I called her directly. She checked with her manager and was OK'd to sell it to me. I got the last Nordstrom one (for now) in the country!! While we were doing the transaction, the store was called 5 times for the same bag. WOW - I can't believe I lucked out (normally I'm always too late). And I can't believe I bought a green bag - but I think it will be a great change from my blacks and browns :beach: With the popularity of the bag, hope we don't see these bags coming and going.
Congrats leesee! I'm so glad you got your bag! The manager at the MBMJ boutique in Chicago said that for some reason they didn't make as many of the Grass bags as other colors... Maybe they weren't sure how it would go over... so I doubt we'll see tons of them everywhere... and they don't remake the same colors season after season... once they're gone... they're gone... so you always feel like you got an exclusive which is cool... unfortunately I missed out on the mouse grey but I'm sure another grey bag will come along that I will love... I think between the 3 bags... unless the designs change again in coming seasons... I'm a Teri girl! :tup:

^^ Yay for Teri

Sep,
Have you been using it and are you in :heart:?! I have to wait 8 days for mine, so give me a report. I was so sure I'd like the Faridah, and was so surprised to wind up with liking this one more (by the way, it's gorgeous in the brown, too - not to start anything :graucho:)

Hey Sep and Sweetdreams,
What made you decide against the Faridah (and in Sep's case go with the Teri)? Was it a "look issue" or a functionality issue? I love the green and I'm thinking of ordering it, but have not seen in person. Also, has anyone seen the Foam (blue) Airline Captain Bag - it's a great color, too.
thanks!!

Yah! I'm not the only one who changes my mind! Welcome to the Teri club :yahoo:

No, it wasn't a functionality issue, Faridah is actually easier to hold because of the one large strap. After reading through this thread, I concluded that Faridah looks prettier in pics, but Teri is better looking IRL when she's on your shoulder. Maybe Faridah looks more like a big bag and doesn't look structured enough for me. Just my opinion anyway;)