Mansur Gavriel MANSUR GAVRIEL General Chat Thread

Hello all,

finallybought myself a bucket bag after admiring them for a long time. I bought the brandy/avion colour while it was on sale and it has just arrived today. It has arrived with quite a few scratches on it, which is pretty disappointing, however it was a final sale item so don’t know if I can complain or not? I know that the bag will get worn and scratched with time, but I didn’t expect it to arrive scratched.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 21
Please HELP MG experts! I just received my first MG bag, the large tote in black flamma. I'm in Australia, there's no store here and I purchased through Farfetch.

When I took the bag out from the dustbag, I noticed there are white 'patches' on the outside. Therefore the black doesn't look all black. I am tempted to wipe it off with something to clean it. Can someone please advise how do I clean it? Can I use alcohol free baby wipes?

Please HELP MG experts! I just received my first MG bag, the large tote in black flamma. I'm in Australia, there's no store here and I purchased through Farfetch.

When I took the bag out from the dustbag, I noticed there are white 'patches' on the outside. Therefore the black doesn't look all black. I am tempted to wipe it off with something to clean it. Can someone please advise how do I clean it? Can I use alcohol free baby wipes?
I'm so sorry to hear that your bag arrived this way. Without seeing the white patches myself, I would probably return and request a replacement. I have several MG bags in the original vegetable tan leather and one of my black ones did get "ruined" after I spilled coffee on it and didn't clean it right away (I didn't notice it at first). The bag was left with some streaky white stains. Don't let this story of mine discourage you from getting this bag though! I love mine and literally just carried one of them yesterday. I have a large collection of bags including Hermes, Chanel, LV etc and I always come back to my MGs year after year. I hope Farfetch can correct this for you.

• Insightful
Reactions: airina666
I'm so sorry to hear that your bag arrived this way. Without seeing the white patches myself, I would probably return and request a replacement. I have several MG bags in the original vegetable tan leather and one of my black ones did get "ruined" after I spilled coffee on it and didn't clean it right away (I didn't notice it at first). The bag was left with some streaky white stains. Don't let this story of mine discourage you from getting this bag though! I love mine and literally just carried one of them yesterday. I have a large collection of bags including Hermes, Chanel, LV etc and I always come back to my MGs year after year. I hope Farfetch can correct this for you.
Thank you! I returned the bag because Farfetch doesn't do exchange. I repurchased it, msged them to make sure that MG sends me a good one & the new one I received is perfect! I'm so happy! My question for you is, do I need to treat/condition/waterproof the veg tan leather before using?

I tried some Coach leather conditioner on my three-year-old black veg tanned leather bucket bag. It's only my second time using coach leather conditioner on any bag and so far at the 30 minute mark, it seems fine. My bag was looking quite dry and I was worried the leather would start to crack. Had kept it nearly a year outside its care bag, think the constant dry air didn't help .

I don't really have experience with leather care at all. The VTL seems to have become slightly more shiny and patina'd, which is nice but not what I like- I didn't want to rush the patina. But if it means avoiding cracks , I might have to go with it! Any other suggestions for moisturising this? I used facial tissues to buff as didn't have a soft cloth handy.

Pics 1 and 3 are Before pics. Sorry if it's hard to see any difference, its night. The "patina" might go away in a day or two once the conditioner is fully absorbed.

also when I poke the bag to try "flatten" out the curves, it feels more supple than the non-conditioned side.

I really love Mansur Gavriel and might get another bucket or a large tote one day! The VTL is my favourite.
20230404_205250.jpg

20230404_210333.jpg20230404_205302.jpg
20230404_212153.jpg

Hi all, any reviews regarding the MG large tote? Also does this come in a different leather other then the vegetable leather?

Thanks!
I had the large vegetable tanned leather tote in the Camello for years. It patina'd beautifully over the years and is to date the most complimented bag I have ever gotten. I have seriously considered grabbing another one but I don't love the interior colors they offer now. Mine was a marine blue.