Mansur Gavriel MANSUR GAVRIEL Care & Maintenance Thread

has anyone had this issue with their label? i got the saffiano bucket bag regular size and the label is coming off.

i contacted someone from mansur and she has been very lax about the whole thing. she takes her time in replying and after sending back the bag for replacement, she hasnt gotten back to me for about a week now. the customer service is sub par and it's quite frustrating.

Hi,
has anyone had this issue with their label? i got the saffiano bucket bag regular size and the label is coming off.

i contacted someone from mansur and she has been very lax about the whole thing. she takes her time in replying and after sending back the bag for replacement, she hasnt gotten back to me for about a week now. the customer service is sub par and it's quite frustrating.

Hello, did you ever get a replacement bag or did you get your original bag back with it restamped? Frustrated that mine is fading too.

Hi,

Hello, did you ever get a replacement bag or did you get your original bag back with it restamped? Frustrated that mine is fading too.
Hi,

they did, but they couldn't promise it won't happen again. so just to let you know, when it does, they won't replace it anymore. i kind of regretted having mine replaced though, the first one i got from them had really good leather quality. the replacement felt thinner.

probably my imagination (i hope) but yeah, it is what it is. customer service will take time to reply, so be patient.

Any recommendations for protecting suede? I managed to get a black suede Sun bag during the sample sale but I’ve never owned a suede bag before and I’m lost on how to care for it.

I just purchased the large tote in vegetable tanned leather in Bordo, a deep burgundy. I’m debating keeping the bag now since it seems high maintenance with regard to leather and wear and tear. Does anyone have experience with this color or dark colors in this leather? What should I expect I terms of how it will wear?

Saffiano is hard stiff and feels like plastic IMO, not a fan of it. Veg tanned ages and is a little softer though still stiff. Scratches easily at first but then they smooth out and it develops a sheen to it and the scratches no longer look obvious. I prefer veg myself, love the smell and they way it wears but if you prefer no scratches then Saffiano is probably better.

Reactions: Dribbliette
Wanted to share my cammello bucket that I have been using everywhere! Rain or shine this has been my goto bag lately.

I haven't been babying this bag at all, it's been in the rain, scorching sun and scratched by my sons finger nails (he seems to enjoy doing that whenever he gets the chance)

I love how personal it looks, and the more tanned it gets the more I love it.
View attachment 3413172

The back side though isn't as tanned, I might have to flip it around so it gets an even tan haha.
Do you condition this bag?

I don't believe it does stain but then neither does my veg tanned. I don't protect any of my bags from rain when caught in it. Once it dries there's never been any marks left on it.

Hello All,
Not sure if anyone brought this up yet in this tread. But I obtain a huge water stain on my Brandy Bucket bag. It was my first time using this bag on a trip after purchase it a while back.

Please let me know if you have any advise on how to remove or lighten the stay it would be greatly appreciate .

I tried conditioner the bag with Cadillac Leather Lotion and a little saddle soap but it’s still there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 9
Hello All,
Not sure if anyone brought this up yet in this tread. But I obtain a huge water stain on my Brandy Bucket bag. It was my first time using this bag on a trip after purchase it a while back.

Please let me know if you have any advise on how to remove or lighten the stay it would be greatly appreciate .

I tried conditioner the bag with Cadillac Leather Lotion and a little saddle soap but it’s still there.

Try leather milk