Manolo Blahnik HANGISI owners and lovers, come in!

Hi! I have worn the hangisi and in about 2-3 hours they started hurted like f*** in the toe box! I was in a carpeted banquet hall so was able to take them out and rest my feet. My toes also had blisters. I want to kick myself for not getting the next size up. I should have gone all the way up to size 40 because of my wide feet. I am going to look into getting a shoe stretcher. They looked absolutely beautiful though!
Hi ladies hoping you can help! I just picked up the 90mm hangisi pumps in black and they’re gorgeous - I’m in love! I couldn’t decide in the store so I got both the 38 and 38.5 so that I could wear them around the house and decide. I’m usually always a 38 in designer shoes - chanel sneakers, valentine rockstuds , dior sling backs. However the 38 in these 90mm hangisi’s fits perfect in length but feels very right in the toe , when I’m wearing them just around the house my toes start to hurt. I wonder if they will loosen up after lots of wears? The 38.5 feels totally comfortable in the toe area but is a little lose in the back and I wonder if after a few wears my foot will start slipping up. Which one would you do or did you did if you had this same problem ? The SA suggested stretching the 38 but will satin even stretch enough and would it ruin the satin?
thanks and sorry for the long rant!
Hi! See my post. My toe box was crushed and it hurt so much! I was absolutely crushed! i tried them again a few days ago and it started hurting again. I may have to sell them for a loss.
I don’t think they stretch especially satin but you can try wearing thick winter socks about 15 mins each day. I am yet to do that..I saw it on one of the Instagram account.
I would suggest keeping the 38.5. I know you can get those toe fillers. But keeping the 38 is a higher risk. good luck!

Hi! See my post. My toe box was crushed and it hurt so much! I was absolutely crushed! i tried them again a few days ago and it started hurting again. I may have to sell them for a loss.
I don’t think they stretch especially satin but you can try wearing thick winter socks about 15 mins each day. I am yet to do that..I saw it on one of the Instagram account.
I would suggest keeping the 38.5. I know you can get those toe fillers. But keeping the 38 is a higher risk. good luck!
Oh thank you so much for this ! I was thiniking the sock thing. Do you know if a cobbler can stretch these ? I called one and he said he couldn’t stretch satin but not sure if I should call around more …

Oh thank you so much for this ! I was thiniking the sock thing. Do you know if a cobbler can stretch these ? I called one and he said he couldn’t stretch satin but not sure if I should call around more …
That’s interesting. No never tried calling anyone. I will look into this..thanks! And you are welcome! :smile:

Hi ladies hoping you can help! I just picked up the 90mm hangisi pumps in black and they’re gorgeous - I’m in love! I couldn’t decide in the store so I got both the 38 and 38.5 so that I could wear them around the house and decide. I’m usually always a 38 in designer shoes - chanel sneakers, valentine rockstuds , dior sling backs. However the 38 in these 90mm hangisi’s fits perfect in length but feels very right in the toe , when I’m wearing them just around the house my toes start to hurt. I wonder if they will loosen up after lots of wears? The 38.5 feels totally comfortable in the toe area but is a little lose in the back and I wonder if after a few wears my foot will start slipping up. Which one would you do or did you did if you had this same problem ? The SA suggested stretching the 38 but will satin even stretch enough and would it ruin the satin?
thanks and sorry for the long rant!
I’ve been buying Manolo‘s shoes since the 80s and have purchased more than I care to admit in all fabrics and heel heights. That said, I’ve stretched many, but not satin. I’ve gone up a half size in the hangisi’s for comfort, and for any that may be a little loose I simply put in a small half toe pad to take up the extra space. I live in Florida so I mostly wear mine barefoot and find they stay on fine.

I’ve been buying Manolo‘s shoes since the 80s and have purchased more than I care to admit in all fabrics and heel heights. That said, I’ve stretched many, but not satin. I’ve gone up a half size in the hangisi’s for comfort, and for any that may be a little loose I simply put in a small half toe pad to take up the extra space. I live in Florida so I mostly wear mine barefoot and find they stay on fine.
Thank you so mkch for your honest feedback! So helpful. I was really skeptical about stretching satin so it’s nice to hear you confirm this too. I think I’ll go with the size 38.5 since perhaps it’s better to be more comfortable and deal with slippage if it ever even comes. Thank you again!

Thank you so mkch for your honest feedback! So helpful. I was really skeptical about stretching satin so it’s nice to hear you confirm this too. I think I’ll go with the size 38.5 since perhaps it’s better to be more comfortable and deal with slippage if it ever even comes. Thank you again!
There’s all sorts of fancy inserts but those cheap Dr. Scholl types work wonders!

Hi ladies, I need help! I randomly walked into a Manolo store recently, saw the Hangisi Mule Flat and fell in love. I wore it around the shop before buying it and didn't have any issues with the mules slipping off then. However, I wore it out again after that day and have quite a bit of trouble keeping the mules on my feet :sad: with my feet completely coming out of the mules at times. I tend to be a fast walker which could be causing the issue as well. I was wondering if anyone has tips on how to keep my feet from slipping off besides walking slower? I dont want to give up on them coz they are too pretty..

Hi Jennifer, I have the same dilemma. How do you feel getting the larger size? thanks

Thanks for replying!

The pair in 38 arrived today and in terms of fit they are quite close to 37.5. My toe box does not feel cramped at all in 38 but the sides are quite loose because I have narrow feet so still not an easy decision to make.

I think I’ll probably keep the 37.5 and hopefully with a bit of stretch over time they will be more comfortable
Hi how do you find getting the 37.5? did they stretch over time or regret not getting the 38? I am in the same dilemma. please help

I noticed that even in Manolo flats the size is not the same. I tried the Hangisi flat with 39 was my size, but a different version on Manolo (purple with stones) was too big. I would say if it’s a closed heel go at least 1/2 size up and put in a soft insole, which you can always take out if feet feel swollen.

His shoes are all hand made which accounts for the slight variation in sizes. I’ve been buying his shoes since the 80’s and it’s always been like this. I still have some of his shoes from decades ago, and besides my Chanel ballerina flats, can’t say that about any other brand.

Reactions: claritaaa27
Hi ladies, I need help! I randomly walked into a Manolo store recently, saw the Hangisi Mule Flat and fell in love. I wore it around the shop before buying it and didn't have any issues with the mules slipping off then. However, I wore it out again after that day and have quite a bit of trouble keeping the mules on my feet :sad: with my feet completely coming out of the mules at times. I tend to be a fast walker which could be causing the issue as well. I was wondering if anyone has tips on how to keep my feet from slipping off besides walking slower? I dont want to give up on them coz they are too pretty..
Pretty late response but have you tried using a ball of foot insert? You stick it on the bed of your shoes for grip.