Manhattan Moms - Real Housewives of NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalodie ~ You Are Very Right!!!!!
These women do not, I repeat do not, represent the Upper East Side of Manhattan. They are not the majority. I know for a fact, and I will not say how, that one in particular is the laughing stock in many circles and she is painfully oblivious and this has been the case for years. People make fun of her and roll their eyes as soon as she walks in a room.

Exactly:yes:
I think that's exactly why they are on the show, because Bravo cannot find real socialites, only those who want to be "socialites."

Noooooooooo!!!!! :angel: There are plenty of classy Mommy and Non-Mommy ladies here on the West Coast attending lots of classy parties and having no botox to their face! I hate what the OC ladies did for the reps of us out here on the West Coast.....:sad:

I'm not offending all of Southern Cali, I am referring to the Coto lovelies on these show. I would HOPE normal people wouldn't carry themselves that way no matter where they lived. I don't group all of people that live on the west coast the same. Same as I don't judge the NYC ones. I know everyone is not going to be like them. The people on these shows are expected to be flamboyant and "outrageous" that is why they are on these shows. I never really saw anything that outrageous on the OC one. It wasn't me laughing with them, I was laughing at them. But in their minds they think they are the cats a$$ and the end all of Klassy. Even Lauri and George considered them "Royalty of Coto". It's good to be a legend in your own mind, no? Anyway cheers. I didn't mean to insult anyone except the ones on the shows. :flowers:

Exactly what Bravo looks for tacky stereotypes to poke fun at. People with real money, and class wouldn't want to be on a reality show.:smile:

This is totally ridiculous...I know two of these women and they are anything but socialites...more like laughing stocks in certain circles. Really makes all us New Yorkers look bad. Some of us actually work hard for a living in order to give our kids a fine education and the experience of being raised in the greatest city in the world. The new money New Yorkers, as pictured, are not locally considered socialites...quite the contrary. They are tacky and in no way represent the real social elite of the upper east side who who never participate in such a tawdry little reality show. That being said..can not wait to watch but I do feel sorry for their kids.

...I believe the east coast will be more classy than the west coast...Not wannabes...
Oh, Hubba, your iminent disappointment is palpable. I strongly recommend that you lay in a good stock of your preferred adult beverage for the premiere, to lessen the shock.
...Marrying a Count...
That particular poor hamster may be just too sad to have any fun making fun of. They are really getting close to the edge of my comfort level there. So many people want her to attend their events. Just look at all those invitations, my goodness.

Moving only slightly up the too pitiful for reality show food chain, did the "this season on" previews at the end of that little half hour preview show contain a line from one of the hamsters making a reference to "my gay husband?"

I'm watching the New York moms preview show now. Ohmigod! :nuts: I will definitely be watching. I like the fact that the husbands are more visible in this series, unlike the OC men. The husbands may be more entertaining, in fact.

I also love how the wives aren't made up and botoxed. That is what I love about NY women -- minus these characters. NY women can be somewhat abrasive, but you can't beat their style and sophistication. They don't need to attract an audience like Woo Hoo Vicki to gain attention.

OT: These Rhode Island/Jersey accents are killing me. :lol:

I wonder why Tinsley isn't a part of the cast LOL! It would sooooooooo interesting if she were.
tinsleyriverkeeperparker.jpg

I wonder why Tinsley isn't a part of the cast LOL! It would sooooooooo interesting if she were.
tinsleyriverkeeperparker.jpg

Are you kidding? SHe would not be caught dead even talking to these wannabes who are not, I repeat not, socialites in any way, shape, or form. This show is really annoying to me and I think these women who are exploiting their children should be ashamed of themselves. The old saying is so very true: money does not buy class.

Just saw this train wreck of a show.

Alex & DH - stop shopping & go to the dentist for Gods sake. You can wear a $20,000
gown but it doesn't cover up your messed up teeth. They win the ugly couple of the year award.

Romona - has had alot of PS done! Man, it is the first thing I noticed. She is Vicki only she slaps instead of screams. She is more obnoxious than Vicki cause she still has young kids at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.