Manhattan Moms - Real Housewives of NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^ I totally agree Ny vicki(with really bad hair) she will be dubbed east coast piggy! So this show should be interesting, wow to say the least after seeing that 30 min episode tonight! So scary! The "chef" modern day martha stewert needs to eat some of the food she's cooking, Uhmmm anorexia much, yikes!

Yes, serious cash on the UES but these gals are nouveau riche...not true socialites with old family money. True NYC socialites do not act, look, or dress as this group does. I am completely mortified by the preview. Not all of we UES moms are garish. Some of us even dress according to our ages, believe it or not.

Yes, serious cash on the UES but these gals are nouveau riche...not true socialites with old family money. True NYC socialites do not act, look, or dress as this group does. I am completely mortified by the preview. Not all of we UES moms are garish. Some of us even dress according to our ages, believe it or not.

:roflmfao:

What I want to know is where do you meet a Count? I want one to play with. I could do what they do and be very good at it.

The redhead seriously scares me to look at. She is super attached to her husband. OMG. That is so sad. I am guessing they live in Park Slope, but on their block they looked like they had the nicest townhouse. The rest of the block looked run down. Maybe it might be up and coming? Doesn't she look like the reporter on NBC, Keith Morrison? :lol:

I can guarantee you these woman aren't as upscale as we might be led to believe from commercials and such.

It's funny, I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday about this show- we were talking about it b/c she called me to tell me what happened to Heath Ledger. She lives in an apt very near his. She is what I would term 'less-new NYC money'. Her grandparents invented what has become an icon in the children's toy world. (If you think about it, you might figure out what I'm talking about, but I won't name it here out of respect for them.) Most of her family live on the UES and she did until about a year ago. Anyway- they are super simple people, who are not into conspicuous displays of wealth AT ALL. We were laughing about this show because as Hubba alluded, the real wealthy would not be caught dead on such a show.

^Yeah... I'd have to agree with that. They don't seem like an East Coast equivalent of the OC show people at all to me.
OH, and mid-thirties my ass.
The preview was awful.

Oh that's not what I meant at all. I believe the east coast will be more classy than the west coast. I do believe our "Moms" do attend a lot of parties, but not the kind at Vickie's house on the OC show. These are parties for charities and functions. Not wannabes trying to compare whose face doesn't move. The OC messes wish they could attend parties like the east coast ones do. Marrying a Count trumps over all the botox of Coto any day in my book.

The thing the Moms of NYC have in common with the OC Messes is that they are having a hard time grasping their real ages, and thats what makes it embarrassing no matter what coast you are on. :s

Oh that's not what I meant at all. I believe the east coast will be more classy than the west coast. I do believe our "Moms" do attend a lot of parties, but not the kind at Vickie's house on the OC show. These are parties for charities and functions. Not wannabes trying to compare whose face doesn't move. The OC messes wish they could attend parties like the east coast ones do. Marrying a Count trumps over all the botox of Coto any day in my book.

The thing the Moms of NYC have in common with the OC Messes is that they are having a hard time grasping their real ages, and thats what makes it embarrassing no matter what coast you are on. :s

Noooooooooo!!!!! :angel: There are plenty of classy Mommy and Non-Mommy ladies here on the West Coast attending lots of classy parties and having no botox to their face! I hate what the OC ladies did for the reps of us out here on the West Coast.....:sad:

These women do not, I repeat do not, represent the Upper East Side of Manhattan. They are not the majority. I know for a fact, and I will not say how, that one in particular is the laughing stock in many circles and she is painfully oblivious and this has been the case for years. People make fun of her and roll their eyes as soon as she walks in a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.