Manager rolled her eyes at me! *UPDATE*

ok, let me know what you think of this. I actually called their 800 number to get the name of the regional manager and it automatically gave me the store closest to me. Just so happens it was the manager (but not of the store I went to). She was EXTREMELY nice, and told me the Regional manager would be in her store tomorrow an would give me a call. I told her I have a letter written too. Should I still mail it or give it to the RM tomorrow? the Manager actually invited me in to meet with her and the RM would be in too...but before I print, please let me know if this letter is better/what needs changed/improved.

Thank you so much for everyones input and for the link to the "how to complain" website! lol

Dayna Brown
Helzberg Diamonds
SouthHillsVillage
Pittsburgh, PA15243
(This is a sample address, I have to get the right one)

Dear Ms. Brown,

I have been a pleased customer with your Helzberg Diamonds store for the past six years. On my most recent visit on Friday, February 10, 2008 at 7pm, I received poor customer service that I felt I should bring to your attention.

I was in the store to get my ring fixed, which I felt was defective, and also to look at new mountings. When I walked into the store, Aaron greeted me and was quick to help me. I showed Aaron my ring which looked as if the diamond was loose. I had bought the extended warranty on it so I did not think I would have a problem getting it fixed. He poked at it and looked at it under the microscope and told me it was an “illusion” and did not need fixed. He offered to clean it while the Assistant Manager, Sarah, showed me mountings.

As I was talking to Sarah about the mounting I wanted to put on layaway, my husband had stormed out of the store. I told Sarah I would be back the following week. When I left Helzberg, my husband told me not to go back. He explained to me that when Aaron came back from cleaning my rings, the Manager, Brandy, shook her head at me and rolled her eyes. I feel as if that was unprofessional. Was it because I was complaining about my ring?

I was very disappointed with the service I received that day. If you would please address this issue with your associates, I would greatly appreciate it. I enjoy shopping at your store; however, I will be shopping at a different location in the future.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

(I would sign my name here)

Wendie LaXXXXX

XXX KisXX Street
CXXXX, PA 12345
Phone: (XXX) 200.XXX
Fax: (XXX) XXX.5118
Email: [email protected]

I have a snake chain and pendant from there and i never had issues sending my chain in to get fixed. i had a 3yr warranty and the chain fell apart 3 times. once it was fixed then it was replaced and the fixed again. maybe (aaron) was pissed off because he wasnt making any money off you. they work off commission. I never go there anymore. i dont like stores that make commission off customers. they push items on you.

I think it sounds much more professional!

As for going into the store...if they handle things well, would you shop there again? Or did this experience ruin it for you, and it doesn't matter what they would say, you're done?

If you would like to shop there again, I'd go and speak to the manager, although I wouldn't bring the letter. If everything works out, you could edit the letter to mention you met with management, but still send it to corporate (not to your store), just to make them aware.

If you're disgusted and don't care what they have to say, politely decline the meeting, and send the letter.

The revised letter sounds MUCH better more concise and to the point. I'm glad you looked at the link the previous tPF'er gave you. As for sending the letter. If you feel talking with the RM resolves the situation for you then no need for a letter. However, as previous poster mentioned, think about your reasons for posting. Do you want to continue shopping at the previous store and get better service? Or do you plan to not shop there regardless? I don't think it's outside the realm to ask for a discount on the item you had planned to purchase as this event has lead to time and energy spent on dealing with the situation. I am glad you are being proactive and taking the time to assert yourself. No matter how much you buy or don't buy, people deserve to be treated with respect!

The letter sounds very good. I don't know if you plan to mail a hard copy or email it, but usually you can look up a corporate site online for the store and get their email address so it goes to the corporate headquarters. The great thing about email is that you can resend it every other day until someone responds. I have found this works VERY well when we have a very bad experience at restaurants and stores locally. ;)

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Regardless of how much money one spends at a store, you deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. I think it would be appropriate to let the next level of management know your experience with their level of service. No one deserves this type of treatment (can you imagine what they may do to others....?)
I agree^^^

Just wanted to wish you luck and hope it works out for you. She was rude and she should apologize for her behavior. I would not take by business back to them; there are too many other jewelry stores around to have to deal with that.

I totally agree with Harley Nemma. It doesn't matter if you spent $200 or $20,000 - you are still a paying customer. People like this should not be working "customer service and/or sales" IMO! Bottom line is, if they are a manager they have a boss...I would call them.

well...the regional district manager called me yesterday and said she appreiciated the letter and bringing it to her attention. she told me how sorry she was and feels the matter was handled appropriatly (sp?) and hopes I continue doing business with them.

well...the regional district manager called me yesterday and said she appreiciated the letter and bringing it to her attention. she told me how sorry she was and feels the matter was handled appropriatly (sp?) and hopes I continue doing business with them.

I read through your letter again and I can't figure out how she felt the matter was handled appropriately.
They didn't actually DO anything, did they? 'except maybe give you the address to send the letter to?
:confused1:

The reigonal manager thinks it WAS handled appropriately? I'm hoping you meant to say, NOT handled approropriately. I'd go ahead and mail it to corporate, a few copies, to individual names, the CEO, CFO, etc.

And I certainly would not return.

write a written complaint and send to everyone, even the ceo! that way it gets documented, and the corporate office won't forget when bonus time rolls around. for any service person, especially a manager of a luxury jewelry store to roll their eyes at you. how dare they! if she did it to you, she has done with other customers. that manager has some nerve.

i remember once at an airport, i was at the duty free gucci counter,and wanted to try on a watch, and the stupid sales girl rolled her eyes at me and smirked. i regret not saying anything, i felt like sh*t the entire flight back from asia. i was in high school. i never forgot her. i would really like to see her now, and have a little chat.

hey do you guys remember in pretty woman when the snooty sales people wouldn't help julia roberts..and the next day she goes back and tells them off. i just though of that for some reason...

The reigonal manager thinks it WAS handled appropriately? I'm hoping you meant to say, NOT handled approropriately. I'd go ahead and mail it to corporate, a few copies, to individual names, the CEO, CFO, etc.

And I certainly would not return.

I guess I could have reworded that better...

The RDM said they had a talk with Brandy and they took care of it, and my situation was handled appropriately...