makeupalley.com

MUA is awesome!!! i was a crazed makeup fan in the past and was an active member there (swapped, wrote over 100 reviews, etc). I learned alot, got some good make up ideas, and even met a few good friends there!
Also, MUA is where i first discovered marc jacobs purses. *swoon*

bella1 said:
Me too! I started out at MUA and got obsessed w/makeup and skincare goods~~went through tons and slowly phased out then found this site. LOL~~ I still go back to the site always before buying beauty items to see the reviews and make a decision.

I looove the reviews! I've found a lot of HGs thanks to Productville. I went crazy trying to write reviews for every product I've ever tried, but it got overwhelming. I don't hang out there as much anymore since I've found tPF, though. It's a great place for info on makeup, skincare, etc. Plus, I've made a lot of wonderful friends there in the 5 years that I've been a member there. I was sooo hesitant to join at first and just lurked for almost a year because everyone seemed to know sooo much much and I felt kinda intimidated(kinda like the way I felt here before I finally joined), but everyone(save for the usual handful of trolls and bad apples) was really great. :heart:

ameka said:
The Fashion message board on the site is what got me here to tPF. :yes:
me too.

and pupster i was the same way about collecting makeup...then i went through my stash, tallied my unused or rarely used items and realized i could have bought my speedy about 3 years earlier (not that i wanted one three years ago but i was saving for it at the time of the great cleanout ;))

that was the end of my makeup obsession. well...not the END, but i definately stick to my staples now. :yes: i still go there for reviews when i want to try something new though.

FullyLoaded said:
I won't buy anything without searching their reviews! The messageboard part I detest though- I wish it had a setup like this one.

How on earth do you find out your complexion color? Is there a chart? I don't know what PDPT NC4RT or whatever those things are!

a lot of people use the mac foundations system:

w - warm (very olive/yellow)
nw - neutral warm (slightly yellow)
n - neutral
nc - neutral cool (that's me! slightly pink)
c - cool (very pink)

the numbers are the shade from light to dark: they range from 15 to about 70 i think.

Pupsterpurse said:
Love that site! I'm a fellow MUAer, too! I know there are a few of us here. My obsession before coming here to tPF was makeup. lol. I was one of those makeup collectors

Me too.

I rarely buy m/u any more since I have plenty from my m/u obesessed days. NOW I miss those days cuz m/u is soooooooo much cheaper than bags :crybaby:

Yes I am a fellow MUAer too!. I love it and check EVERYTHING out before I move towards the cosmetics counter! MUA has kept me company through months of bedrest while pregnant.. I only wished I had found PF earlier!

ilzabet said:
a lot of people use the mac foundations system:

w - warm (very olive/yellow)
nw - neutral warm (slightly yellow)
n - neutral
nc - neutral cool (that's me! slightly pink)
c - cool (very pink)

the numbers are the shade from light to dark: they range from 15 to about 70 i think.
There is a website called "ultimate Skin Forum" it is set up just like this one - still building membership but I like that it's not that populated.

I love MUA. It doesn't matter how obscure a product is...it's either been reviewed already or someone will know about it if you post a question about it. Unless I don't have a chance to, I'll always read about it on MUA before buying it. It was responsible for my stash of tons of makeup I didn't use...and paying unbelievable amount for LE items, but it was fun. I enjoyed swapping and getting so many little bubble envelopes in the mail, and getting to know so some of the gals there. I still have a tremendous stash I don't know what to do with. Regarding the question of the a foundation chart, there was one created a while back. Not sure if it's been updated but here's the link: '+' . I don't know how many times I've referred to this...then about 200 foundations later, I'd found my HG. Of course, it's discontinued now. **edited...not sure why the link is so tiny, but just click on the plus sign.