Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

I think your SA would probably think its weird if you don't follow up....

SA thoughts: "oh...she hasnt even talked about the SO...maybe she isnt really interested...maybe ill just call Claire about the slot..."

I agree with this. If you (=hbr) want to make it less awkward, don't ask anything but give your SA some general compliment and express your excitement, so that your SA can appreciate your kind words and would not forget your SO. For example, I would say like this: "my friend told me that only selected clients get an SO offer. I felt so privileged/lucky to have you and get this opportunity." etc.

Last edited:
I agree with this. If you (=hbr) want to make it less awkward, don't ask anything but give your SA some general compliment and express your excitement, so that your SA can appreciate your kind words and would not forget your SO. For example, I would say like this: "my friend told me that only selected clients get an SO offer. I felt so privileged/lucky to have you." etc.
Love this! Great idea 🙏
Thank you!

• Thanks
Reactions: B3K3
Hi everyone. Need your input about something: when I was visiting my (out of state) boutique last week my SA asked me how I felt about the opportunity of a SO, and of course I replied that I would LOVE to create my own bag one day. We got to discussing details and my SA said that the SM is the one who allocates SO spots and that my SA would bring it up with the SM. I’ll be going back to the boutique next week and will be picking up a couple items that my SA has put aside for me.

My question is : should I bring up the SO when I’m there and ask about whether or not my SA has discussed this with the SM? Or do I wait and say nothing? I won’t be going back to the boutique during the summer so this will be the last time I’m in the boutique for at least 3 months.
If you are interested I would ask when you can expect an update as you are really excited about the opportunity. The worst she can do is say the SM said no.

Reactions: addiCCted and B3K3
Hi everyone. Need your input about something: when I was visiting my (out of state) boutique last week my SA asked me how I felt about the opportunity of a SO, and of course I replied that I would LOVE to create my own bag one day. We got to discussing details and my SA said that the SM is the one who allocates SO spots and that my SA would bring it up with the SM. I’ll be going back to the boutique next week and will be picking up a couple items that my SA has put aside for me.

My question is : should I bring up the SO when I’m there and ask about whether or not my SA has discussed this with the SM? Or do I wait and say nothing? I won’t be going back to the boutique during the summer so this will be the last time I’m in the boutique for at least 3 months.
Of course you should feel free to bring it up.
I doubt if this were anything other than Hermes with its social media induced, stepping on eggshell culture, the question would even have come into your mind.
As some have already written, lack of enthusiasm could be more negative than excitement at the prospect.

Just behave in a normal manner

Of course you should feel free to bring it up.
I doubt if this were anything other than Hermes with its social media induced, stepping on eggshell culture, the question would even have come into your mind.
As some have already written, lack of enthusiasm could be more negative than excitement at the prospect.

Just behave in a normal manner
This! I think we all feel like the rules of engagement change with Hermes but not necessarily! Thank you 🙏

Update! Thank you all for the great advice. I went in today and after seeing it/trying it on, I can tell I am going to love it. It was not my top choice of colour, but it actually works with everything.

Here is my K25 Sellier in Etoupe with PHW.
Etoupe is one of my favorites! It goes with everything! Congratulations!

Update! Thank you all for the great advice. I went in today and after seeing it/trying it on, I can tell I am going to love it. It was not my top choice of colour, but it actually works with everything.

Here is my K25 Sellier in Etoupe with PHW.
Congrats!! Happy for you that you took it. It will grow on you. It’s so easy to use.

I didn’t think I’d ever take anything etoupe until I was offered one and now I love my etoupe b.

More of a vent than a question... Or maybe a question but rhetorical. In a sense that nothing to be done now. Or can it? Here it goes: I took a friend who really liked my H silver jewelry to shop with my SA. She bought a few pieces. She also has no interest in QBs so I thought I did a nice thing for all involved- my SA got a sale with no pressure of a bag expectation, I had fun with my friend and scored brownie points and friend got what she wanted and lots of guidance. My SA has great taste.
Womp womp womp. The friend now wants to return half and I feel embarrassed and a bit of a responsibility.

More of a vent than a question... Or maybe a question but rhetorical. In a sense that nothing to be done now. Or can it? Here it goes: I took a friend who really liked my H silver jewelry to shop with my SA. She bought a few pieces. She also has no interest in QBs so I thought I did a nice thing for all involved- my SA got a sale with no pressure of a bag expectation, I had fun with my friend and scored brownie points and friend got what she wanted and lots of guidance. My SA has great taste.
Womp womp womp. The friend now wants to return half and I feel embarrassed and a bit of a responsibility.
Oh nooo.. that’s annoying 😞

Reactions: OnlyModa