Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Since many of fellow TPFers have already responded, I will not repeat it. (That being said, I agree with all the responses that it's a big no-no given the recent lawsuit issue.)

But, I actually asked this when I started shopping at Hermes last year. (It was way before the lawsuit came out.) Because I was basically new to shopping at luxury brands and my SA knew that I was truly genuine/curious about this, my SA told me that, "there is no such thing." She added that "just enjoy and get what you like, and I I will help you get the bag you want." My shopping at Hermes has not been more than 9 months roughly, and I have secured 7 bags so far (3 of them were QBs***). And my pre-spend has been significantly lower than the average posts here.

Here are my thoughts:
- Even if you ask, your SA will not say much about it.
- I think it's all about the relationship with the SA/store at the end. And it's also about being patient.

I hope this helps!

ETA: ***The last one was the HSS order I did earlier this year. I just counted it here since it is almost guaranteed.
Thank you for this. So helpful 🙏🙏
How and when did you bring up the bags you ended up purchasing? I’m guessing it was just a natural flow in conversation. I think for me the challenge is that I’m out of state from my store so keeping that connection and relationship is a bit more challenging.

How and when did you bring up the bags you ended up purchasing? I’m guessing it was just a natural flow in conversation. I think for me the challenge is that I’m out of state from my store so keeping that connection and relationship is a bit more challenging.
I've visited my store regularly (so that all other SAs and staff all know my face -if not my name- naturally) and I have also been in contact with my SA via texts regularly. My SA is a leather-specific SA, and she knew I am primarily interested in the bags. But, because I was completely new to Hermes, she introduced me to other sections outside the bags as well; We then have shopped across all metiers naturally.

And yes, all the conversations about bags came up naturally. I tried not to show any obsession or craving about the bags although my SA may have noticed it... :lol:

It’s definitely easier in-store because there’s always a beautiful bag to admire (and one can certainly express admiration without asking about availability) - leads quite naturally into more specific conversations about your personal interests and preferences.

I wouldn’t, especially with the lawsuit out there. Best to just buy what you like and then express interest in bag. It will usually happen naturally in time.

We were in the store today, and upon checking out, the SA said that MKs are showing up more regularly, but to not even bother asking about a KP as they’re impossible. So factor that into your situation.
I think big stores get a lot of KPs. I’m new to the U.S. stores so I do not understand this myth of the KP. In my experience in Europe it is a NQB and offered when they cannot offer you BK at that particular store (i.e., your BK wishlist is in another store). I saw somewhere the other day a post stating someone’s friends got offered a few in the U.S. some weeks ago with low prespend.

I asked specifically and was told “only if you bought 10 bags.” This probably varies by store as so much seems to 🤷‍♀️

So I think if you really like it get it - 36 is big right? So not the same type of bag as a b30/k25, 28.

Reactions: hbr
I asked specifically and was told “only if you bought 10 bags.” This probably varies by store as so much seems to 🤷‍♀️

So I think if you really like it get it - 36 is big right? So not the same type of bag as a b30/k25, 28.
It seems it depends on the store. It might be that one would need to give up on a QB to get one then? My impression so far is that it is much easier to get a KP than K25 or B25 for example.

Reactions: hbr
I think big stores get a lot of KPs. I’m new to the U.S. stores so I do not understand this myth of the KP. In my experience in Europe it is a NQB and offered when they cannot offer you BK at that particular store (i.e., your BK wishlist is in another store). I saw somewhere the other day a post stating someone’s friends got offered a few in the U.S. some weeks ago with low prespend.
KPs are very rare. However, there was a decent sized batch sent out to stores several weeks ago for the first time in a long time. I do not think they are plentiful in Europe either. Their global resale availability and price over the last couple of years would not be as crazy if they were easy to get.

Last edited:
KPs are very rare. However, there was a decent sized batch sent out to stores a several weeks ago for the first time in a long time. I do not think they are plentiful in Europe either. Their global resale availability and price over the last couple of years would not be as crazy if they were easy to get.
This has also been my experience - very rare even in the wild. Though available à la carte.

It seems it depends on the store. It might be that one would need to give up on a QB to get one then? My impression so far is that it is much easier to get a KP than K25 or B25 for example.
I got a B25 Porosus Croc - but no KP :lol: in Europe it is usually harder to get a KP than a B25. It is a QB in Germany (according to my SA) but some say yes, others say no.

I got a B25 Porosus Croc - but no KP :lol: in Europe it is usually harder to get a KP than a B25. It is a QB in Germany (according to my SA) but some say yes, others say no.
In Italy it is much easier to get them than a B or K 25. My friend who is a super VIP got very offended when she was offered a croc KP instead of a croc MK, she was going to change stores (not only for that) so right after she got the studded MK and the B20. Maybe because locals prefer the other bags, so people don’t even ask for it as much?

In Italy it is much easier to get them than a B or K 25. My friend who is a super VIP got very offended when she was offered a croc KP instead of a croc MK, she was going to change stores (not only for that) so right after she got the studded MK and the B20. Maybe because locals prefer the other bags, so people don’t even ask for it as much?
I wouldn’t use the experience of “super VIP” clients to establish a norm for Hermes shopping on anything. If one is “super VIP”, everything is easy and there are no limits or need to “maintain the relationship”. The reality for the common shopper will obviously be much different, and that reality is that KPs are super rare and very difficult to get without being a super VIP.

This thread is about maintaining an H relationship, if you're about to post about offers (or the lack of them) or the availability of quota bags it'll be a different thread.

Please stay on-topic

I am curious to get the thread's thoughts on the following . Some background is required, so thanks in advance for sticking with me.

I used to do most of my luxury shopping during once- or twice-yearly trips to a vacation destination on the other side of the country from where I live (five hours by plane). I find H SAs to be transactional. Helpful, but aloof. They offer a first name, but never a business card, and they never follow up after a visit. (I find it easier to get business cards than water at other luxury boutiques.) Attempts to make small talk in the hopes of establishing a relationship, such as the time I mentioned to an SA that they helped me during a previous visit, are ignored.

About six years ago, an SA in our destination city followed up with me via email, thanking me for my purchase and offering contact information should I need future assistance. The timing was good, since it was about a year before COVID and appointments became necessary. While I have not shopped exclusively with this SA, the majority of my purchases (80%, or more) have been with her; the rest were made in other destination cities since I am not a fan of my local boutique. She has sourced/ordered items on my list when her store does not have them in stock and redirected me to a different store in her city when she found one item there. She arranged for a colleague to step in when my last visit overlapped with her vacation. She has never bemoaned purchases made in other stores, or pressured me to buy. My first (and only) QB came from her. Our relationship has developed over time and we even chat about personal topics when I see her, but no contact between visits outside of setting up my next appointment and sending her a list in advance (which she prefers, but also knows she can pull other items for me to consider).

I recently had the opportunity to visit the next closest boutique to where I live (two hours away by car) and a curious thing happened that has me questioning what to do: The SA I was paired with (again helpful, but aloof) offered his business card and said to reach out if I needed future assistance. This was after he rang up my purchase (small for H, under $1K) and was putting my receipt in an envelope.

I am torn. On the one hand, I am shopping luxury more frequently and regular cross-country plane rides are not feasible. On the other, I have a great relationship with my current SA. Things I am contemplating as I make my decision include what, if anything, I should read into being offered a business card from this new SA (especially the timing, since it was after he pulled my profile), given he knows I have a regular SA. I have heard it mentioned here that some level of information about spend/client potential (?) is available to SAs via the customer profile. My purchases have gotten more substantial over time, but I am a small client compared to many here. Positioning myself for two QBs per year is not what I am after, but I would like to add another bag, or two, to my collection over time. Thoughts on how to proceed from those who know the world of H far better than me?

I am curious to get the thread's thoughts on the following . Some background is required, so thanks in advance for sticking with me.

I used to do most of my luxury shopping during once- or twice-yearly trips to a vacation destination on the other side of the country from where I live (five hours by plane). I find H SAs to be transactional. Helpful, but aloof. They offer a first name, but never a business card, and they never follow up after a visit. (I find it easier to get business cards than water at other luxury boutiques.) Attempts to make small talk in the hopes of establishing a relationship, such as the time I mentioned to an SA that they helped me during a previous visit, are ignored.

About six years ago, an SA in our destination city followed up with me via email, thanking me for my purchase and offering contact information should I need future assistance. The timing was good, since it was about a year before COVID and appointments became necessary. While I have not shopped exclusively with this SA, the majority of my purchases (80%, or more) have been with her; the rest were made in other destination cities since I am not a fan of my local boutique. She has sourced/ordered items on my list when her store does not have them in stock and redirected me to a different store in her city when she found one item there. She arranged for a colleague to step in when my last visit overlapped with her vacation. She has never bemoaned purchases made in other stores, or pressured me to buy. My first (and only) QB came from her. Our relationship has developed over time and we even chat about personal topics when I see her, but no contact between visits outside of setting up my next appointment and sending her a list in advance (which she prefers, but also knows she can pull other items for me to consider).

I recently had the opportunity to visit the next closest boutique to where I live (two hours away by car) and a curious thing happened that has me questioning what to do: The SA I was paired with (again helpful, but aloof) offered his business card and said to reach out if I needed future assistance. This was after he rang up my purchase (small for H, under $1K) and was putting my receipt in an envelope.

I am torn. On the one hand, I am shopping luxury more frequently and regular cross-country plane rides are not feasible. On the other, I have a great relationship with my current SA. Things I am contemplating as I make my decision include what, if anything, I should read into being offered a business card from this new SA (especially the timing, since it was after he pulled my profile), given he knows I have a regular SA. I have heard it mentioned here that some level of information about spend/client potential (?) is available to SAs via the customer profile. My purchases have gotten more substantial over time, but I am a small client compared to many here. Positioning myself for two QBs per year is not what I am after, but I would like to add another bag, or two, to my collection over time. Thoughts on how to proceed from those who know the world of H far better than me?
My advise is always, if you want access to bags or other limited items and/or an SA who is motivated to source items for you, to pick one SA at one store and stick with them. It seems you’ve already broke this advice, which is fine, but makes all avenues more difficult. I wouldn’t read much of anything into an SA giving you their card in these days. I strongly believe H is finally sensing an economic crunch and is actively trying to get clients to spend more and to win new clients. I don’t think there was anything personal about the SA wanting your business. I do think though, whether they admit it or not, your original SA will not be pleased when she sees your recent other store purchase.

IMO your decision is to either keep your previous prespending and client history with the downside of it being a further away store and be fully loyal there OR move to the new SA which would mean your profile basically resets but you’re now shopping closer to home but then from this point on be fiercely loyal. Without loyalty, one way or another, unless you can afford to spend enough at each location that it is worth it for them to look the other way, you won’t find easy success.

A few things to unpack here.

I wouldn’t question the timing of the business card. That’s the logical time to offer one and I’ve been offered business cards by associates at H, including associates who I could tell had no interest in seeing me ever again. They might have a habit of giving one to everyone, it might be the current direction of management and the manager might be standing nearby, or they could be genuinely after you as a customer. Who knows, doesn’t really matter.

Is it truly easier for you to drive two hours each way every time you want to shop or to shop during vacation?

One thing you can do is try to investigate how junior the sales person is. Perhaps try to find out in a casual conversation when they started at the store? If this person is Junior, they are more likely to be building a customer base and eager to help. If this person is very senior, they might just be a polished sales person who has little interest in new customers, but has a good habit of giving away business cards. After all, they are on commission for most items and you never know who decides to come back.