Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Hi
I just wanted to share my experience with the ladies here, who are keen on the B and the K. In 2014, I was in Vegas for a holiday and went into Hermes after dinner asking for a Birkin. Luis the SA, who was very nice and easy to speak with, said no Birkins in store. So I purchased a mini Berline from him. He gave me his card and asked me to call him if I wanted anything else. Because I was leaving the next day, I didn't. Bit of a regret, but oh well. In 2015, I purchased a pair of twillies from the Hermes boutique near me. The SA gave me her card. But I made no effort to keep in touch with her. Maybe. it was because we didn't click, I mean there were no small talk except for the purchase. Then, this year, in May, my birthday month, I went to the same Hermes boutique. Another SA was assisting me this time. I asked for a Hermes Toolbox 20 or a Lindy 26. She told me she had both, and asked me for colors. I told her the color and she came back with the bags. I chose the Toolbox. I had also brought my Lindy 30 (purchased online from the Hermes US website early 2015) to see if Hermes could help do spot cleaning as I had found 2 small white specks at the side. She took it to her craftsman in the boutique, and came back 15 minutes later with the bag cleaned up. The craftsman had also removed some dried nail polish which he discovered on the zipper. I was impressed that it was very thorough inspection. We chatted for a while, I asking her for advice on cleaning and maintaining Hermes bags, and she sharing her knowledge of Hermes leather and colors with me, etc. Although she was young, but she was very eager to share what she knows with me. I appreciated that. I also casually asked her if by any chance they had a B or a K. She said no. After making payment for the Toolbox, she gave me her card together with the receipt. Again, before leaving her, I told her that I was very interested in a B or a K, and gave her my specs. She replied very warmly and said she will bear me in mind. The next day, I emailed her my appreciation and submitted again my specs preferences for a B and/or a K as our wedding anniversary was in October. She emailed back and said she will keep me posted. I didn't hear from her. So, the day before my wedding anniversary, the hubby said I could get anything from Hermes. So, I emailed the SA, asking if a specific Silk Twill Scarf and a Scarf ring were available at the boutique. She replied very warmly again and said that she remembered my bag requests but that none were available at the boutique. However, scarf was available and scarf ring could be sent to my residence. I replied that we would be at the boutique in the later afternoon to get the items, and I mentioned that it was our 7th wedding anniversary.
We (hubby, 3 yo and 6 yo) arrived way past the appointed time, very late due to insane traffic. She was busy with a customer but when she saw me, she came over to greet me, again very warmly, it's like seeing an old friend, and said she would be with us in a moment. But that she just wanted to say Hi and wish us happy 7th wedding anniversary. That she remembered my requests. And although none that fit my specs/preferences, she did have a little surprise for me. Silly me, I thought I would be getting samples of Hermes perfurmes. "It's a B25." "Geranium, but palladium hardware." I waited patiently for her to be done with the customer. Then, she disappeared to behind the boutique, came back with the orange box and brought us to the fashion section of the boutique where there was no crowd, as it was near closing time. I tried the cutie on and yes it's a go! Of course, she gave me a big hug before I left and wished us happy anniversary again. I dropped her an email the next morning again thanking her and she replied warmly ending with the note that I let her know if I have any more requests.
I believe I have started a beautiful relationship.
I will always remember the story behind this Birkin.

A delightful shopping experience - thankyou for sharing and enjoy your new purchase

Reactions: Momoe Mint
Hi
I just wanted to share my experience with the ladies here, who are keen on the B and the K. In 2014, I was in Vegas for a holiday and went into Hermes after dinner asking for a Birkin. Luis the SA, who was very nice and easy to speak with, said no Birkins in store. So I purchased a mini Berline from him. He gave me his card and asked me to call him if I wanted anything else. Because I was leaving the next day, I didn't. Bit of a regret, but oh well. In 2015, I purchased a pair of twillies from the Hermes boutique near me. The SA gave me her card. But I made no effort to keep in touch with her. Maybe. it was because we didn't click, I mean there were no small talk except for the purchase. Then, this year, in May, my birthday month, I went to the same Hermes boutique. Another SA was assisting me this time. I asked for a Hermes Toolbox 20 or a Lindy 26. She told me she had both, and asked me for colors. I told her the color and she came back with the bags. I chose the Toolbox. I had also brought my Lindy 30 (purchased online from the Hermes US website early 2015) to see if Hermes could help do spot cleaning as I had found 2 small white specks at the side. She took it to her craftsman in the boutique, and came back 15 minutes later with the bag cleaned up. The craftsman had also removed some dried nail polish which he discovered on the zipper. I was impressed that it was very thorough inspection. We chatted for a while, I asking her for advice on cleaning and maintaining Hermes bags, and she sharing her knowledge of Hermes leather and colors with me, etc. Although she was young, but she was very eager to share what she knows with me. I appreciated that. I also casually asked her if by any chance they had a B or a K. She said no. After making payment for the Toolbox, she gave me her card together with the receipt. Again, before leaving her, I told her that I was very interested in a B or a K, and gave her my specs. She replied very warmly and said she will bear me in mind. The next day, I emailed her my appreciation and submitted again my specs preferences for a B and/or a K as our wedding anniversary was in October. She emailed back and said she will keep me posted. I didn't hear from her. So, the day before my wedding anniversary, the hubby said I could get anything from Hermes. So, I emailed the SA, asking if a specific Silk Twill Scarf and a Scarf ring were available at the boutique. She replied very warmly again and said that she remembered my bag requests but that none were available at the boutique. However, scarf was available and scarf ring could be sent to my residence. I replied that we would be at the boutique in the later afternoon to get the items, and I mentioned that it was our 7th wedding anniversary.
We (hubby, 3 yo and 6 yo) arrived way past the appointed time, very late due to insane traffic. She was busy with a customer but when she saw me, she came over to greet me, again very warmly, it's like seeing an old friend, and said she would be with us in a moment. But that she just wanted to say Hi and wish us happy 7th wedding anniversary. That she remembered my requests. And although none that fit my specs/preferences, she did have a little surprise for me. Silly me, I thought I would be getting samples of Hermes perfurmes. "It's a B25." "Geranium, but palladium hardware." I waited patiently for her to be done with the customer. Then, she disappeared to behind the boutique, came back with the orange box and brought us to the fashion section of the boutique where there was no crowd, as it was near closing time. I tried the cutie on and yes it's a go! Of course, she gave me a big hug before I left and wished us happy anniversary again. I dropped her an email the next morning again thanking her and she replied warmly ending with the note that I let her know if I have any more requests.

Congrats on your new Birkin, wedding anniversary and meeting a nice SA!

Hi

WOW! congrats on your anniversary and gorgeous B!!

Hi all I have a few questions.

1.)When you ladies email your SA do they usually include the manager and the managing director ?
2.) How do you maintain a relationship w out living near the store?
3.) When we speak of keeping contact, what do you normally speak about?
4.) How do you know your SA is actually looking out for your requests?
5.) How often should you contact them or should you wait for them to contact you?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all I have a few questions.

1.)When you ladies email your SA do they usually include the manager and the managing director ?
2.) How do you maintain a relationship w out living near the store?
3.) When we speak of keeping contact, what do you normally speak about?
4.) How do you know your SA is actually looking out for your requests?
5.) How often should you contact them or should you wait for them to contact you?

Thanks in advance!
I consider myself still relatively new to Hermes compared to other clientele. This is what I've experienced so far (one year):
1) yes. I've noticed that.
2) I call to see when my SA hours are before I make a drive there. I try to time my visits to the boutique with my SA and if it suits my schedule. I visit anywhere between once to four times a month (averaging twice a month so far). I don't consider myself living close. I live about an hour or two away depending on traffic and road construction on the three fwys. I guess this is still close for others but for me it is a drive. But I try to do other things out in the area as well! I tried emailing back. It was successful the first two times but afterwards somehow my SA did not receive my emails anymore so now I call instead.
3) travel/vacation, work, relationships, hobbies. At the beginning it was mostly hobbies which afterwards led me to visit the boutique in the surrounding area. Later on it branched out to the above topics.
4) I don't always, but getting a special phone call today has my hopes up (& excited to visit tomorrow!) My SA tends to show me the latest goodies from the BdG heart silk scarf to rodeos and anything cute or interesting.
5) I contact them if I want to swing by and set an appointment one or two days in advance to see if our schedules match each other. Sometimes my SA will call me if I haven't reached out anywhere between 1-3 weeks just to check up and see how I'm doing.

Reactions: Susie Tunes
I consider myself still relatively new to Hermes compared to other clientele. This is what I've experienced so far (one year):
1) yes. I've noticed that.
2) I call to see when my SA hours are before I make a drive there. I try to time my visits to the boutique with my SA and if it suits my schedule. I visit anywhere between once to four times a month (averaging twice a month so far). I don't consider myself living close. I live about an hour or two away depending on traffic and road construction on the three fwys. I guess this is still close for others but for me it is a drive. But I try to do other things out in the area as well! I tried emailing back. It was successful the first two times but afterwards somehow my SA did not receive my emails anymore so now I call instead.
3) travel/vacation, work, relationships, hobbies. At the beginning it was mostly hobbies which afterwards led me to visit the boutique in the surrounding area. Later on it branched out to the above topics.
4) I don't always, but getting a special phone call today has my hopes up (& excited to visit tomorrow!) My SA tends to show me the latest goodies from the BdG heart silk scarf to rodeos and anything cute or interesting.
5) I contact them if I want to swing by and set an appointment one or two days in advance to see if our schedules match each other. Sometimes my SA will call me if I haven't reached out anywhere between 1-3 weeks just to check up and see how I'm doing.

Thank you! This helps! My SA is in another state that's why I ask. So I can not frequent very often only when I am in town which is a few times a year.

Have you gotten your request yet? If not how long has it been? Also has she directly told you that she will try to get your request?

Thank you! This helps! My SA is in another state that's why I ask. So I can not frequent very often only when I am in town which is a few times a year.

Have you gotten your request yet? If not how long has it been? Also has she directly told you that she will try to get your request?
Last night I was offer a beautiful Epsom B 30 (in rose Jaipur but wasn't love at first sight). I turned it down and did a hasty impulse buy of a gator cdc, which I will probably return for store credit (not really my style). I was so off yesterday and I should have taken the advice of holding the CDC and thinking about it for a day before making a decision. It is almost a year since my slippery slope with H. And probably about 3 months ago (more or less) my SA considered my request when I inquired.

Last night I was offer a beautiful Epsom B 30 (in rose Jaipur but wasn't love at first sight). I turned it down and did a hasty impulse buy of a gator cdc, which I will probably return for store credit (not really my style). I was so off yesterday and I should have taken the advice of holding the CDC and thinking about it for a day before making a decision. It is almost a year since my slippery slope with H. And probably about 3 months ago (more or less) my SA considered my request when I inquired.

When you say considered your request you mean she actually said to you I'll keep you posted? I'm trying to figure out if they all say I'll look for you and call you when I get something.